Post Your GTA IV Stories

Yeah when I used the FIB buffalo there was a GPS voice that said "bing bong". At first I thought it was a mess up or something. Then I lol'd.

Assassin mission: I ran up and slapped a carbomb under the target's car before he got in. Drove around the block and called for pizza; target eliminated.

Drug Trafficking for Jacob: I pull up to the stash point and 4 rival gangsters show up (two more in a car). Being that I'm almost dead already, I jump back into the rust bucket and lunge foward, but a sharp turn in the ally prevents my escape, so I through the car into reverse. The enemies in the other car get out and open fire. I must be going about 40MPH when I ram the car, as the enemy on the passenger side gets knocked down. As he goes to get up, the cars door kills him. Sadly, the on gangster with a combat shotgun got a good shot and killed me.

Still the greatest kill ever

I started a new game to get the One Man Army achievement earlier, just went to Bohan and camped out in the subway tunnel for five minutes... I know, I'm no fun, but meh. Anyway, after I'd gotten it I thought I'd go on a no-guns rampage just to see how long I could last. I manage to get my way out of Bohan in one piece and head for the bridge. I'm past the toll booth and round the corner to Dukes, and there's a N.O.O.S.E blockage waiting for me. I head straight for the gap and aim squarely at one of the officers, he gets off a few shots before I hit him at full speed. He's pulled under the car and rumbles around the front wheels for a few seconds before... POP! The car launches him out ahead of me at mach speed, he hits a pole in the centre of the bridge and ricochets back onto my windscreen, coating it in blood. I nearly got myself killed from all the lolling. :D

Quoth the dying cop on the ground: "I NEVER EVEN HAD A THREESOME!"

I started a new game to get the One Man Army achievement earlier, just went to Bohan and camped out in the subway tunnel for five minutes... I know, I'm no fun, but meh. Anyway, after I'd gotten it I thought I'd go on a no-guns rampage just to see how long I could last. I manage to get my way out of Bohan in one piece and head for the bridge. I'm past the toll booth and round the corner to Dukes, and there's a N.O.O.S.E blockage waiting for me. I head straight for the gap and aim squarely at one of the officers, he gets off a few shots before I hit him at full speed. He's pulled under the car and rumbles around the front wheels for a few seconds before... POP! The car launches him out ahead of me at mach speed, he hits a pole in the centre of the bridge and ricochets back onto my windscreen, coating it in blood. I nearly got myself killed from all the lolling. :D

Oh man, I wish you had captured that :LOL:

I had a cop chasing me on a fast motorcycle while I was in a bus. :O How he got on a motorcycle I don't know! He probably commandeered it from some schmuck!

Yeah, I was driving away from a cop before but still in earshot, he walked up to a car passing by, pulled out the driver and said "I need to commandeer your vehicle!" I'm sure I've seen a couple of regular civvies do it too after I've jacked or attacked them.

Yeah civilans does it. I stole a cab, speed of, to slow down and figure out where i wanted to go next, I make a turn, and SLAM! a car rams me. I get out and kill him, and realise it was the cab driver.

Totally just did a full barrel roll.

I was flying down Algonquin near Star Junction in a Banshee. When I went through an intersection, a SUV came out and clipped my rear end which then slid me into a median which then launched me up in a spin. One complete barrel roll and I landed.

I shat bricks.

Heh.. My GTA4 still freezes. I just don't understand why though.. :|

:| I dont understand, you were playing just fine for a good while.

:| I dont understand, you were playing just fine for a good while.

Yeah I know. Then it just consistently freezes for no damn reason. I mean it doesn't make sense at all as to why that is happening as EVERY other ****ing game and movie plays fine in that drive.

I finally unlocked the carbine and decided to have a Hospital Massacre.
I rear-end a parked ambulance to attempt to create a roadblock(which didn't work right)
Jumped out of my Landstalker, spotted a nurse leaning against the hospital wall, pulled out the rifle and lit her up. A red Huntley Sport comes to a halt and two gangsters get out. One ducks behind the front fender while I pop the passenger 5 times. The driver blind fires over the truck, and I run behind a wall to reload. A cop standing on the corner sees the driver and believes he killed the nurse, so he draws his handgun. Hoping he may help me out, I put a round right through the cops head, gaining me two stars. Still, the gang member continued to fire upon me, until a cop car came racing down a hill and plowed into him. One cop was launched from the car, and I opened fire on the cop still inside. Up to 3 stars now, and two more cop cars come drifting around the corner, one stops short of my truck, the other races up and stops a few inches away. I equip my pump shotgun and blind fired towards the windscreen, killing both cops after two shots. A N.O.O.S.E. truck lumbered onto the scene, as well as 4 more cop cars. Not about to lose my carbine, I roll behind the wrecked ambulance, and crouch walk to the back. As soon as I poke my head around the corner, a hail of bullets pass through me, killing me instantly.

