Portal 2 Confirmed? + Rock Band Gets "Still Alive"

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
Portal 2 Confirmed? + Rock Band Gets "Still Alive"

Doug Lombardi, Valve's Director of Marketing, had previously stated that "more Portal is definitely on the way". However we weren't sure if he meant a new update or a sequel. Until now on tonight's episode of X-Play Kim Swift confirms Mr.Lombardi statement and announce the sequel to Portal.

"Well, I believe Doug Lombardi who is our lead marketing director at Valve, has announced Portal 2,"

You can watch the full interview on G4TV website. We are still waiting for a confirmation from Doug Lombardi, stay tuned.[br]
In other news Portal's credit song, Still Alive has been confirmed for Rock Band release. The news comes from Valve's GDC party, where Coulton took the stage to sing the song he wrote overtop of the GLaDOS vocals, according to Harmonix's Sean Baptiste.

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!

-K.A.

Also, that's awesome. I want Portal 2 naow.

nice! though I've already seen two other threads about this already.

Nah, this time it's Ice Cream, for the time incentive...

Man, the topic title was cut off and I thought Valve announced a new version of rock2 for TF2.

Shit.

Maybe she just spoke out of turn.

But, she could have slipped up on some important info right there!

Wow, every single website is reporting that it's going to happen. I hope they didn't make it a joke or something, that would be so GLaDOS-style. I keep my fingers crossed for multiplayer in this one :D

You know i remember reading a rumor coloumn in a PCGamer about a year after Half-Life 1 got released, saying Valve were working on a sequal involving gordon and a female sidekick in a mulder and scully style UFO investigation adventure...

Anyway its logical to expect more Portal at some point.

I knew this was coming but now that the confirmation is here. How the hell are they going to fit this into the Half-Life universe? Probably a prequel.

Just saw the video and wow, i think that was a slip.

Still Alive for Rock Band.

That is ****ing awesome.

Valve have said multiple times that there will be more portal. Why are people making such a huge deal out of this?

Nobody knew exactly what form more portal would take. Could have been MP, more maps, integrated into another game, etc. This is confirmation of the form, which is probably better than all of those I just mentioned.

I'd personally rather see a well integrated map expansion pack than a completely new game personally... but good news none the less.

Maybe she just spoke out of turn.

But, she could have slipped up on some important info right there!
I think this was probably her speaking a bit too loudly about something that was supposed to be a bit more hush-hush. It probably means they are investigating a new Portal, even perhaps in preliminary production, but that does not guarantee it will make it to release as a standalone game.

I'd imagine (speaking from a PR perspective) Doug is pretty annoyed that news was prematurely leaked on this. But it's an easy enough mistake to make, especially if it's your baby and you're hyped for it.

Back