Pictures of Yourself the "Jintor demands it happen" version

Summer of 2007...good times.

n512592575_190034_6760.jpg

Nice assortment of machines there Rep.

n1627443113_201175_3491018.jpg

n1627443113_201176_6008663.jpg

I've got a sweet picture to post.... AFTER SCHOOL TODAY.

lolme.jpg

I may look uninterested, but my brain is fapping.

Nice assortment of machines there Rep.

Cheers, probably could have chosen a better backdrop than a Range Rover mind. :)

That was pretty cool, memorial ride to the coast with hundreds of bikes and it also happened to be the hottest day of the year. 30 odd degrees, cold to you but torturous to us. :p

What is that bike, it looks like a Street Triple but I'm sure it's not?

Yeah but usually when that happens his face is covered in cum.

2825_86278697111_45888017111_2511677_4902095_n.jpg

2825_86278747111_45888017111_2511683_1157359_n.jpg

I am very sweaty, and apparently bricks were shat in that last one.

I like to imagine you have strong feelings for a girl you have never talked to, so you take pictures of things of hers. Such as her sunglasses.

I like to stroke them as well.

Actually, these are my sunglasses.

This is hooooooooooooow to look caaaaaaaaasual, while-singin'
and now I jiiiiiiiiiiiz in my paaaaaaants

Shit, I did not even know you could get crickets for non-jokes.

Cheers, probably could have chosen a better backdrop than a Range Rover mind. :)

That was pretty cool, memorial ride to the coast with hundreds of bikes and it also happened to be the hottest day of the year. 30 odd degrees, cold to you but torturous to us. :p

What is that bike, it looks like a Street Triple but I'm sure it's not?

Yeah mate, she's a Triple, Akra's sound sweet on them yo.

Ya poor bugga, 30 degrees woulda been torture! :LOL: Once piece leathers? <3

Went for a test ride the other week. This pig can pull tree stumps!
n1627443113_219340_7925477.jpg

n1627443113_219339_233365.jpg

n1627443113_219336_1533326.jpg

Yeah mate, she's a Triple, Akra's sound sweet on them yo.

Neat. I was gonna get one of those, but I couldn't deal with the lack of fairing. Anything over 60mph is a chore. I took it up the motorway and my helmet would have been ripped clean off my head by the wind if it wasn't for the chinstrap, and I wasn't even going quickly. It's a great piece of kit but it just felt too much like a toy for my liking. Ideal urban bike IMO.

I don't care what anyone says, sportsbikes are actually really practical machines. Great weather protection, the riding position makes a lot of sense once you get used to it, both for fast riding and for distance riding, and they can do pretty much anything well. I'm in a lot less pain after a long ride now than I was on the Fazer. It's just the tank range that really sucks.

Ya poor bugga, 30 degrees woulda been torture! :LOL: Once piece leathers? <3

One of those situations where it's horrible putting yer lid back on after a petrol stop because it's covered in sweat. :|

I was in textiles and they were pretty sweaty. The colour makes a lot of difference I think, I had some red and white 2 piece leathers for a short time until the paramedics gave them the snip, they didn't seem to absorb nearly as much heat.

Went for a test ride the other week. This pig can pull tree stumps!

Niiiiiiiiiiice. It looks pretty brutal.
Yeah the one thing I don't like (and don't get) about the ZX6 is it feels really weedy. It's ridiculously, stupidly fast, but it doesn't really feel like it due to the lack of torque. I'm not sure how I can justifiably say a machine with a 3 second 0-60 time can seem slow, but it doesn't feel like the engine has any innate power, you have to really drag the power out of it to get it to move. I think the Fazer was actually quicker 0-30, unless you rev it up and slip the clutch.

That's an inline four for ya mate, not much on the low...up high is where the powerband lies. Find myself flicking through the box quite a bit when on twisty run...good fun! Do you find that the seating position on the ZX6 limits your range? I could go about 300km absolute max on the Blade, where as on the old XJ650 could go about 700km! Huge difference in seating positions, and fairings, the XJ650 you could actually sit into like an armchair :p

18 litre tank on the Ninja? What's your consumption like, if you're not going hard that is?

I read ya on textiles mate, got a few sets of textiles for commuting. Summer ended just last month, had days like 40 odd degrees! You don't want to stay in one spot too long at those temps mate, even in airmesh. It becomes a bloody sauna! On the track and club runs i go one piece leathers...i swear to christ one of these saves your life eh? Ever used one of these mate? You lose a shit load of moisture so quick, sets of traffic lights can bring unstuck pretty fast... that's where textiles shine though...excellent air flow.

camelbakhydrobak.jpg

I took it up the motorway and my helmet would ha

That's an inline four for ya mate, not much on the low...up high is where the powerband lies. Find myself flicking through the box quite a bit when on twisty run...good fun!