Got out of the hospital with my carbine still intact!

Besides the cool dynamic situations you can get yourself into with fire and explosions and guns, the best thing I have ever seen in a video game was through the cinematic view while I was being chased by a cop. It was a low, orthographic angle of this cop and I about to collide. Then a pedestrian car pulled int front of the camera, and I could kind of see what was going on through his windows, but I had mostly a clear view of his face and his hands on the wheel.

When the cop smashed into me, the guy in the car in the foreground seriously got a surprised look on his face and looked into his rear view mirror at the accident behind him. It was intense. Here's an mspaint attachment to show you what I mean.

Attachments

• GTAwtf.jpg
    GTAwtf.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 307
I was free roaming with this one guy and we grabbed as much health armor and MP5 ammo as possible and went to the airport. Then we grabbed one of those tractor/cart things (which go oddly fast btw) and started our rampage. Eventually we had 2 cops chasing us, so he was driving while I was shooting at one of the cop cars. I must have shot the cop in the head or in the tire because all of the sudden he just broke left right into a gas station that exploded and flipped the other cop car over! Man it was the most epic thing ever! I thought I was in an action movie.

Had the cops coming after me before, they had me cornered at an intersection and I was taking cover behind a statue just popping them off as they came, trying not to let them close in on me. There's at least 3 cop cars and a couple of N.O.O.S.E vans sitting there, but at this point I'm all out of rockets and grenades, so just blowing them all up isn't an option... or is it? I spot a helicopter closing in overhead and pull out my sniper rifle. Just as I aim up at him, though, he leans backwards to come to a halt, blocking my view into the front of the cockpit... until I realise I can still see him through the glass beneath his feet. I fire off a couple of shots through the glass and he comes barrelling (literally) down onto the cop blockage, taking two cars out immediately and setting a firey chain reaction in progress which eventually destroys everything trapping me in, allowing me to finally escape.

... If that cop hadn't snuck up on me with a shotgun at the last second, that is. :(

Man, I just had a mission play out perfectly and I didn't even plan it to go so smoothly.

First, I ambushed the two cars I was tailing to kill with the same formula I always use - get up close, put some well placed rounds into the tyres then back out of the immediate area to get some good distance for another pass. I won't mention who was in the cars or why but yeah, I emptied a uzi magazine into both the cars then got out of there. I didn't expect the guys to all be toting uzis themselves though, so as I'm speeding away I'm getting peppered by about 6 weapons all at once until eventually my car screams to a halt, fire blazing from the wheels.

I dive out and manage to pull a forward roll off from the door just as the first car tries to run me down. They bump into my flaming-wheeled wreck and casually step out as I run to cover. I took LOADS of damage running but I get behind a taxi, pistol out, but I've got about the eqivilent of 10% health left.

I'm down behind the bonnet of this car, blind firing randomly as they slowly approach the taxi putting ALL of their weapons into. I'm soon crouched behind what looks like a block of cheese, it's got that many holes in it. I crouch back in for a reload dredding having to restart the mission when all of a suddenly theres this huge explosion and four bodies are sent hurtling into the sky. My car has detonated and it turns out there car was parked right beside it. To add to the awe of it all, as I'm leaving cover one of the bodies falls from it's ascent and lands on the bonnet of the taxi with a crash then slowly slithers to the floor.

I couldn't stop laughing - and smiling - at how lucky it had been and how downright awesome it played out.

I'm a currently raging due to my inability to escape the cops on "The Snow Storm". >=(

I can't escape the building with being /rapedrapedraped.

Reading these only makes me wish I could get a 360. At first I wasn't too bothered about GTAIV, but after playing it on my friend's console and reading all these stories, it just sounds too epic to miss. And most people will be bored of it by the time the PC version is released.

You gotta take it slow, move down the corridors as carefully as possible and only leave the building entrance when the next batch of reinforcements is in transit and not already shooting at you.

There is a way to climb out the back window through a bit of sneaky climbing and balance. Just park a Patriot out the back and you'll be untouchable. You only encounter 6 baddies that way.

I went in via the ladder, took at about 4 guys, collected the coke and just rambo'd my way out to the Bobcat parked outside. I managed to lose my wanted stars in about 15 minutes. :D

There's a boat in the dock behind the hospital. Use it. You too, WillehWanks.

/raperaperape
Vat?

