Portal 2 Officially Announced

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
p2.jpg
[br]
It's official and what most people were expecting, Valve have announced Portal 2 for shipment this coming holiday season. Steam News.[br]The news underlines several words which spell out - drattmannh0nee, which seems to be a new username and password for the BBS which was previously used to find new ASCII art.[br]Update:

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Also:
ruined it by putting it in the OP :(

Awesome!
When is the "next holiday season"? Easter?

****ING **** **** ****ERY **** ****

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I am too old and tired to be excited :(
I'll just wait till you people post new shit u found

EDIT:
just saw scotland1's comment with the pic
HOLY SHIT!!@#?
%$?@#!#@!$?%$^#?%^#$:>%$#:#$%^Kinhtyhdgiwert=0jke$

It's funny, the day before they released the first update, I thought to myself, "it'd be awesome if they announced Ep 3/Portal 2 for my birthday..."
I guess this really
*puts on sunglasses*
takes the cake
YEAAAAHHHH

The magazine says it's a standalone game. What length could we expect? 17-18 hours like HL2?

**** ME! this is fantastic!

:D

:)

:|

:frown:

:angry:

I WANT EPISODE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm calling it now. G-Man hires Chell after events of Portal 2.

Crispy`>: To let you know what happened.
Crispy`>: The drattman/h0nee login
Crispy`>: it gave us a .APF file
Crispy`>: which is a fake filetype
Crispy`>: it was made by Doug Rattman
Crispy`>: of Aperture Science
Crispy`>: when we logging into the backup/backup account
Crispy`>: it gave us a BASIC program
Crispy`>: which would run the .APF file
Crispy`>: and from there I assume that's how Genesys got that image
CFSworks>: .APF + .AMF actually
CFSworks>: They come in pairs.
Crispy`>: Enjoy, and grats Genesys
Crispy`>: Yeah, what CFS said.
That's where we are up to. - new image http://bayimg.com/OaLeHAacA

With regard to Portal 2's story, check out this link - http://kotaku.com/5486657/an-insiders-guide-to-portal-2

Anyone know what's on the next page?

http://booto.bur.st/portal/coop.jpg ?

Also highly unlikely that Portal 2 will be a prequel now. Seeing as how they retconned the end of Portal 1. Unless time travel portals are involved. Let's wrap our minds around those kinds of puzzles for a moment.

Re. drattmannh0nee

Cave's ramblings mention beekeeping in his office and winning a honey competition.

What's really odd about the Gameinformer cover is, how could you encounter that situation during actual gameplay? As I've said in past posts, you fire the destination portal, then your origin portal, then you jump in the latter and come out the former. The only way to teleport from one room to another (or from inside a building to the outside as appears to be the case on the cover) would be to first go outside, fire a portal, then go back inside and fire a portal, then jump through and end up back outside again.

Thus, for this cover shot to be of actual in-game footage somebody or something other than the player would have had to fire one of those portals -- or there's a door nearby that leads in and out of the building.

The really odd thing, as mentioned by another poster, is that these portals are of different colors yet they appear to be shot into the same place on the same wall but at different times with different destinations. Note the wall panels and textures, especially at bottom-left.

Am I insane, or am I thinking with Portals?

Back