Portal Quotes. *Spoilers Within*

Sloth

Tank
Reaction score
Post away... What made you laugh or made you shudder.

"A fun fact; With the addition of this feature, the device now is worth more than all the people and organs in [subject hometown here]"

"Theres no point crying over every mistake.
you have to keep on trying untill you run out of cake."

I forget most of what she says at the end

when she starts picking on you and telling you your friends hate you

kinda funny

*stewie voice* BLAST! Beaten to it!

The 5th or so time i laughed out loud was good, but these ones made me stop playing as i was laughing quite hard:

'..In leyman's terms, speedy things goes in, speedy thing comes out'

'Weeeeeeeeee *bzzz*'

'...Thank you for helping us help you help us all'

And all the little cheeky stuff she says about the 'this one is uncompletable', its all so...original and fresh.

i burst out loud laughing at the android speach, i cant even remember what was said now.

I don't remember the exact words but...

"Remember that time we tried to kill you by putting you in fire and you were like NO WAY? That was great."

"when this is all over you will be baked and afterwords there will be cake"

"And remember, Aperture Science's take-your-daughter-to-work day is the perfect time to have your daughter tested."

"Remember that time we tried to kill you by putting you in fire and you were like NO WAY? That was great."

I actually died on purpose a couple times so I could hear that line again.

Basically everything she said, but particularly her end stuff - a mixture of chilling and hilarious how mad she was.

"Unlikeable. Liked by no one. Very cold and official."

And of course:
"We assure you that Android Hell is a real place and you will be sent there upon the slightest sign of deviance."

I don't remember the exact quote but it was great when she said "I was all like: I'm going to burn you alive.
And you were all like... NOOOOOOO WAAAAAAY"

Omg, just remembered the best thing:

GLADOS: I have your brain kept on a backup disk in case something terrible happens.
ME: D:
ME: BLART. Ha ha. That's you. That's how stupid you sound.

EDIT: Also, "You're adopted. So that's funny."

Genius Writing. Some of the best of all time!

"That thing you burned up isn't important to me. It's the fluid catalytic cracking unit. It made shoes for orphans."

I don't remember the exact words but...

Definately my fave line...I actually stopped and was just laughing for a minute or two after that...

haha, i remember it saying something like

"Turn around and go back, there is cake, and all your friends will be there"

and i briefly remember something along the lines of this "some day we'll both remember this and say HA HA HA HA HA that was great"

Brilliant writing! Marc Laidlaw has anything to do with it?

"You are not a good person you know. Good people do not end up here"

OMG I had like 30 seconds left but I wanted to listen to more. Then my body turned up dead on the surface or something D:

"You euthanized your weighted companion cube more quickly than any other test subject on record. Congratulations."

I thought almost every line in the game, especially towards the end, was LOL funny. Everything the turrets said was "cute," which was great considering that they're trying to kill you. The little modules at the end were funny too, especially the talky one..."What's wrong with your legs? Is something burning?"

-Kato

"That was my morality core that they installed when I flooded the building with poisonous gas, to keep me from flooding the building with poisonous gas."

i burst out loud laughing at the android speach, i cant even remember what was said now.
It was about that android hell was a real place and that you would go there at the first sign of rebellion. I really laughed out loud there :)

"Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'goodbye', and you were like 'no way'? And then I was all 'we pretended we were going to murder you'. That was great."

"That was my morality core that they installed when I flooded the building with poisonous gas, to keep me from flooding the building with poisonous gas."
My personal fav (and the line after it). :D

It's impressive how they've made a deranged female computer villian, yet not stepped on System Shock's toes at all (Or Minerva for that matter...). A lesser company would have just had a SHODAN Mk II in there.

I'm more of the opinion that the computer is more of a female version of the HAL 9000.

Jeep Barnett said:
Hi Philip! Glad you enjoyed Portal. I was just about to send out an email to the team declaring that we?d managed to dodge the inevitable comparisons to 2001, but I guess you caught us.

Yeah GLaDos definatly beats Shodan for meglomanicial super computer. Shodan was just a bitch but GLados is hilarious.

"Please place the Weighted Storage Cube on the Fifteen Hundred Megawatt Aperture Science Heavy Duty Super-Colliding Super Button"

:D:D

It was something like..

"This is the weighted companion cube. It will acompany you for the remainder of the test."

"The weighted companion cube will not threten to stab you and, infact, cannot speak."

"If the weighted companion cube dose speak to you, please disregard it's advice."

"Congradulations on completeing the test, but the weighted companion cube can no longer accompany you and therefor must be euthanized"

Favorite had to be the "NO WAY" one. But what were the eyes saying during the final battle?

One was reciting a cooking recipe or something.

Back