Photograph of BlackMesa

X

XerosXIII

Well, not sure if you guys has talk about it yet, but i found this picture hanging at WhiteForest while they're playing Judith's video.

pretty sure there Eli, Kleiner, Gordon... erm... mind you guys tell me who the others are? :cheese:

ep2_outland_11b0000.jpg

From the left: Unknown, Dr Eli Vance, Unknown, Einstein, Dr Wallace Breen, Dr Arne Magnusson, Dr Isaac Kleiner, Dr Gordon Freeman, Slick.

This isn't the first occurrence of this photo. Its in Kleiner's Lab in HL2. It might also be in Black Mesa East.

First scientist from left is probably Dr.Rosenberg.

You sure that guy in the middle's Magnusson?

First scientist from left is probably Dr.Rosenberg.

I'm pretty sure he's a developer. Other person right next to him is Gabe and the guy on the far right is probably (Slick) Magnusson.

There is a pic of Einstein on cc-tv table in Black Mesa east where Mossmant is going to watch pr0n.

At Einstein yes a screenshot but about pr0n... Well I heard strange sounds from that room :D

The guy that looks like Einstein is actually a lookalike scientist from HL1, personally I call him the 'Dog' scientist because he slightly resembles a dog.

Slick is Magnusson. Rosenberg isn't in that photo I think he worked in another part of the facility.

Everything else is pretty old.

Slick is Magnusson. Rosenberg isn't in that photo I think he worked in another part of the facility.

Yep, Magnusson isn't the guy with the mustache, he is Slick on the far right.

AciD said:
At Einstein yes a screenshot but about pr0n... Well I heard strange sounds from that room :D

I think Mossman was telling the Combine to raid BME when she went into that room. If you follow her into it she is quick to tell you to leave.

It would make sense, as he's the largest of the lot, and Slick seems a bit too short to be Magnusson. Besides, Slick died too many times :p

Rosenberg worked in Anomalous Materials, go play Decay.

All officially released expansions for HL ARE canon. Shut up and go ask them yourself.

And Slick is not Magnusson.

All officially released expansions for HL ARE canon. Shut up and go ask them yourself.

No. They're not. Thank you :)

Edit: Decay was withdrawn and it is no longer sold. Thus, not official. Thanks again.

Decay was sold with the PS2 version of HL1 and that wasn't withdrawn.

Yes he is, Magnusson's hair line matches the hair line of Slick in the photo from Keliner's lab, they also both have bushy eyebrows. If Valve wanted to make him look like the mustache guy don't you think they would have given Magnusson a mustache? Really, the guy with the mustache looks a lot less like Magnusson than Slick, I don't know why anyone thinks it's him.

Yes he is, Magnusson's hair line matches the hair line of Slick in the photo from Keliner's lab, they also both have bushy eyebrows. If Valve wanted to make him look like the mustache guy don't you think they would have given Magnusson a mustache? Really, the guy with the mustache looks a lot less like Magnusson than Slick, I don't know why anyone thinks it's him.

Um. Moron.

You fail.

Read my post.

Moron.

Um. Moron.

You fail.

Read my post.

Moron.
Aside from the fact that resorting to name calling constitutes immediate fail, you've not said anything that specifically refutes what he's saying anyway. Particularly as it's clear from where people's feet are that with the exception of the Hobbit woman everyone is the same height. If Valve meant Magnusson to be anyone in the photo, it would have to be Slick. Valve said that Magnusson was a Half-Life 1 throwback. It's impossible for them to do that if he turns out to be a character completely absent from that game that bares a lesser visual similarity anyway.

My bad. It appears my post was in another topic... and I can't appear to find it...
I assumed you'd ignored my post. Too many threads about the same topic is confusing me.

Hold, while I attempt to find it.

Dear god, there is no official canon policy. The only thing we can go with is accepting that when newer source material contradicts older source material, it's better to go with the newer material.

The Decay explanation of what the satellite was for was used in Episode 2. That means that Decay is probably canon.

NOW SHUT UP ABOUT IT.

Nice to see you're promoting a friendly atmosphere on the forums! New guys, eh? I'm sure a moderator will be along shortly to correct your rudeness, oh.. wait :(

And yes, Slick isn't Magnusson! I couldn't find an original image of him, but the slightly tanned scientist from HL is Slick (Not the eli model).

Second from the right.

I think it's real Einstein, not scientist from Black Mesa.

Decay isn't necessarily canon. If you want to make a statement like that, ask a member of Valve first.
If Gearbox games aren't canon then Rosenburg doesn't exist anyway so what are you arguing?

Back