Pre-Load Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Now - Delayed till 28th

Thorough. I'm starting to wonder whether you actually are one of Valve's marketing guys. ;)
Fair enough. Too bad for guys like me though...

You'll still get to play a demo if you want. It'll just be a bit later than the people who've already paid.

I know, but all I want to do right now is play the demo! See if it'll be worth my while. Besides, I think I earned enough achievements to qualify as a non-rookie L4D player (read: potential die-hard fan ;) ).

The demo was just postponed by an additional 10 hours. ****ing numbnuts Valve..
they ALWAYS do this

The demo was just postponed by an additional 10 hours. ****ing numbnuts Valve..
they ALWAYS do this

Yes, yes they do. They're bastards for it. I don't understand what's so hard about pushing a ****ing button to unlock the demo we already have. 360 players have been playing it since about 1 PM.

glad I was playing the mildly annoying yet highly addicted Borderlands. best time to be a gamer is right now if you ask me....so glad i asked off this week from work

Valve really should know better by now. Do they have no method to test the release prior to the actual launch, or does Murphy just really, really hate them?

I'll pre-order this game on Friday when I have more in my bank account. my god so many postponements this year

I'm not surprised by the delay in the demo coming out (though I wish it wasn't) but what does surprise me is why XBOX players are already on it. That seems a tad wrong in my books considering we are supporting Steam by purchasing on the system, I would like to think we would get the demo at the same time if not before.
Anyway moaning isn’t going to make the time pass any quicker...

XboxLive updates all happen at the same time each day, and files are sent for classification some time in advance, where as Steam is completely random. I am not surprised at the delay, but they really do shoot themselves in the foot when they set a specific time, then change the time 10 minutes after its gone.

2 am est...fine at least its still in my current waking state.

Stop crying.
Those of us that didn't preorder still have to wait a week or so.

Gabe:"Hold on guys, I want to take this in a new direction. We could make it all cartoony and stuff!!"

I keep getting these small random updates to the demo...guess they're tinkering with someshit.

Delayed to 5pm, my time. A tad annoying but I was out for most of the day anyway.

Sucks to be other timezones.

God, if one could not imagine the Steam Forums descending further down the abyss of lunacy, think again. It's more than a cesspit over there. It's chaos. No word can describe the stupidity, petulance, and ignorance that is currently being displayed over there.

5pm for me, as well. No harm done, at all. Problems occur. There's no one necessarily at fault. For one, I've never seen so much traffic on Steam before.

Delayed again.

On the upside, I have tomorrow off :)

well i'm glad i came on here before i went to sleep, i was contemplating waking up early tomorrow to play for an hour before i leave the house.

i'm pretty forgiving of valve but they really ****ed this demo launch up.

God, if one could not imagine the Steam Forums descending further down the abyss of lunacy, think again. It's more than a cesspit over there. It's chaos. No word can describe the stupidity, petulance, and ignorance that is currently being displayed over there.

5pm for me, as well. No harm done, at all. Problems occur. There's no one necessarily at fault. For one, I've never seen so much traffic on Steam before.

Seriously, people want to file a class action lawsuit over this???

Is it just me or is it redownloading the demo? Mine was fully preloaded, and it's now at 30% and downloading again. Hm.. I mean it makes more sense if they had to adjust the demo then instead of having the servers and such set up.

Anyway, it's redownloading now. I'm confused but oh well.

Same here, except the steam servers are too busy.

I was so looking forward to killing some southern zombies tonight. Sadly, it was not meant to be.

Yeah something is going on. It wouldn't be redownloading though it would be adding to what you have already downloaded.

Yeah something is going on. It wouldn't be redownloading though it would be adding to what you have already downloaded.

The thing is when you right click it and click view preload info, it says it's preloading again.

Yeah but Steam has always handled percentages and updates strangely.

It doesn't matter either way though - people at 100% have nothing special to report.

Yeah but Steam has always handled percentages and updates strangely.

It doesn't matter either way though - people at 100% have nothing special to report.

I realize, but I've received word from a few associates that it's redownloading the whole pre-load. Must have been something mishandled in it for it to redo the whole thing.

Back