Aye it is. I just wish it had SOME power at low revs, it makes it a bitch to do my usual trick of overtaking a car that I've had to stop behind as it's moving off (where they narrow the road and put in a priority system so the traffic on one side has to stop, traffic calming bullshit).

It's not a big gripe though, I'm just nitpicking because there is very little fault to be found. I love the bike. And it has a lot of midrange too for a sports 6. Couldn't get on with an R6 with its nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, EVERYTHING power delivery.

Having said that, I might downgear it at some point. It's not like I'm ever going to use the 172mph top end.

Do you find that the seating position on the ZX6 limits your range? I could go about 300km absolute max on the Blade, where as on the old XJ650 could go about 700km! Huge difference in seating positions, and fairings, the XJ650 you could actually sit into like an armchair :p

Difficult to say, I've put nearly 3000 miles on it in the six weeks I've had it (the SIX previous owners put 10,000 on it in three and a half years...WTF is the point in even buying it at all?), but I haven't really done any long trips for pleasure yet. I've done a few 200 mile motorway journeys, one of those was the day after I got the bike and it was really quite unpleasant at times. I'd be in physical pain within five minutes of getting on the thing for the first week I had it, by the time I got off the motorway at the outskirts of London I was in agony. Last eight miles is city traffic which makes it worse, I was just thinking "****, ****, ****, come ON! need to get there FFS" the whole way...

After I adjusted to using all these muscles I hadn't used before though, I can ride for long periods with no real discomfort at all, except for my bad ankle if I've got toes on the pegs. In which case after an hour of motorway riding I have to dismount from the right because to put weight on the bad leg causes absolute agony. Then I walk bow-legged for a couple of minutes and I'm fine. I did go for a 120 mile ride on the local twisties a couple of weeks ago though and it was very comfortable.

In general, I find that I'm not left with the lasting fatigue after a long ride that I got with the Fazer - 200 mile motorway journeys knackered me on that too. Mainly through numb bum, which I don't get anymore. But also I think it's because sitting upright you get a lot more of the windblast and it's a lot noisier too (and colder and wetter). My head would often get physically whipped from side to side at 90 on the Fazer, and I couldn't hear the engine for the wind. On the Ninja I can cruise in comfort and serenity at 120 and I can always hear the engine, even though it's much quieter. It used to take a few hours for my hearing to recover after a long ride but it doesn't seem to be affected at all anymore.

I'm shooting off to Wales in about an hour though, for the long weekend...should get a fair few hundred miles in on the twisties so I shall let you know how I cope. :D

b4391ed01xt1.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

18 litre tank on the Ninja? What's your consumption like, if you're not going hard that is?

Hmm...when I first had it I was getting only 80 miles to reserve (29mpg I calculated) but I'm getting about 110 to reserve now typically, which isn't much worse than the Fazer. The old bike had a cavernous tank though, I could make it all the way from here to London (200 miles) without stopping.

I read ya on textiles mate, got a few sets of textiles for commuting. Summer ended just last month, had days like 40 odd degrees! You don't want to stay in one spot too long at those temps mate, even in airmesh. It becomes a bloody sauna! On the track and club runs i go one piece leathers...i swear to christ one of these saves your life eh? Ever used one of these mate? You lose a shit load of moisture so quick, sets of traffic lights can bring unstuck pretty fast... that's where textiles shine though...excellent air flow.

camelbakhydrobak.jpg

Yeah I'm familiar with those camelbaks, I would consider one for cycling but I don't see any point on a motorbike in this country. We have the opposite problem with climate...it's 15 degrees max temp at the moment and that's a pretty warm day. It's not likely to get much above 23C all summer here in the south west, as we're by the Atlantic.

I tell you something, it doesn't matter what you wear, up to and including a 65C heated vest, there's nothing you can do to stay warm on those long trips on a freezing winter's evening.

At least post photos of your cycles with yourselves in them omgomg topic derailment ;)

I want to get a bike, but as it stands now, it wouldn't be feasible. I'm still covered on my dad's health insurance, and he is covering my car insurance until I either A: buy a new car for myself (not likely) or B: graduate college. If I get a bike then he is yanking me off of both.

Got my hair cut (fairly) short recently - whatever it is, it's far better then having long hair, I tell you. Sick of that shit after 5 years. I say short, I don't mean the guy on the left or right. The guy to my rights skinhead is 'long' at the moment, according to him. :|

blackpool-1.jpg

Also: Blackpool is a dive.

You have a super distinct face though, like some celebrity I'm sure I'll think of at 2 am tonight.

Back