Portal 2 Blue Screen @ GDC Awards

so, whats the real deal?....This:
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/03/gladbos.jpg
or this:
http://i41.tinypic.com/2rfablz.jpg
...Im kinda confused......what has been really shown on GDC?

Both are real. First it was a normal BSOD, then changed to the GLaDOS one.

The only fake image going around is the one that says something about Black Mesa:
woasdot.jpg

Not sure why people still think the first 2 aren't real. Even Kotaku quoted in their live coverage of the awards: "GladoS blue screen Press any key to flood the facility with deadly toxins"

Get it? Press any key, not press enter.

I hope you guys don't mind me saying this but, WHAT DOES IT MATTER IF IT IS FAKE OR NOT? WHO CARES! Its not like it reveals anything.

Both are real. First it was a normal BSOD, then changed to the GLaDOS one.

Not sure why people still think the first 2 aren't real. Even Kotaku quoted in their live coverage of the awards: "GladoS blue screen Press any key to flood the facility with deadly toxins"

Yeah, Kotaku is a pretty reliable source - oh wait, it isn't. Look, this whole ARG was designed by Portal 2 development team. This was confirmed by Jason Holtman from Valve. Why would they give a hint about EP3's release date anyway. They want to talk about their recently announced game: Portal 2, not EP3.

Keep dreaming.

Which is why the "suspended until E3" message makes sense. No new Portal 2 info until then.

Yeah, Kotaku is a pretty reliable source - oh wait, it isn't. Look, this whole ARG was designed by Portal 2 development team. This was confirmed by Jason Holtman from Valve. Why would they give a hint about EP3's release date anyway. They want to talk about their recently announced game: Portal 2, not EP3.

Keep dreaming.

It said suspend until EEE...as in Electronic Entertainment Expo. But I'm sure you'll somehow twist that together to form episode 3 (EEE>E3>EPISODE 3 OMG). I'm not going to argue this anymore though as I can see it's going nowhere, so I'll just let you keep dreaming :|

what? you were the one who posted that pic - it says hl2 2011 e3...

the damn picture never changed, ffs. stupids.

Yeah, Kotaku is a pretty reliable source - oh wait, it isn't.
I'm all for Kotaku bashing but at the moment, they seem a little more reliable than you. Unless you were there to witness the whole thing yourself, you're doing the same thing the rest of us are - making speculations from pictures that other people have taken.
what? you were the one who posted that pic - it says hl2 2011 e3...

the damn picture never changed, ffs. stupids.
No, he brought up that picture to say it was clearly a fake. Thanks for playing.

Just watched a video with gabe in it where he referenced the blue screen, he kind of indicated that it was a setup.

in one video on YT from GDC I heard some strange beeping (not sure if its in other videos)....do you think it could be another message?

Also, it's a Windows 95/98 BSOD. Chances of Gabe running that on his laptop?

So, maybe we should all get on the same page. Are the "normal" BSoD and the "GLaDOS" BSoD real? Very, very likely. Portal 2 is announced and all that jazz. Gabe's reaction was pointing in that direction too, yes? Not to mention the encoded "Suspend until E3."

There is no Episode 3 BSoD outside of the fake one, yes? So toss that one in the trash, and focus on the normal and GLaDOS ones. Those are the only ones we should discuss.

Back