Possible episode3 reveal?

Gr3mlin

Reaction score
ok, so for this issue of Gameinformer that i just got in the mail, i found a very tantilizing picture. about in the middle of the issue, there was a picture of a wrecked cargo ship being pounded by waves. in the middle it stated, "A survivor is born". now this could be any new game but the odd bit of this is that in the bottom right hand corner it states that the next issue cover reveal is December 6th. i've been subscribing to gameinformer for many years and never before have they hinted at their next magazine like this. i've just finished all of the half life games and i have an odd feeling that this is a picture of the Borealis. Could Valve finally be revealing episode 3!? i'm no expert but anyone else who has seen this picture could help verify if im just hoping for the best or if this truely is episode 3.

Does it look like a Half-Life/Source engine game?

It's almost certain Valve won't say a thing about Episode 3 until Portal 2 comes out. Probably some other game with a cargo ship. Don't know anything about tomb raider myself but that sounds a likely candidate.

I figured it out, it's a new Facebook game: Cargo Ship-ville

EDIT: Huhm, that sounded funnier in my head. :/

My heart kinda jumped out of place when I've seen the thread title.
About the ship... I don't know. Valve usually announces game through GameInformer from what I know (DoTA2, for example) but I might be wrong.
Anyway, I hope Ep.3 will come soon but until that I'll just wait for Portal 2.

edit: This is my first post. I've been watching the forum for quite a while.

edit2: Could you perhaps take a picture and post it here?

What sucks, Gothic, is that I've become desensitized to threads like these, since I've seen many and they've all been false.

Scans are against the rules.. but I don't know if that applies to one picture that isn't even in an article.

Nah doesn't look like it'll be Half-Life at all to me.

Don't see anything Half-Life related in the picture. It's unlikely Valve would want to hype Episode Three before they had Portal 2 and Dota 2 out the door. Dividing the hype can be bad for marketing and the way the internet is about Episode Three right now (is this just a meme or do people actually want Episode Three that badly? I suspect the former) then it might totally overshadow the release of Dota 2, which would be a bad thing for Valve.

I have a feeling that there may be something like a episode 3 trailer at the end of portal 2, as in epsiode 2's reveal.

I don't give two goddamn shits about DOTA, I just want my episode 3.

IMO, the color scheme is all wrong for a new Half-Life game -- the few morsels of concept art we've seen from Episode Three so far have been in bluish-green-gray tones, and that image has way too much orange in it. Not to mention that I'm sure they'd at least have the name of the ship partially visible on it or something. Also, isn't the Borealis right up against an iceberg?

My money's on an Episode Three announcement/trailer after Portal 2.

IMO, the color scheme is all wrong for a new Half-Life game -- the few morsels of concept art we've seen from Episode Three so far have been in bluish-green-gray tones, and that image has way too much orange in it. Not to mention that I'm sure they'd at least have the name of the ship partially visible on it or something. Also, isn't the Borealis right up against an iceberg?

It's partially IN an iceberg. Thread title needs to be changed, or thread deletion. This gets people's hopes up and dashes them.

I've searched a little bit an it seems to be some kind of game, like an expansion to World of Warcraft or something.

In the Game Informer, latest edition, there is a page with a bio/back story of Alyx Vance.
Maybe........

You know it's been six years since Half-Life 2? That's just as long as the wait between HL1 and HL2. I think we should go ahead and call the episodic content experiment a fail. It's been three years since Episode Two. I don't think Episode Three can cut it at this point; it'd be underwhelming no matter what because of its length. We need a full game.

Yeah, it's kind of boring waiting, so I gave that up. The first couple of years I expected some word of episode 3 whenever some game convention was happening, but now they pass without me caring that much. I guess it'll be mentioned here and there whenever they remember they have a game the entire internet is waiting for :) .

Still, I had the tiniest of hopes seeing this thread.

Maybe they have been making it all along, and when they reveal it will be groundbreaking.

Back