Police chief of drug war infested mexican town seeks asylum in the USA

taviow

Tank
Reaction score
This is kind of a sequel to this thread. We were all wondering whether she'd survive. Well, she is alive and lasted about 5 months on the job.

But she was being threatened and had to escape.

When the cell phone rang, the words "private number" flashed on the screen. Marisol Valles Garcia knew who was calling. The threatening, mysterious voice on the other end of the line had hounded her for almost four months.

But this phone call had a starkly sinister tone. The man said something he'd never said before. He was coming to pick up the 21-year-old police chief at the station. "Some people" wanted to see her, he said.

The same day -- March 1 -- her mother spotted strange cars driving past the family's home. Valles Garcia knew it was only a matter of time before they closed in.

Well, she can't come in. We have to be tough on immigration.

Mexico is a greater security threat then any Islamic Terrorist.
but yeah legalizing weeds would semi fix the problem.

Hey Sulk I know your a really smart guy so I'm sure you know that America is Country with A LOT of legal immigration right?
We just want people to obey the damn law and get in line. Oh also I don't want SoCal to be Mexico 2.0

What was she thinking would happen when she took the job nobody wanted?

Pretty brave of her. She's done 5months and obviously done enough of a good job to make some enemies. The free world should offer her protection as an example of a heroic human being.

Apparently her strategy was not to get into any conflicts and working on improving the community and such. Clearly it didn't work.

I'm surprised she wasn't killed earlier. I posted in that thread that I didn't expect her to last very long.

I hope everything works out the best for her... such a horrific situation to be in.

I reckon 5 months as police chief there is a bloody good effort.

You laugh, but half the people who live here moved from elsewhere and then never wanted to go back. We're Britain's Hotel California.

Okay well shes not trying to go to Britain, shes obviously going to come here. Britains far too long a distance by floating door:p

You can't be too vigilant against immigration. We should not let our guard down for a second.

Back