Post a screenshot!

OpenTTD.PNG

Never mind the ugly side line, I didn't build that.

a badass picture that is more badass than badass should be

938611_20081104_screen010.jpg

Wow, they did a pretty good job on that M16A2...cept for the handguards...and the 35rd capacity

ScreenShot0000.jpg

Oh no, did a game portray a weapon inaccurately? A VALVE game?!
Kimpossible!

The uploading process for gears 2 is pretty simple. Just testing it out. A little bit of horde mode with my friends.

33c0rnl.jpg

Also has a level clearly inspired by a certain really cool CoD4 level.

I wanna make the flame version, but I'm being arsed to find the materials.

World at War looks astounding. :O
Can't wait to get this on my PS3, since my PC can't even start it.

wawom3.jpg

war2lc0.jpg

Just started playing. Feels like a CoD game :D . Action packed and I love the body dismemberment.

Any news on World at War on Steam? It's on Direct2Drive, but ef that junt.

Holy crap Mikael. Are you playing that on uber low settings?

People don't post screen shots of the kickass mission, especially the start, that's the best, the most atmospheric part.

edit :

There is another mission that is just ****ing brutallyawesome.
Treyarch did a great job within the limits of what they could and
were allowed to do with the CoD formula. I can't say I really like it, but
that's because I'm just not fond of the core CoD gameplay. Though a lot
the folks here clearly are. So I say get it and play it as fast as you can.

Yep, love the dismemberment in this game, it's about time the COD franchise displyed the real effects of an .88 ripping through flesh.

Yep, love the dismemberment in this game, it's about time the COD franchise displyed the real effects of an .88 ripping through flesh.

And those aren't the real effects. Bullets go through things they do not rip bone and muscle apart causing whole legs to come off. Same goes for grenades. Grenades shoot out tiny pieces of metal that shred flesh to pieces, they do not magically blow limbs off. HE grenades are a different story but just the same the odds of cleanly cutting off a leg or other limb are so close to nil it's just not going to happen.

To be honest, every time someone posts screenshots of that game I scroll past them quickly. There's something to be said for realism in war games, but that just seems like excessive gore.

And those aren't the real effects. Bullets go through things they do not rip bone and muscle apart causing whole legs to come off. Same goes for grenades. Grenades shoot out tiny pieces of metal that shred flesh to pieces, they do not magically blow limbs off. HE grenades are a different story but just the same the odds of cleanly cutting off a leg or other limb are so close to nil it's just not going to happen.

Depends how many rounds are put into them and through what type of gun, from a standard hand held machine gun
no, but put enough rounds into an appendage from one of those big mounted muthas then surely it's gonna shred off the limb.

To be honest, every time someone posts screenshots of that game I scroll past them quickly. There's something to be said for realism in war games, but that just seems like excessive gore.

TBH the dismemberment is quite rare in the game, you only get it from mounted guns and grenades, or when you call in an air strike.

My problem is the cuts are too clean you can see it's a limitation of how they've designed the system. Before you could manage to blow someone's leg off with a mounted gun they'd already be on the ground.

My problem is the cuts are too clean you can see it's a limitation of how they've designed the system. Before you could manage to blow someone's leg off with a mounted gun they'd already be on the ground.

You can actually shoot them with these weapons and it not seperate a limb, it merely shows the bone protruding through the limb (kind of like in arnie in Terminator 2 except with bone :)), they only really lose a limb if either a) you let rip at point blank range or b) you continue to shoot them as their death animation is played out.

I let a nazi have it with a shot gun to his legs at point blank, took one of his legs bottom half off, and took the skin off the other.

Red Alert 3

Is it just me, or am I the only one that thinks this game does not look as good as the screen shots EA have been throwing around the press?

It's just you.
I think it looks great, even though I play on medium/high not very high.
Although, some of the units look really ugly like Natasha and Tanya, they could've been torn right out of Generals... with their bland polygonal looks.

Back