Pre-Purchase The Orange Box, Play Team Fortress 2 Next Week

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
The following has appeared at this location.[br]
The Orange Box?featuring Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2, and Portal, as well as the complete Half-Life 2 experience to date?is now available for pre-purchase via Steam. Pre-purchase The Orange Box before the October 10 release to save 10% off the regular price and get exclusive access to the Team Fortress 2 beta on September 17.[br]The Orange Box, penned by IGN.com as "the package which could legitimately be called the deal of the century," features three highly-awaited new games by Valve: Half-Life 2: Episode Two, the second installment in the Half-Life 2 episodic trilogy; Team Fortress 2, the sequel to the game that put class-based, multiplayer team warfare on the map; and Portal, the game that blends puzzles, first person action, and adventure gaming to produce an experience like no other.[br]To bring gamers up to date with the Half-Life 2 universe, The Orange Box also includes Half-Life 2, the best-selling and highest-rated action game series of all time, and the episodic debut Half-Life 2: Episode One. Customers who already own these titles will have the ability to conveniently "gift" them to a friend upon official release of The Orange Box.[br]Starting Monday, September 17, those who pre-purchase The Orange Box via Steam can download and activate the beta release of Team Fortress 2 (TF2). This year's most anticipated online action game, TF2 delivers new game types, a signature art style powered by Valve's next generation animation technology, persistent player statistics, and more.[br]As a special bonus, those who pre-purchase The Orange Box via Steam will also receive a copy of Peggle Extreme. PopCap and Valve have teamed up to create a special edition of the game cited by MSNBC as one of the ?Top 5 Most Addicting Games of All Time.? This first ever collaboration is themed around content from Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2 and Portal which will positively result in Extreme Fever.

That is all.

Woo!
Orange Box pre-ordered and downloading!

FF and TF2 on Monday! That certainly warrants a sick day, right?

oh my GOD!
Is it time to take the leap and leave physical copies behind me?

Hmm, no mention of Black Box availability on Steam then. Although good news for those which were planning to buy the Orange Box \o/

I want to know if the orange box versions of HL2 are the upgraded versions? Has anyone ordered on a clean account and tried to download it?

Didn't they cancel the Black Box?

Maybe I have my wires crossed then, as I thought it was going to appear on Steam only. I knew that the retail Black Box was cancelled and Valve were honoring the ATI free Black Box voucher though.

I want to know if the orange box versions of HL2 are the upgraded versions? Has anyone ordered on a clean account and tried to download it?

If you mean upgraded, like the Xbox and PS3 ones are, then no. They did say that they might in the future for the PC but nothing concrete that I'm aware of.

But if I get this now can I give my copy of HL2 and episode one to someone?

They had the Peggle Extreme game up before the news item on steampowered. When I opened up the game page it had a link for more info on pre-ordering the Orange Box and I totally freaked out.

Wonder when the Engineer movie will be posted.

Maybe I have my wires crossed then, as I thought it was going to appear on Steam only. I knew that the retail Black Box was cancelled and Valve were honoring the ATI free Black Box voucher though.

It could, I will check goggle.

If you mean upgraded, like the Xbox and PS3 ones are, then no. They did say that they might in the future for the PC but nothing concrete that I'm aware of.

But if I get this now can I give my copy of HL2 and episode one to someone?

That's stupid, I would understand if it was old copies of HL2 that needed to be upgraded, but if you order the orange box on a clean account you should get the 360 versions of the game.

lol, you can see the ep 2 manual after you preorder, it doesn't really tell you much at all though

That's stupid, I would understand if it was old copies of HL2 that needed to be upgraded, but if you order the orange box on a clean account you should get the 360 versions of the game.

True but I guess right now they have more important things to do than to redo the PC version of Half Life 2.

The Black Box was canceled. Here

Shit.

My new computer won't be ready. *panic*

Consider me thrilled however.

True but I guess right now they have more important things to do than to redo the PC version of Half Life 2.

The Black Box was canceled. Here

Oh well, the price was not going to be drastically different anyway.

@Reginald

I'm in the same boat. I don't even have everything ordered yet.

BUT it will be worth the wait.

And we also get PEGGLE something!

YAY! Ordering it tomorrow at 6 when I get my computer back!

But with the orange box I can give my extra copy of HL2 to a friend and hopefully he should get CSS also.

How would we receive those codes though? As far as I could tell, when purchasing games it is automatically tied to your account and you never actually see a code/cdkey.

On another note, I would like to hear more about how multi-threading the source engine is going. My quad needs to be put to use :(

The TF2 beta news makes me feel bad for the FF guys.

I'm sure Valve already had this planned out, but it's a bit of a kick in the balls for them. Completely overshadows their release.

I thought the blackbox package would still be on steam? Can anyone confirm this one way or the other?

Delightful news indeed. People shouldn't get confused that you are paying for Half-life 2 as part of this package. They throw it in free, because Episode 2 needs a lot of things from it to run from it. But come on...for this price and what you are getting, how could you ever complain about value for money!?

If you were looking to sell old versions of HL2, you can't sell the account with the user name and password directly - Valve forbid it, on ebay especially. You can pay 10 dollars to 'unbind' a CD Key from a Steam account which can be sold on as you wish, although HL2 is dirt cheap now, and Episode 1 will also be after launch so it's up to you if you want to invest the money to sell.

On a lighter note, TF2 Beta next week! I wish I had my new computer built in time, but regardless, hooray!

Black box I believe is completely scrapped.

How would we receive those codes though? As far as I could tell, when purchasing games it is automatically tied to your account and you never actually see a code/cdkey.

On another note, I would like to hear more about how multi-threading the source engine is going. My quad needs to be put to use :(

There will be a way. When the Box is offically released you can transfer your second copy of HL2 and HL2:EP 1.

The TF2 beta news makes me feel bad for the FF guys.

I'm sure Valve already had this planned out, but it's a bit of a kick in the balls for them. Completely overshadows their release.

Not really, the two games are not really the same. Both will be brilliant and I believe that TF2 will not take anything away from FF.

Delightful news indeed. People shouldn't get confused that you are paying for Half-life 2 as part of this package. They throw it in free, because Episode 2 needs a lot of things from it to run from it. But come on...for this price and what you are getting, how could you ever complain about value for money!?

If you were looking to sell old versions of HL2, you can't sell the account with the user name and password directly - Valve forbid it, on ebay especially. You can pay 10 dollars to 'unbind' a CD Key from a Steam account which can be sold on as you wish, although HL2 is dirt cheap now, and Episode 1 will also be after launch so it's up to you if you want to invest the money to sell.

On a lighter note, TF2 Beta next week! I wish I had my new computer built in time, but regardless, hooray!

Black box I believe is completely scrapped.

I also can not wait. I want to see what it will run like. The beta should be more or less complete anyway. Release is about a month away. The Black Box is scrapped from May this year.

So pumped for the TF2 Beta....booooyeah! :D

Whats all this chat about upgraded 360 version?

So pumped for the TF2 Beta....booooyeah! :D

Whats all this chat about upgraded 360 version?

The console versions of HL2 and Hl2 EP1 have had their maps redone with I believe HDR, other graphical improvements and all run on the new EP2 engine.

Back