Pistol Packing Pastor plans to burn tower of korans in memory of 9/11

stick and stones No Limit

burning a piece of paper is diffenrt then lets say....gunning a guy down on his bike then stabbing him in the chest in broad daylight in the name of Islam.

What does some crazy christian bigot tell you about christianity? Simple question I have faith even you can answer.

Christians can be just as bigoted as any other group people.
The DIFFERENCE is that Muslims will act out on whatever offends them and people die because of it on a daily basis.

Christians can be just as bigoted as any other group people.
The DIFFERENCE is that Muslims will act out on whatever offends them and people die because of it on a daily basis.

I'll try one last time because I truly have faith. Come on buddy, smash a couple brain cells together. You can do it. Read the question carefully, don't overthink it. It's a very simple answer.

What does some random crazy christian bigot have to do with christianity as a whole?

Nothing, but that wont stop the Muslim savages from portraying all of us as evil. You think the people in the places they recruit from are as intelligent and knowledgeable about world news as we are?

Nothing, but that wont stop the Muslim savages from portraying all of us as evil. You think the people in the places they recruit from are as intelligent and knowledgeable about world news as we are?

So if some radical christians have nothing to do with christianity as a whole what do some radical muslims have to do with Islam as a whole?

That was one of the Christian Savages era. Oh and Muslims.

The majority of countries predominantly practicing Islam are stuck in the past when it comes to their ignorance and their religious laws and the violence that is spawned from it.

At least with the Christian religion, they've moved away from the crusades, they've moved away from the Inquisition, they've moved away from the witch burning. Christians as a whole have become rather docile, without it affecting global events quite like it has in the past. And that's all a good thing. I just hope that the same happens for Islam soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUEaMA4gRIk

Pretty much sums up my views.

Yeah, but America is supposed to be civilized and open minded. Not Nazi Germany.

Not necessarily. At least, not everywhere. I have mentioned a few times that some african american families have tried to settle over here where I live but over time they were threatened and chased out. People here may seem nice, but only if you're white and straight. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if that Pastor was practically worshiped here, since many believe that the War on Terror is another crusade.

At least with the Christian religion, they've moved away from the crusades, they've moved away from the Inquisition, they've moved away from the witch burning.

If you were to live here for awhile, you'd be surprised how many people still live in the past. A few days ago my brother convinced me to go to a bible study group with him, and the pastor there told us how Humans and Dinosaurs co-existed in the past together, because the bible suggests it. The T-rex didn't wipe out all of humanity because god willed it, and he willed the T-rex to eat vegetables (because death didn't exist until adam and eve were kicked out of the garden of eden, and vegetables don't count since they aren't alive in the eyes of god), the Earth was the first thing in the universe that was created, and how the earth is only several thousand years old. And the proof for this? Well, he didn't offer proof but he assured all of us that carbon dating was at least wrong and inaccurate. And thus, the words of god (whatever was written in the bible) must have been true. Suffice to say, I didn't bother returning. But oddly enough, that wasn't the first time the words of the bible was taken seriously enough as a fact book. When I was in High School (in the same racist backwards town I live in) both my math teacher and science teacher (Yes, my science teacher) also believed that the world was only a few thousand years old. In fact, my Science teacher didn't believe in the theory of evolution and felt that we were all descendants of Adam and Eve. When he taught us evolution (Begrudgingly), he kept pointing out that it was all just a theory. I was one of few that took Darwin's theory of evolution seriously, and one of my classmates shot back at me "I didn't come from no stinkin ape!"

Well, at least that crazy pastor called off the Koran burning. I can't believe that anyone was going to do something this dumb. Then again, maybe he wanted to purposely flare things up. No pun intended.

So if some radical christians have nothing to do with christianity as a whole what do some radical muslims have to do with Islam as a whole?

Glad you read my entire post. Did I say that radical Muslims represent Islam as a whole?

I did read you post. You originally said this:

And if Muslims start to kill innocent people because of some backwater bigot, what does that say about them?

