Post a screenshot!

GTX470 and hardcore or if patched, extreme. Runs far better than Crysis, but so it should.

Yeah, im waiting on the dx11 patch aswell.

Testing artillery fire in Arma 2 ACE mod, firing DPICM (cluster) shells.

Acbon.jpg

The game itself feels completely on rails compared to the first game where you could run wherever.

Man, that's very disappointing. One of the best parts of the Far Cry 1 and Crysis SP campaigns was the ability to complete objectives from whatever angle and method you chose. It was liberating once I realized it was presented to the player that way, being so used to the railsy nature of FPS single-player in general. Then again, that would probably be much harder to make it worthwhile in an urban environment. What were they gonna do--model the interiors of hundreds of nonessential office buildings in an extra-wide corridor of mission space? Surely the cost-to-benefit ratio is too high and they should leave that kind of stuff for the jungle. But it still sucks.

Looks fantastic - how's the frame rate in MP? Hell, how's the MP altogether in the full version?

as an aside: is your ram ddr3?

Looks fantastic - how's the frame rate in MP? Hell, how's the MP altogether in the full version?

as an aside: is your ram ddr3?

DDR2 I think, not sure though. Multiplayer is a mess at the minute, at least for me. Not being able to get into games, frequent disconnects, CDKey having to be re-input every time the game is loaded, stats loss etc. When it does get me into a game multiplayer is fluid and runs at around 40-50 fps with everything on "Extreme" settings. The gameplay is much the same as the demo but I've not played much, been to busy playing the single player and TBH I doubt I'll invest much time at all in multi unless Crytek sort it out.

Testing out these new Microlight flying things that someone made for Arma II. AI pilots.

They didn't seem to like the trees over here.

Next I tried getting them all to land. They got all organized and came in 2 lines.

Starting to merge... That can't be good.

Well some got bumped around but everything seems fine.

Oh shit.

Yeah that's a body flying on the left there.

Then they got mad at me.

I ded

Heh. The editor has always been one of the best parts about the OFP/Arma series. I've spent just as many hours in it as I have playing with bros.

A-10 assault on a couple of tanks and a Zishka. Never gets old.

uPoXs.jpg

oG6hW.jpg

What also never gets old is Just Cause 2.

CmElV.jpg

Heh. The editor has always been one of the best parts about the OFP/Arma series. I've spent just as many hours in it as I have playing with bros.

Yeah, and BIS actually included the mission editor(though simplified) in the XB1 version, you could place objects, NPCs, give them waypoints and orders etc, I've yet to find another console game that shipped with such a deep mission editor.

I guess the closest I can think of were the map editor in one of the TimeSplitters titles which I seem to recall letting you do very basic single-player missions.

Come on now, isn't the minecraft screenshots thread enough? Don't make duplicate posts.

-backseat moderator

Relaxation in Company of Heroes: playing against normal AI on Lyon and blow shit up.

1. Secure the bridge in the middle

2. Blow up the bridge on the right

3. Turtle moar in the middle

4. Blow up the bridge on the left

5. Move up to the fuel point just across the canal

6. Build some Nebelwerfers to really get the party started

7. Profit!

8. Start building tanks

9. Repel the hordes of Rangers the AI sends over

10. Kill it with [strike]fire[/strike] Nebels!

11. Move into enemy base and FINISH HIM! Check out the V1 on the left, just about to hit the HQ

Could you blow up those bridges in the campaign version of that map? I always defended them, never though to try to actually destroy them.

You can destroy the modelled bridges (i.e. the ones you can see water under) but the bigger ones were terrain.

Chex Quest - One of the original authors polished up the original two, and included #3 in a new package that will run on modern computers without farting around with Doom mods, compatibility, etc. Still super fun.

OqcGu.jpg

Score graph from a long game of Rise of Nations with 7 tough computer opponents.

The map size was set to Arena (the smallest size) and it consisted of two large islands. The first half hour of the game was pretty tough, taking and losing cities, but eventually I surged ahead. The game was basically over after the 1 hour mark. One nation left with 2 cities, I decided to show mercy. I built a line of towers around his borders, and just worked on upgrading all my tech to the max. After a while, at the 2:30 mark, I decided to leave his island and raze all my cities on it. He slowly recovered and took back the island, advancing his tech and building his cities.

Then after he became enough of a nuisance with bombers and ships, I just spammed units and took his shit.

Oh God, RoN is the shit.
I never got around to getting Thrones & Patriots though.

I do have Rise of Legends but it really isn't anything compared to RoN.

Chex Quest - One of the original authors polished up the original two, and included #3 in a new package that will run on modern computers without farting around with Doom mods, compatibility, etc. Still super fun.
I remember getting that CD in my cereal box way back in the day. Oh god, I was so excited.....

/memories

The ****, a Chex doom game? Why was I not informed? And what the hell do booger people from another dimension have to do with eating healthy?

Seeing this on sale on Steam reminded me I wanted to play it again. Still looks pretty good in places.

Aliens Vs Predator:

avpdx112010071519471959.jpg

avpdx112011040722442063.jpg

avpdx112011040722343859.jpg

avpdx112010080109040230.jpg

God, that game is so so awful.
Seeing screenshots of it just make me want to reinstall AVP:Gold or AVP2.

God, that game is so so awful.
Seeing screenshots of it just make me want to reinstall AVP:Gold or AVP2.

Prefer it to AvP2, hated that game. AvP Gold will always be the best though.

I... uh... I... what?

You heard. AvP 2 was a comic book game filled with bad Alien AI that didn't even wall crawl. So There.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x19LPn4ODq0&feature=related

On the rare occasions when they do attack from somewhere other than a straight line there's only half a chance it'll work the way it's supposed to.

Not to mention the non-existent Predator AI which is as bad as Gold edition.

I hated when I played it on release and still don't like it now. The only good thing it added to the AvP games was a story.

The story is really why I loved it.
That and the scripted sequences were really well done and managed to make me jump several times.

But, I mostly played it for the phenomenal multiplayer.

But, I mostly played it for the phenomenal multiplayer.

After AvP 1999 was the game that introduced me to PC gaming, much less Multiplayer gaming the sequel's multi just left a sour taste in my mouth. I rarely dabble in multiplayer now. Played a lot of L4D (1/2) but it's been a while since I played that and I have a few hours logged in the most recent AvP game which is great fun in the right game modes (and now the DLC has been on sale there are much more maps to play with online as well as people populated servers). I just prefer to play a good campaign rather than multiplayer these days. Getting too old to be playing twitch multiplayer games. :(

Back