Post a screenshot!

Remus said:
It's Raven, what do you expect?
Elite_Force_screenshot.jpg

Good old Raven. It was my favorite company in the 90s. Hexen, Heretic, Take no Prisoners, and Soldier of Fortune. Is Elite Force 1 worth playing? I only played the second game by Ritual, and it was awesome.

It's been a long time since I've played Elite Force 1, but from what I remember if you liked the second one you would probably enjoy the first one too.

I loved Elite Force. I only ever played the demo from Elite Force 2 and I didn't quite enjoy it as much. The weapons in the first felt much better to me.

It's a decent game. And the ways in which you can maim and kill Nazis are quite varied and, not to mention, FUN. I particularly like cutting their jugulars and watch them slowly collapse to the ground as they try to keep pressure on them to not die. Or the high power Mauser blowing off their limbs or popping heads (pictured above).

Is that game playable decently these days? It has always looked really fun to me but since everyone said the bugs ruined it I never bought it.

I don't remember econtering any bugs. However in my opinion it's an overall inferior game compared to RTCW.

My favorite part of Wolfenstein was the way you could shoot them in the throat and a jet of blood would spray out and you could hear them gurgling. Raven does gore well. See: Wolverine.

good ol' raven. it was my fav company in 90s. hexen, heretic, take no prisoners, and soldier of fortune.
is elite force 1 worth playing? I only played the second game by ritual, and it was awesome.
**** yeah, Soldier of Fortune, I played that so much on the Dreamcast.

Is that game playable decently these days? It has always looked really fun to me but since everyone said the bugs ruined it I never bought it.

I guess so. Haven't really encountered any bugs so far, save for the one or two physics glitches (killing an SS-Mann in a doorway in the research center caused him to bug out and spin in the doorway, with the Stg 44 stuck in the doorframe.

This is nothing compared to Half-Life 2 when after destroying the Hunter Chopper I raided the Metrocop base near the dam. After shooting one of the enemies he glitched out, started trashing about and crept over the building creepy like, only to disappear behind it. That was the single most disturbing look in the entire game.

Syndicate!
50f5r.jpg

What a lovely port, using keyboard and mouse but it tells me to push LB and Right Stick? Thanks EA and Starbreeze.
WDn9C.jpg

Let's press RB, wait, I can't find any key that says RB on my keyboard, ****!
OOS1r.jpg

I am pressing X on my keyboard, Y IT NO WORK!?
n3RUY.jpg

EDIT: Okay, so ****ing about some more I found out that by unplugging my Microsoft Wireless Gaming Receiver from my PC it told me what keyboard commands to press instead, derp.

^ Good god, that's terrible. Probably ported by slave-driven contractors on a 3-month budget.

^ Good god, that's terrible. Probably ported by slave-driven contractors on a 3-month budget.
I fixed it by unplugging my Microsoft Wireless Gaming Receiver, now it gives me keyboard/mouse prompts instead.

But still, sorta shitty coding given that I had no controller assigned to the wireless receiver.

They probably just coded it to detect when you had the background program for the controller running, which I believe it is whenever it's plugged in. More effort than some would have gone to. :p

Moar screens, this time from co-op which I am now having an excellent time in (ignoring the weird latency issues I get from time to time.)

XqeHZh.jpg

rANwMh.jpg

s7IF8h.jpg

Also, I know I take the most boring screenshots, I am going to try to become better at capturing the actual action!:X

They dont show for me D:

Also if Deus ex HR was orange, this game is most certainly blue.

Also if Deus ex HR was orange, this game is most certainly blue.

Deus Ex HR was orange/bronze because they were trying to mimic the look of renaissance paintings.

From what I've seen so far of this game it bothers me that they copied the excessive use of bright light and bloom from Mirror's Edge. If they dumped the bloom it would be better. Garg, is there at least an option to turn off bloom in the video settings?

Honest question: do the obvious repeat buyers of the new releases who post here actually play the game for more than an hour or so? I get buyers remorse very, very quickly.

Answer my question you snootyroot--do you ever play your massive library of B 6/10 7/10 games?

I love you, by the way... BITCH

are the puzzles annoying enough to actually delay gameplay? because the gunplay looks deliciously fun and violent.

but I'm botcotting EA. At least Acti didn't remove it's products from ****ing Steam.

are the puzzles annoying enough to actually delay gameplay? because the gunplay looks deliciously fun and violent.

but I'm botcotting EA. At least Acti didn't remove it's products from ****ing Steam.

I haven't even played SP further than the screens I posted yesterday.

The co-op is just so ****ing addictive.

Wait what, puzzles? There are no puzzles. Basically holding button to unlock doors or shift certain things around. Also I was wrong. There's that one dumb Skrillex song during a boss fight, but that's it as far as dubstep in the game. I'm at chapter 10 also.

Deus Ex HR was orange/bronze because they were trying to mimic the look of renaissance paintings.
It's overdone though and makes the pallet dull. Someone did make a mod to remove it though. Thank god for
ca4om.jpg

almost spat tea out at this

yeah they did a great job :LOL:

Hey don't shoot the messenger. That's what they said. I also think excessive use of color filters is ridiculous.

oh no no i'm not, i'm laughing at their intention.

fallout 3 - green
deus ex 3 - yellow
all other games - brown

conclusion: it should be illegal to use color correction in video games.

BF3 didn't look extra blue to me it was just really desaturated.(from my beta experience)

Those Syndicate screens look really pretty.

It's a Half-Life mod called Cry of Fear.

Back