Some idiots that happen to be muslim doesn't tell you anything about muslims as a whole. In the same way some idiots that happen to be christian doesn't tell you anything about christians as a whole.

Looks like he's planning on burning them after all.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/quran_burning

I'm all for freedom, but it doesn't stop from my stomach being formed into a knot. The funny thing is that a few years ago I considered switching to Islam. But a Muslim scholar, through E-Mail, reminded me that a person is defined by their deeds and their heart not by the religion they practice.

I did read you post. You originally said this:

Some idiots that happen to be muslim doesn't tell you anything about muslims as a whole.

Correct, but I think there are a helluva lot of more Muslim idiots today ready to carry out violent attacks if their religious leaders declare jihad than there are Christian nuts ready to do the same, and that Muslim savages have a larger pool of poorly educated recruits to indoctrinate than their Christian counterparts.

Correct, but I think there are a helluva lot of more Muslim idiots today ready to carry out violent attacks if their religious leaders declare jihad the west than there are Christian nuts ready to do the same, and that Muslim savages have a larger pool of poorly educated recruits to indoctrinate than their Christian counterparts.

And there's alot more Christian nuts that would go into the middle east and kill as many arabs and muslims as possible than it looks, but they're just too damn spineless to do it and want someone else to do it. One of our neighbors told my brother that if it wasn't for his 'back problem', then he'd join the military to kill those 'Rag heads'.

Not necessarily. At least, not everywhere. I have mentioned a few times that some african american families have tried to settle over here where I live but over time they were threatened and chased out. People here may seem nice, but only if you're white and straight. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if that Pastor was practically worshiped here, since many believe that the War on Terror is another crusade.

If you were to live here for awhile, you'd be surprised how many people still live in the past. A few days ago my brother convinced me to go to a bible study group with him, and the pastor there told us how Humans and Dinosaurs co-existed in the past together, because the bible suggests it. The T-rex didn't wipe out all of humanity because god willed it, and he willed the T-rex to eat vegetables (because death didn't exist until adam and eve were kicked out of the garden of eden, and vegetables don't count since they aren't alive in the eyes of god), the Earth was the first thing in the universe that was created, and how the earth is only several thousand years old. And the proof for this? Well, he didn't offer proof but he assured all of us that carbon dating was at least wrong and inaccurate. And thus, the words of god (whatever was written in the bible) must have been true. Suffice to say, I didn't bother returning. But oddly enough, that wasn't the first time the words of the bible was taken seriously enough as a fact book. When I was in High School (in the same racist backwards town I live in) both my math teacher and science teacher (Yes, my science teacher) also believed that the world was only a few thousand years old. In fact, my Science teacher didn't believe in the theory of evolution and felt that we were all descendants of Adam and Eve. When he taught us evolution (Begrudgingly), he kept pointing out that it was all just a theory. I was one of few that took Darwin's theory of evolution seriously, and one of my classmates shot back at me "I didn't come from no stinkin ape!"

Well, at least that crazy pastor called off the Koran burning. I can't believe that anyone was going to do something this dumb. Then again, maybe he wanted to purposely flare things up. No pun intended.

Well of course Christians are backwards and living int the past because of their religion, but that's not what I meant. These Islamic theocracies are stuck in the ****ing middle ages.

Muslim savages

breakingbads03e06hdtvxv.gif

Oh **** Krynn, I had forgotten all about that scene. Why'd you have to remind me :(

Oh **** Krynn, I had forgotten all about that scene. Why'd you have to remind me :(
Still sends shivers down my spine.

Woah, that fells sure looks pissed.

Well you would be too, if some idiot made an incredibly inflammatory and ignorant blanket statement calling Islamic religious leaders "Muslim savages," or if you found out that you were just duped into thinking your wife was seriously hurt in an accident by some punk kid you were about to arrest and now hes gotten away.

Guy is saying he might not do it now. Sounds like he's scared to get smoked by some crazy ass Muslim who thinks hes doing gods work.

Crazy ass Christian is saying he might not do what he thinks is his gods work now. Sounds like he's scared to get smoked by some crazy ass Muslim who thinks hes doing gods work.

