Pre-Purchase The Orange Box, Play Team Fortress 2 Next Week

Really... I haven't seen them any where else but in the Orange Box. :/
I guess you can't. They list them individually with the price when viewing the Orange Box on steam but only list the packages they are in when you click on the game.

I guess you can't. They list them individually with the price when viewing the Orange Box on steam but only list the packages they are in when you click on the game.

Oh well... I'm not in any hurry to play them.

I'll probably just put the Orange Box on my Christmas list.

After they had the HL2/CSS/HL2DM and DODS packages for a bit, they started selling them individually.

It's a VERY good deal for any newcomers to the franchise. I'm just a little sore over the fact that the real fans are being treated equal to everyone who has avoided the games for the past 3 years.

3 new games for AU$55 over Steam is freakin awesome, beats the hell out of paying $100 for 1 new game in stores.

The Radeon HD 2900 XT comes with The Black Box for free. Would it have been cheaper without it? Should I be annoyed if I buy The Orange Box and later upgrade to a 2900 XT and get games I already own for free?

Ugh now we have to endure the wait..........................still waiting........................:|

Bah Valve stopped accepting e-cheques.

/waits for debit card to arrive in the mail.

The Radeon HD 2900 XT comes with The Black Box for free. Would it have been cheaper without it? Should I be annoyed if I buy The Orange Box and later upgrade to a 2900 XT and get games I already own for free?
My guess is that the video card would be the same price. ATI/AMD probably paid a lump sum to Valve to promote more video card sales. So the game is already paid for, not by you but by ATI/AMD. And it's for promotion so they would not include the price back into the video card. I know that was the case back with HL2 and 9800 Pro video cards.

I hope this Peggle game keeps me occupied until October 10. So what's the deal with this beta version of tf2? Is the beta just an earlier build? At first I thought "Oh no it's still in beta, it's gonna be delayed". Will we know when any of the three games are gold?

Pre-purchased'd.

and Okidoki brings up a good point...if TF2 is in beta, doesn't this indicate that it isn't finished yet? Maybe we're testing for the first patch after release?

Pre-purchased'd.

and Okidoki brings up a good point...if TF2 is in beta, doesn't this indicate that it isn't finished yet? Maybe we're testing for the first patch after release?

I'd hazard that the term 'beta' is really an excuse to encourage the hardcore such as our good selves to purchase it through Steam and play it early, rather than buy the retail edition when it hits the shelves (retail = less money for Valve vs Steam). Given Valves track record I expect TF2, Portal and HL²Ep2 have all been tested to death under a variety of conditions.

TF2 beta will be testing some features from the Steam Community update, achivement type things that have been known for a bit. Not to mention we're helping them with finding bugs with our wide range of hardware combo's they don't have inhouse. It's about like the first CS:S beta back in August 2004, but I think we'll have more than 1 map :)

Back