Did you pirate hl2?

• yes

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • no

Votes: 93 93.9%

• Total voters
um...what?

EDIT oh i see poll now

Hell no, why would I pirate a game thats this great?

valve is like a crazy girlfriend. you support them even though they treat you like shit sometimes, and treat you great other times. i love valve even though every time we go out for a date, they are late as hell

Wow, it's been a few days since I posted. I'm sure I was missed. ;) Anyway, a definate "No" for me. Hell, I preordered off Steam like four months before it came out.

cyberpitz said:
um...what?

EDIT oh i see poll now

Hell no, why would I pirate a game thats this great?

I didn't find it that great at all. IT ran like crap on my geforce 6800, and I spent a month trying to fix my crappy framerate and stuttering problem myself. I asked why here, and at server other forums, and I Would just get no replies, or be told to overclock..which I tried to. the game really dissapointed me :/

Pre-ordered off steam, Bronze version. From what I hear most of the pirates are now sulking over banned Steam accounts.

Pre-ordered off steam, Bronze version. From what I hear most of the pirates are now sulking over banned Steam accounts.

and so they should be.

edit: i mean they should be banned.not that they should necessarily be sulking :D

Sanius said:
I didn't find it that great at all. IT ran like crap on my geforce 6800, and I spent a month trying to fix my crappy framerate and stuttering problem myself. I asked why here, and at server other forums, and I Would just get no replies, or be told to overclock..which I tried to. the game really dissapointed me :/

Your 6800 didn't run it that well? Hmm. What are some of your other specs? I have a 6800 also (well, I DID overclock it to Ultra speeds), and I ran it like a dream at the highest settings. Of course, I never had the stuttering problems that a lot of other people had, either, which I am thankful for. Sucks that you got the stuttering problem though. But for me it was a great experience.

I am a proud owner of a pirated Hl2 game. I also have multiple servers around the globe hosting the pirated game. Because of me hundreds of people are able to download the game everyday.

Edit: don't take me seriously. :cool:

I am a proud owner of a pirated Hl2 game. I also have multiple servers around the globe hosting the pirated game. Because of me hundreds of people are able to download the game everyday.

and i think u should be ashamed.

Greatgat said:
Your 6800 didn't run it that well? Hmm. What are some of your other specs? I have a 6800 also (well, I DID overclock it to Ultra speeds), and I ran it like a dream at the highest settings. Of course, I never had the stuttering problems that a lot of other people had, either, which I am thankful for. Sucks that you got the stuttering problem though. But for me it was a great experience.

amd 2500+ not overclocked, 512 mb ddr ram.

I Spent a month trying to do the basic stuff needed. i even tried overclocking my card and my processer, I couldn't do either. and i'm not going to try again. go ahead, tell me to buy stuff I can't afford. I already spent $300 on a videocard, why not $300 on a new cpu!

Due to previous comments made by "15357", I've got to assume that he is the one pirate.

I didn't, have plenty of mates who have. I pirate most software I use, apart from the games I play seriously.

WySiWyG said:
I didn't, have plenty of mates who have. I pirate most software I use, apart from the games I play seriously.
Quoted For Truth

But they cant play it online.. Well not against me anyway, so I'm trying to make them buy it so I can kick their arse.

Buying software, games excluded, is like paying for mp3s. Stupid.

Unless your a big company. Home users have little to worry about.

what........ my freind told me...... i didnt know it was pirating even if you buy the cd..........

What If you need to dl the cracked copy to play at work because they have a proxy? *shrug*

PS Already own game :cheers:

Got mine from Steam and it was worth every penny. Support the good companies!

Sanius said:

I Spent a month trying to do the basic stuff needed. i even tried overclocking my card and my processer, I couldn't do either. and i'm not going to try again. go ahead, tell me to buy stuff I can't afford. I already spent $300 on a videocard, why not $300 on a new cpu!

I know you cant afford it but HL2 is also CPU dependant, some people have there stuttering problem fixied with 1 gig of ram aswell :p

I downloaded the leak to try and get my own hydra mod, but didnt get all the models due to my download cutting off

I own 8 pirated copies, all installed on my machine.
I have huge £10,000,000 servers at constant 100gb/s uploading the game to everyones computers
I have personally eaten all of Gabes sandwiches without him knowing I took them.
I have walked Gabes dog without him knowing.
I have also haxxored Gabes credit card so every month he gives me £100,000,000,000
---------

Anyway, seriously 3 people have the game pirated? I wonder if it still works for them, or have they already got the A.I. disabled bug?

Edit: Don't take me seriously either. :LOL:

nope. Whoever did should really go and buy the game.

I proudly went to the local Best Buy to purchase my copy of HL2.
I got the last GMan box. :p

Sanius said:

Strange.
I have the same setup.

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe MoBo.
AMD XP 2500+
512 DDR

and this worked absolutely fine-- with little or no-skipping at all -- on my:
64mb GeForce 420MX

then I upgraded it to:
256mb ATI Radeon 9800

and it runs like a dream with all features turned up, 4x AntiAlias, and 4x AnIso.

That's quite strange that you can't get the game to work.
I recommend a format of the computer, just to be sure you have NO spy/adware, newest drivers, and plenty of HD space.

Other than that I have no idea.

who ever those 3 who pirated were hope you were joking or clicked the wrong one or were gunna hunt you down

:sniper:

I have the legal copy of the game, but once the beta for CS: source came out i was playing the cracked version on my brothers computer (prior to me upgrading my graphics on this computer which had trouble running Tomb Raider 3) Shouldnt have done it, but i loved it so much at the time, now it just annoys me. I bought Bronze on steam tho, i honestly cba to wait 5 days to download a game, its easier to buy it, and give the developers the money.

An interesting thing tho, i have a mate at school who does the cracking games/ selling dvds thing, and even he BOUGHT the game. I guess either cos i go on about it or he just knew the security measures were too much for him. Or maybe he just respects Halflife for the name its got and decided it worth buying (which i honestly think is the answer) So he doesnt sell illegal copies or have one himself. Which i thought was a good story for the success of the anti-pirating to an extent. It deffinately detered some of them. :)

Nope, however if i had known about Steam i probably would have not paid for the game.

ultimate piracy prevention?

make the product worth the money people have to pay for it. £20 for a music album that i'll only rip to disk anyway so i can play it through iTunes? i don't think so:p

HL2 is an exception though, i gladly paid for it, despite the annoying steam thing i think it was worth £25:)

th3Phallex said:
I proudly went to the local Best Buy to purchase my copy of HL2.
I got the last GMan box. :p

Strange.
I have the same setup.

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe MoBo.
AMD XP 2500+
512 DDR

and this worked absolutely fine-- with little or no-skipping at all -- on my:
64mb GeForce 420MX

then I upgraded it to:
256mb ATI Radeon 9800

and it runs like a dream with all features turned up, 4x AntiAlias, and 4x AnIso.

That's quite strange that you can't get the game to work.
I recommend a format of the computer, just to be sure you have NO spy/adware, newest drivers, and plenty of HD space.

Other than that I have no idea.

I have the 67.66 drivers that were released awhile ago. I have 120 gigs of hdd space, and I reformatted two weeks ago.

Back