Balanced and fixed it for you.

Christians burn books,Muslims burn people alive while they sleep.

Buddhists oppose murder, Christians kill doctors and fire-bomb abortion clinics.

...see how silly that sounds?

Buddhists oppose murder, Christians kill doctors and fire-bomb abortion clinics.

...see how silly that sounds?

Only a few disturbed individuals do that, Most christians do not support murder and arson as acceptable. Trust me, if Christianity was that messed up I doubt it would be the largest world religion.

Holy shit, even Palin thinks this is a dumb idea. Sarah ****ing Palin.

Only a few disturbed individuals do that, Most christians do not support murder and arson as acceptable.

thatshispoint.jpeg

The whole thing is just stupid. I mean ok the 9/11 attacks were catalysed by Islamic ideology but it wasn't directly to blame itself, it was a few nutters who took it and changed it into a weapon against the West, hijacked some planes and killed a lot of people. I really don't see what burning a bunch of them is going to achieve, other than contradict their Christian ideals, for instance Jesus always talked about tolerance and looking the other way etc.

And if Muslims start to kill innocent people because of some backwater bigot, what does that say about them?

funny how you label them as "muslims" and not "muslim extremists". the very act makes them an extremist.

Nothing, but that wont stop the Muslim savages from portraying all of us as evil.

...isnt that what many americans have been saying about muslims? lumping them into one group like you just did above?

Only a few disturbed individuals do that, Most christians do not support murder and arson as acceptable. Trust me, if Christianity was that messed up I doubt it would be the largest world religion.

If Islam is that messed up why is it the world's fastest growing religion?

Nothing, but that wont stop the Muslim savages from portraying all of us as evil.

And whats so wrong with that? Just ignore it - people get portrayed as evil all the time. The Israelis think the British are evil because of immigration limits to Palestine. The Palestinians think the British are evil because of not enough imigration limits to Palestine. The Iranians think the British are evil because of a variety of reasons, not limited to invading Iran in 1941 and knocking over thier government in '53. The French think the British are evil for a whole bunch of reasons. The Americans think the Brits are evil for having the gall to ask them to pay for thier own defence. Africa thinks the British are evil because of the whole colonialism & slavery thing (as well as convineintly forgetting that it was the British who unilaterally put an end to the slave trade. Eventually.). India & Pakistan think the British are evil because of the partition which resulted in more than 60 years of on-off warfare and nuclear stand-off. The Irish think the British are evil because of, again, a whole bunch of reasons.

Its not worth getting in a tizz about - just remember, most people who think like that are like Bob Mugabe or Solaris.

Maybe its because Americans have that whole "American exceptionalism" and "manifest destiny" thinking that conflicts with being portrayed as the bad guys but being percieved as evil ain't all that bad.

I have to remove this guy from my list. Its getting depressing seeing him getting stupider and stupider.

81521315.jpg

Krynn, do yourself a favor and get rid of him. You could try to reasonably argue with him, but it seems that Mike has already made up his mind.

LRA is just Africans killing Africans under a different banner.
Bosnian folk are Slavic folk and civil war more about ethnicity (and land) then religion.
it even says that in the first sentence that idiot twixx posted.

I cannot ****ing believe you guys are so dense and claim that Christianity is on the same level of backwardness and barbarity as Islam.
Cuz that's what Krynn andTwixx are doing.

LRA is just Africans killing Africans under a different banner.
Bosnian folk are Slavic folk and civil war more about ethnicity (and land) then religion.
it even says that in the first sentence that idiot twixx posted.

I cannot ****ing believe you guys are so dense and claim that Christianity is on the same level of backwardness and barbarity as Islam.
Cuz that's what Krynn andTwixx are doing.

Islam isn't backwards.. the middle east is backwards. If you interchanged Islam with Christianity in a similarly impoverished sandpit, the same shit would occur. Christianity just had the providence of developing in the west.

We're so successful because we separated church from state, yes. Though the Arabs made many scientific breakthroughs centuries ago.. I don't know what changed from then to now.

Back