Portal 2 Blue Screen @ GDC Awards

Uriel

Tank
Reaction score
LINKY

gladbos.jpg

"Valve played it cute at tonight's Game Developers Choice Awards, rigging up a fake Blue Screen Of Death during boss Gabe Newell's time on stage. Course, it wasn't just a BSOD. It also contained some cryptic Portal 2 marketing.

A poster over on Penny Arcade has cracked the code contained within the message (pictured above), a short statement from Valve (or GlaDOS!) buried beneath the jokes lying on the surface. Always pays to have someone able to translate hex to EBCDIC around at a time like this.

Their translation reads:

GLaDOS
A fatal exception (S) has occurred at (U)(S) : (P)(E)(N)(D) in (U)(N )(T)((I)) *
(L)(E)(E)(E). The current application will be terminated.
* Press any key to flood the facility with deadly neurotoxins.
* Press CTRL+ALT+DEL again to reinstate testing. You will lose any
Non-vital personnel and their progress through the current test.
Press any key to continue _"

Alright theyre just being too cute with this marketing, this kind of thing should only be used on new IPs. Even though Portal was awesome, you already know what youre going to get( even if they cryo-freeze her or whatever) this is kind of wasted

That picture is fake, son.

It's not, trust me. I just got back from school, I'll find the real one.

38yli.png

told you, it's fake - can't you guys read?

Yeah that secret was there in GDC confirmed, But who knows what it means hopefully somthing to do with EP3, Maybe portal 2 is leading up to the anticipation of EP3.

I'd laugh if it was a just a random joke made by Gabe, & the community just wants Episode Three so badly that we assume it's cryptic reference to E3. & right now Gabe's going "Oh shit, I got their hopes up again dammit!"

Seriously though I hope this is real.

it's quite ironic or perhaps clever that E3 can also mean Epi3 so either way we not gonna know until then lol! tbh i think they mean portal though, they mite just release more concept at E3 and say coming in 2011 to be honest. I can't see them over shadowing portal 2 release with half life and they only showcased l4d2 last year?

It didn't say E3. It said "EEE" which stands for Electronic Entertainment Expo. It doesn't in any way stand for "Episode 3"

"Suspend until EEE." That's an interesting piece of information. I guess there will be a lot of things revealed in the upcoming E3.

No, I just have more than two neurons to rub together, and don't have an enormous, logic-obscuring blind spot when it comes to OMG EPISODE THREE!!!!111ONEONEONE

No, I just have more than two neurons to rub together, and don't have an enormous, logic-obscuring blind spot when it comes to OMG EPISODE THREE!!!!111ONEONEONE

Sorry my master, I kneel before your superior intellect.

Yeah, it's E3. They wouldn't give such a vague notice, "Wait until Episode 3".
Also, EEE stands for Electronic Entertainment Expo...

Poor Barnz, nobody even read what you posted.

IT'S FAKE YOU IDIOTS

so, whats the real deal?....This:
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/03/gladbos.jpg
or this:
http://i41.tinypic.com/2rfablz.jpg
...Im kinda confused......what has been really shown on GDC?
There are reports saying that it originally showed up as a normal BSoD at first and then changed into the Glados one. Seems plausible and would explain why there are two conflicting images floating around.

Of course, this is all speculation and mere anecdotal evidence from SPUF (look where you guys made me go :hmph:), but personally, I wouldn't discount either image at the moment.

There are reports saying that it originally showed up as a normal BSoD at first and then changed into the Glados one. Seems plausible and would explain why there are two conflicting images floating around.

The video posted above pretty much confirms that both pictures are real. Just watch how Gabe reacts... massive troll. "Good luck figuring it out..."

The video posted above pretty much confirms that both pictures are real. Just watch how Gabe reacts... massive troll. "Good luck figuring it out..."

Valve won't debunk this so you better start being real pessimistic real ****ing soon unless you want to wait for a few months first

Back