Post a screenshot!

^I can agree with that.

But not unfocused - MORROWIND IS MORE COLORFUL THAN SKYRIM GOD DAMMIT.

a8TrJ.jpg

YOUR LOVE FOR MORROWIND DOESN'T ALLOW YOU TO THINK OBJECTIVELY.

"Morrowind" and "colourful" in one sentence looks wrong!

Morrowind has so many colours that only Kevin Spacey in K-Pax can perceive them all.

Yeah, I think this is one of those cases where a limited color pallet doesn't really mean something negative. Skyrim is supposed to feel cold so colors are clamped and theres an overtone of blue and grey. Morrowind is supposed to feel earthy and wet. They're not brown or grey just because hurr durr looks cool, but because its conveying the atmosphere of the locale. I've had no qualms with the color pallets of any Elder Scrolls game.

Personally I don't like it at all. Desaturating and shifting all the colors to the same kind of tone to "convey the atmosphere of the locale" is a stupid design decision. And I don't mean just in games, I hate the monochrome color filters used in films as well.

It makes a scene look so unnatural.

Eg: You're on a snowy mountain top, and all the colors are desaturated and shifted to blue. You're bright red backpack is now blue. Herp de derp derp.

Arma 2 zombie game mode

vegeta driving me and BadHat out of a field full of zombies
xNegC.png

TNqe4.png

The zombie game mode is incredibly awesome. Anyone who wants a fully dynamic and sandbox-like zombie survival game in a huge map where you have to search for vehicles and weapons and stick together to survive should play with us.

Unrelated:

8qCiP.jpg

m7HXH.jpg

More TOR screens. TOR players - do not click if you don't want to see the Saarlac.

Crossing the Dune Sea
74LKK.jpg

The Pit
v5Hus.jpg

Pushing a Gamorrean in
9z8Cf.jpg

Guess it's not hungry...
omyER.jpg

Wow those zombie screens look incredible. Tempted to buy the game solely to play that.

It's a very intense experience, especially when we all spawned in different towns and had to fight our way to a rendezvous point.

When it comes to Morrowind, I consider it much more varied in terms of colour than Skyrim. If one stops playing at Seyda Neen, then sure, it's brown as ****. But Vvardenfell is much more than that. The Ashlands, Azura's Coast, holdings of individual Houses, Vivec etc. have very varied colouring. And with Bloodmon and Tribunal it's even bigger.

I never felt that Riften had a substantially different colour palette than eg. Markarth or Solitude in Skyrim. Meanwhile, there is a distinct difference between eg. Ebonheart and Tel Vos in Morrowind.

They... they took the Sarlacc's beak away!

I nearly squealed, that was a retarded addition by Lucas in the special editions.

When it comes to Morrowind, I consider it much more varied in terms of colour than Skyrim. If one stops playing at Seyda Neen, then sure, it's brown as ****. But Vvardenfell is much more than that. The Ashlands, Azura's Coast, holdings of individual Houses, Vivec etc. have very varied colouring. And with Bloodmon and Tribunal it's even bigger.

I never felt that Riften had a substantially different colour palette than eg. Markarth or Solitude in Skyrim. Meanwhile, there is a distinct difference between eg. Ebonheart and Tel Vos in Morrowind.
mah_nigga-%28n1310692687557%29.png

A quick solo zombie game I had

Driving in an SUV I found
ntbcX.png

Maybe I should stay out of this town...
lJUPA.png

Screw it!
FvmOm.png

SUV got stuck behind a damn rock
kQgRY.png

Oh God
bRbAy.jpg

OH GOD
DSmWS.jpg

It's quite tense, but a little aimless at the moment. That'll probably improve once the author gets objectives working. :p

Playing at night and adding more zombies seems to make it more interesting as it is a lot harder/ more hectic.

More Zombies with some other .netters.

Is2Dj.png

IVelz.jpg

XGpvV.jpg

9I692.jpg

cMbeH.jpg

aaand on a normal mission

FErtx.jpg

We played that zombie mission on Chernarus for like 3 hours straight. It really was a lot of fun searching for vehicles and weapons, and convoying to new locations together. Lots of exciting moments, and funny ones too.

What are the latest system requirements for mods like this?

For medium settings and an fps above 30.

The mission doesn't really have any impact on FPS. Actually, you'll likely perform better than a normal mission since the view distance is greatly reduced.

That looks insanely fun. When does the free version get zombies?

It's out for the free version, but it wasn't built for it and there may be some issues. (There's still some bugs with the missions as it is, but they sort of work)

Development continues with bug fixes and more features on the way.

Our first time playing dynamic open world non linear zombies with an objective. (get to the helicopter and escape)

Starting at 6:00PM
4RBje.jpg

Heading to a nearby town
svDKb.jpg

When you see it...
aCWjT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aCWjT.jpg - link for full size

cJFZM.jpg

Being chased out of town
Utghe.jpg

Getting out in the helicopter
fS704.png

Back of the convoy with Morgs and Badhat driving ahead

qZqkH.jpg

Is it particularly challenging? Are the zombies intelligent and fast?

They're quick, but not really intelligent. The challenge comes from how you have very little ammo, and no way to defend yourself once you're out of bullets.

The zombies are quite good at keeping up with you, unless you do some clever maneuvering around tight spots like fences and through buildings, and even then you'll only gain 5 or 10 meters on them. I've never been able to totally lose a zombie who was chasing me.

Like Krynn said, it's not about killing zombies, it's about surviving. We only ever kill zombies when we have to.

That said, the zombies aren't particularly easy to kill all the time. If you've got anything less powerful than a rifle, they're going to take a good number of shots to put down. On top of this, their unpredictable movement makes them hard to hit, and stopping to turn around to aim and shoot at a group of zombies who are on your heels is very tough to do without taking a hit or two.

I was never really impressed with dead island. I didnt like the visuals, and the gameplay just didnt click with me.

Overall, Im glad that my friend bought it instead of me.

Is that from the new DLC?

If so, is it worth getting?

Yeah it's from Ryder White's Campaign. The whole DLC is a completely linear single player only affair, with other routes that would have been available during Dead Island conveniently barricaded off. There is no levelling at all and most of the DLC is dependant on firearms. That and there are no new locations. There are some interesting plot twists that should have been in the actual game so it's good to play if you have an interest in DI's story. It's only about 2-3 hours long as as well so really isn't worth the current price of £8. If you're interested I'd wait for a sale.

Still keep forgetting to take screenshots. Here's Viper trying to tip us off to his location. Hint, hint!

JIJ5J.jpg

Ok that's it! What game is this and what mod do I have to download!?

Arma 2: Combined Ops (Arma 2 + Operation Arrowhead).

The mod is just a little file you put in your missions folder.

Back