Pre-Purchase The Orange Box, Play Team Fortress 2 Next Week

Ahh nevermind, my question was answered earlier in the thread.

/facepalm

Where's my pre-load? Hope dan didn't forget about me. ;(

Maybe he wont add them until the actual release date. E-mail him. Also ask him if we are able to get the TF2 beta :p. (I doubt it, the Beta is for Playing Customers)

Now i feel relived now i bought it now it's just sitting there now laughing at me. Well i'am off the freeze myself wake me up when it's released.

It is about ?27, same price at retail.

well it came out in the end about $52.10 and by using a calculator I payed ?26.7ish. Same as retail.

52.85 USD = 26.0003 GBP

which is just above retail when i looked on amazon Orange Box Amazon UK but there no beta tf2 if you retail

(**goes of to find debit card to preorder**)

after the release of orange will there be a thread on here for giving away of hl2 and ep1 gift boxes from people that already own them??

defiantly a sickie on monday :D

Heh pre-purchased :D

That Peggie thing was quite amusing as well (bizarrely)

Such a beautiful day! I cant believe it!

Damn, I can't wait till the 10th, I want it now! :p Why couldn't it have came out in the SUMMER?

No Linux DS yet

FYI, I logged into my linux dedicated server (currently running GunGame, yaaa), updated the steam client, and looked around. TF2 doesn't show up in the list, even if I supply the login of an account that has pre-ordered/pre-loaded TF2. But just in case, I tried to update "tf", "tf2" and "Team Fortress 2", with no luck.

Oh well. Hopefully they'll have a dedicated server out before the client is unlocked.

52.85 USD = 26.0003 GBP

which is just above retail when i looked on amazon Orange Box Amazon UK but there no beta tf2 if you retail

(**goes of to find debit card to preorder**)

after the release of orange will there be a thread on here for giving away of hl2 and ep1 gift boxes from people that already own them??

defiantly a sickie on monday :D

By paypal I was charged ?26.70. I'm giving mine to a friend that does not have it. Would you also get CS: S? You did with the retail version of HL2.

I have a slight problem, the link to buy the orange box in steam does nothing and the links on steam's website show an error that says "protocol (steam) isn't associated with any program" and it simply gives me a blank screen in IE7.

Searching steam forums, but nothing yet. Anyone know what the problem is?

Edit: trying http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=459

Edit: had to buy it using another pc (win xp).

For some reason I couldn't find the black box version.... or an option to check off which games I want to purchase. Anyone else having this problem?

Just a note:

BLACK BOX HAS BEEN CANCELLED

Will pre-order tomorrow.:E

There is no black box version, only orange box version. AFAIK there will be just Orange box, and then later on Valve will release Ep2 TF2 and Portal seperately for those who aren't interested in all three.

they might later at a price that would mean you pay more, but i wouldn't have thought so, not at such a cheap start bundle price, they scrimed on coders for orange box to keep the retail price down, poor people working on commodores

For some reason I couldn't find the black box version.... or an option to check off which games I want to purchase. Anyone else having this problem?
News flash, Valve axed the Black Box and the Orange Box includes 'free' copies of HL2 and Ep1 to give to someone who doesn't already own a copy of either, like a homeless person who will probably take it as a crushing blow to his soul as he clearly doesn't have a PC to play them on. Thanks for spreading the love, Valve. :)

I'm confused at why there is such a high level of confusion when Valve axed it a long time ago, and have just thrown in HL2 and Episode 1 in for free. Luckily, if you've already got these games installed you'll have some spare registration keys...
Customers who already own these titles will have the ability to conveniently "gift" them to a friend upon official release of The Orange Box.
How nice eh? :)

Also, to clear up the peggle questions:
As a special bonus, those who pre-purchase The Orange Box via Steam will also receive a copy of Peggle Extreme. PopCap and Valve have teamed up to create a special edition of the game cited by MSNBC.com as one of the "Top 5 Most Addicting Games of All Time." This first ever collaboration is themed around content from Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2 and Portal which will positively result in Extreme Fever!
You'll need to pre-order via Steam to receive this game which is a 'special edition'.

Ugh, it's just sitting there...

In the words of the Angry German Kid:

Ich will nicht warten, ich will spielen!

