Police throw flash grenade into crowd after crowd tries to help injured protester

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Footage from the Occupy Oakland protest, October 25th, 2011. After protesters ran to the aid of a badly-injured person, Oakland Police deliberately lobbed a flash grenade into the crowd.

That's terrible and everything but the end of that video was pretty hilarious.

That's terrible and everything but the end of that video was pretty hilarious.

Goddamn. This is really horrible, but that guy totally ruined the seriousness of this video for me.

"MADDACCCKKK! "

I say it's a good thing in a backwards kind of way. It'll only drive more people to support OWS and that's a good thing.

damn this is the worst video of OWS yet. and i see what you're saying raziaar, but still... goddamn.

shit, these comments sprouting up every couple seconds are making me feel sick

Its police brutality when cops use NON LETHAL weapons against people who refuse to leave? I don't think you know what police brutality? is, those cops should of been busting heads with batons weeks ago.

Calling for a medic at the end was indeed hilarious, but that was clearly a very serious head wound. Shooting at a canister directly at someone at such short distances is pretty ****ed up.

a refugee dies from a smoke canister launch that way in Generation Kill... brutal stuff :( sad

Idiots should have known better than to launch a half-kilogram can directly at someone.

That said, a flash grenade is marginally better than getting shot with a can.

Its probably not good to be near any policemen...ever

Just needed someone to be tazed and that video would have been perfect.

Meanwhile-in-Canada_206b3942ef57c923dda187517bda32f3.jpg

That doesn't say, "Don't go to the police if you were raped." It says, "Look, we all know the police are treating us like shit, ****THEPOLICE.AVI, but if you seriously were raped then do what you need to do".

In most police training scenarios these days, it's not a school shooter or a terrorist that they're after, it's always a war Vet. They're pretty much going to be the next 'Enemy of the US'. They 're mainly preparing for the backlash when they cut their pensions and benefits but yeah.

Back