I used an AK-47 I managed to snag when I shot up Perestroika. (Pull a gun out inside, a bunch of other people will do the same, one with an AK). I stole a cop car, and just made as many turns as possible before jumping onto the highway and escaping.

I was not in a mission, just running around doing random stuff. I went into a park and accidently bumped into this old lady, she said something to me, so I beat the living hell out of her. Then I was walking away like nothing happened and this big guy comes up and punches me and gets into his "fighting stance". A minute long fight ensues, and I land a lucky punch that sends him staggering backwards, over a ledge and down a 30 foot drop where he lands on his head on some concrete below. There was a blood stain by his head and he wasn't getting up, so I just took off before someone called the cops or something. Fun game

I went in via the ladder, took at about 4 guys, collected the coke and just rambo'd my way out to the Bobcat parked outside. I managed to lose my wanted stars in about 15 minutes. :D

I did the same thing, I had to do the mission 3 times. The first 2 times I died while trying to lose my stars. The first time I got cornered because I drove into a construction site, there was literally 7 cop cars there I tried to jump over them but they riddled my ass with close to 50 bullets. The second time the cops had me cornered in an alleyway, I went to jump over some fence, not realizing that it was actually a 50 foot drop onto a highway. Needless to say after leaving the emergency room (I'm on a first name basis with everyone in there probably) I attempted the mission for a third time and finally completed it.

Played a game last night with some friends. We were all in his helicopter just flying around looking for a good spot to hold-out in, but before we do that we need some gear. Our mate dropped is off in the city and we all went our different ways for armour, machine guns, snipers, etc then all met up again at a crossroad for the chopper to come and pick us up. He's a few streets away and we can hear him coming when all of a sudden we hear this almighty crash just around the corner, out of eye-sight, and this burning car slowly rolls into view from the scene of the noise. Our mate hasn't said anything, we wait a few more minutes when he comes around the corner in a goddamn bus, a bus we can all get in and turn into a mobile ****ing death machine.

You had to be there to hear the helicopter, the noise from around the corner then to see a bus come trundling around the corner instead of a helicopter to laugh as much as I did when it first happened. He just opened the doors and in typical bus driver fashion joked to us all ''might want to hurry, the cops didn't appreciate the crash as much as I did'' and soon enough, it's revealed he - somehow - got a 4 star wanted level just by crashing.

Was brilliant. Not to mention that we could all sit in the bus so it basically became a moving bunker. Awesome.

Five of us and one driver. I'm pretty sure they can cary 16, though, or so I heard.

FYI, we didn't get 5 into a helicoter, we met two people on the ground and then was going to try how many the 'choppers can hold. I'm not sure on that one.

Only four people can be in one vehicle at one time.

Mm, you sure that counts for buses? 'Coz I could swear there was 5 of us and a driver, one of own guys. Perhaps not but eh, it was still like a moving bunker.

I can say I'm 90% sure. On launch night, I remember trying to get all the HL2.net people on a bus and only four could go on including the driver.

Finishing up Final Interview:
I kill the two cops at the door and spy a gorgeous Sabre GT just begging to be used as a getaway car when a N.O.O.S.E. truck barrels down the street and plows into it head on. As cops and NOOSE agents surround me, I make a dash for the subway platform, sprinting as fast as possible while holding an AK-47. As I make my way down the stairs, a cop with an M4 turns the corner but with the rifle pointed down. Standing an inch away from him, I smash him in the head with the riflebutt, but don't stop to kill him.
I reach the station platform, and debate for a whole 3 seconds, do I wait for a train, or make a run on the tracks? Civilians scream when an elderly man yells out "Gun, shit!" making me realize that no one will survive. I open up and spray every person in the platform until I hear "Put your weapon down NOW!" I turn to see 3 NOOSE agents with MP5's aimed ready to kill me and jump down onto the tracks, and begin sprinting. Two agents run onto the tracks as a train pulls into the station, running both of them over, and leaving the last one no place to give chase.
After 20 minutes of running through the tunnels, I arrive at another platform, with cops ready, but only using handguns. The arrest script sets in as Niko puts his hands up. I'm pulling the trigger and finally, Niko riflebutts the cop to break arrest, only to have two hidden NOOSE agents come out of cover and have a 5.56 mm round fly through my head, killing me instantly.

I've still gotta beat Final Interview, but at least I'll be ready in the subway again.

What the hell?

I stood in front of a cab and shot at the driver with my shotgun, the first shot didn't quite kill him so he tried getting out. I shot him again and suddenly, BOOM, the car explodes together with a car behind him. I don't know what the hell happened. It didn't even kill me, just threw me back and left me alive with a slither of health left.

Back