Pre-loading 53% Team Fortress 2 been waiting a long time for this =)

Wow, Valve really screws you into getting the Orange Box.

No, I don't want Portal and I don't plan to play it. Will Ep 2 and TF2 be worth $30 EACH??

Yikes.

Well yeah they really want you to buy the orange box but I had read somewhere about giving away the games you already own to friends.

Amazon UK has the RRP of the Orange Box as £34.99 and is selling it at £24.98 just a pound or two cheaper than the Steam Version.

And read the full quote from Valve in the Orig Post, it explains it all!

Retail Black Box was scrapped because of Shelf-Space. There is no reason to assume that Valve have no plans for a Black-Box alternative on steam. At the very least, you would expect them to have individually purchasable EP2 / Portal / TF2 options that have yet to materialize. They may just kick all you impulse buyers in the balls with a Black Box-style release sometime in the near future.

Retail Black Box was scrapped because of Shelf-Space. There is no reason to assume that Valve have no plans for a Black-Box alternative on steam. At the very least, you would expect them to have individually purchasable EP2 / Portal / TF2 options that have yet to materialize. They may just kick all you impulse buyers in the balls with a Black Box-style release sometime in the near future.

Why will there be a Steam Black-Box when they have said that HL2/Ep1 are being bundled free with the Orange Box?

And we all know how Steam works, bundles are much cheaper than buying everything seperately. For just TF2/Ep2/Portal seperate you are paying $79.85 according to the individual prices listed on Steam

Why will there be a Steam Black-Box when they have said that HL2/Ep1 are being bundled free with the Orange Box?
Because they could, you know, lie? They're only 'free' so long as a cheaper package without them doesn't materialize.
And we all know how Steam works, bundles are much cheaper than buying everything separately. For just TF2/Ep2/Portal separate you are paying $79.85 according to the individual prices listed on Steam
I only offer an observation on the separate purchases as an indication that we haven't seen all that the product pages will one day show us. You'd also expect better value for money Multi-player Bundles inclusive of Team Fortress 2 at some point. I think it's just too early to write off 'Black Box', based on Valve's ever iffy word, and the months old report on retail-only pricing plans.

i.e. I'm not pre-ordering just yet. I don't even want 'Black Box' tbh. Team Fortress 2 is a piece of interesting but excess baggage for someone with an unreliable connection.

I would imagine a Black Box-like package will turn up closer to release, maybe even on release.

Meanwhile, you pay a tiny bit extra, because I was expecting the Black Box-like package to be $30-$35, so $10-15 dollars (5 to 7.50 pounds) more and you get into the TF2 beta, and copies of HL2 and Ep1 you can give away if you don't want them. Oh, and a neat little version of Peggle. Cool freebie.

If you don't want that, don't buy it yet.

I was hoping for Friday, but next Monday will do! :p

And no, there will not be a 'black box' or anything resembling a 'black box' ever... there's no question. Now, you may be able to buy Portal, TF2, and Episode 2 for like $30 each...

So, please, stop saying there will be -anything- resembling the old black box... ever... it'll just confuse people and continue annoying me.

But lombardi did say they would come up with other packages on steam if there was demand for it. It's flexible like that. ;)
(video interview during E3 I believe)

And you don't get those extra games for free in the Orange Box. Not unless they re-priced the Orange Box to be what the Black box would have been. But a 10% discount and getting to play TF2 early...definitely worth a pre-purchased Orange Box IMO. ;)

I was hoping for Friday, but next Monday will do! :p

And no, there will not be a 'black box' or anything resembling a 'black box' ever... there's no question. Now, you may be able to buy Portal, TF2, and Episode 2 for like $30 each...

So, please, stop saying there will be -anything- resembling the old black box... ever... it'll just confuse people and continue annoying me.

How do you know this? It would be very foolish of Valve to not release a package that most fans would want to buy, which is exactly what the Black Box is. Or, the games that were in the Black Box. It's what I want, I know that much.

People need to think a bit before proclaiming this as "cheap". TF2 is the most expensive MP-portion any company has released and all the Orange box portions are over-priced. By over-pricing the individual components, they change your perception of what's expensive and what isn't, making a $45 packet easier to swallow.

Oh, and they throw in a demo. Excuse me, beta, my bad.

Back