Post your latest music tracks/WIP's and comment!

Well... that certainly was electronic.

I don't know what to say about that.

The Levee Has Broken - http://www.myspace.com/neptuneuk2001
Featuring Led Zep drums remixed Neptune style.
God damn that is awesome. Not much else to say about it. The fadeout is too swift maybe, and the cymbals seem kind of muted. Nothing else to say. Awesome :D

30 second electronica track.

Chainmail Nightmare (direct download link)
Download didn't work... :(

I decided to write something very loud.

www.matthewklingensmith.com/veryevil.mp3
Awesome again. Your bass drum and toms are all but completely drowned out by the guitar though. Sidechain that shit yo! Also, I love the chord progression in this song.

Just got Ableton Live 8, and I have to say I really love it.

http://soundcloud.com/steve-sully/new-wip

(as it says, I made this on the train going back to school).
This is nice and relaxing. Reminds me of 4 by Aphex Twin. Good stuff :D

Here is something that I was working on, then I kind of lost direction with it. So yet another unfinished song. But overall I'm happy with how it turned out. Citadel Fire.

Thanks man. It's nice to hear some good feedback.

Btw, your drums are pretty stellar in that last one you posted. I love the synth.

First track I've finished in a while - Crush.

I listen to a lot of Mount Kimbie and James Blake can you tell

But really, I'm quite proud of it, I've never done a track like this before.

Thank you! You should listen to Mount Kimbie, by the way - not that I stole anything, but it was certainly an inspiration for the whole quasi-organic bass-driven whatever-step that they sort of pioneered.

Mega-necro-threadbump with this song-clip. Maybe a little bit happier than I intended...

That's pretty good, it has a lot going for it. I see what you mean about "happy".

You should try making the xylophone sounding thing all distorted or at least very slow/low. And probably make the drums something more Trip-Hop ish - you know - more aggressive; or not, I don't know. Maybe just ad some zaps. See if you don't like that better.

Thanks for the comment :)
Actually now that I think about it a trip-hop beat would sound pretty good although the only thing I can think of when I think of trip-hop is Massive Attack's Mezzanine. What are some other bands like this I can take as a ref?

Btw, didn't you have your own soundcloud Virus? I seem to remember it was here long ago...

I've got www.myspace.com/stick999

No Soundcloud, I'm just not really interested in any of this right now. I spent months working long hours every day updating all of my songs and song ideas and I put them on discs for my father.

And right now, I can't even be bothered with updating myspace, so that's all old.

Being a musician is really hard ****ing work, I don't really like it. I like messing around and never finishing anything.

I know what you mean. I've quit and begun once again on numerous occasions, but now I'm trying it out again because I have some time to spare (;

My band and I just finished an EP. I'll post some tracks soon.

Anyone who's a fan of rock music should listen to me and my group of shit-kickers.

RockMelon on MySpace (MySpace is totally dead, though)

RockMelon on Facebook

First 3 tracks are studio recordings.

Other 2 are from a live set we did on teh radioz.

EDIT: Also, if people like what they hear I'll probably post some side-project/possible and W.I.P songs. Piss.

A while ago my sister asked me to make a track for her to use in an upcoming video of hers.

Mind you, I hadn't finished a song in years.

I started on something, but it was really going nowhere.

Few weeks later (now), I got some random idea/inspiration, and got to work.

Mind you again, she likes dubstep, and you'll see why I think she'll like this.

Despite me usually hating most dubstep because it's so overdone, I had a lot of fun making this and I think it's pretty cool.

www.pixelatomy.com/stuff/EightSink.mp3

It's only got like 4 different tracks including the drums. I tried to find something else to add in, but I thought it best to leave well enough alone.

I'm just glad I could finish a track (over 4 minutes, even!). Took about 5 hours straight.

Edit: Did some remastering

Thanks for listening.

Nice ambient stuff you got there, I totally dig the main background noise. Really it's great. Piano could have used a bit more processing, it sounds a little too vanilla for the track. The melodies themselves though are great.

Thanks! Totally agreed about the processing. The mids of the background especially get in the way of the piano. I've got some melodies sitting in the back of my mind, so I might get a second version out tonight.

By the way, do you still use Reason?

I don't think I could ever stop using it.

I've done some incomplete things in Renoise, and I hope to finish some things with it, but I'll never stop using Reason because there's just nothing that could replace it, and I know it so well.

Back