Princess Jen...The Repercussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you feel that way, I don't, and this isn't a light matter concerning it's around twenty accounts now, as well as using proxies. It's harrasment. We have already tracked it to his ISP and I will be speaking with them tomorrow to coordinate something with local law enforcement. So don't think I'm joking or trying to scare him...

Icarus said:
I'm glad you feel that way, I don't, and this isn't a light matter concerning it's around twenty accounts now, as well as using proxies. It's harrasment. We have already tracked it to his ISP and I will be speaking with them tomorrow to coordinate something with local law enforcement. So don't think I'm joking or trying to scare him...

If only we can do this stuff to those ***** morons too. err, its blocked out I guess. but I mean that group of script kiddy hackers that comes onto forums and reveals spoilers to games. starts with an M, ends with a t. has a ygo in there somewhere.

To be honest, it is possible with them, but I feel this is more serious

qckbeam said:
I repeat, this is ridiculous.

Come on dude, I think he heard you. No need to repeat it again and again unless you want to get on their nerves.

People actually belived it to be an actual lass? And sent money to him/her?

Someone dispatch the idiot police.

It doesn't matter how many accounts he had, or how disruptive to the forum he was, that's all besides the point. There's no law against being a prick. It's the fact that he tricked (ie. defrauded) a person, that he's facing possible legal action.

Also the fact that they were dumb enough to send him/her money doesn't matter either. :LOL: LOL, though that should be a lesson to gullible people.

Tr0n said:
So how long does he get banned?Perma?

Seeing as that he might lose his internet connection and have to make an appearance in court.... I'd say yeah.

Dux said:
People actually belived it to be an actual lass? And sent money to him/her?

Someone dispatch the idiot police.

We have already tracked their accounts to their respective ISP's and I will be speaking with them tomorrow to coordinate something with the local idiot police. So don't think I'm joking or trying to scare them...

qckbeam said:
We have already tracked their accounts to their respective ISP's and I will be speaking with them tomorrow to coordinate something with the local idiot police. So don't think I'm joking or trying to scare them...

I swear, i'm going to go to bed, and wake up to a banned qckbeam too. Hrm, come on guys, dont you like these forums anymore?

Raziaar said:
I swear, i'm going to go to bed, and wake up to a banned qckbeam too. Hrm, come on guys, dont you like these forums anymore?
Well...I dunno.The forums are getting a little bit boring.Like everyones always bitching about bush and kerry...I think this situation was a kick in the ass for everyone today (yesterday since it's 3:43 am here).

Raziaar said:
Hrm, come on guys, dont you like these forums anymore?

With the current influx of idiots, no.

Tr0n said:
Well...I dunno.The forums are getting a little bit boring.Like everyones always bitching about bush and kerry...I think this situation was a kick in the ass for everyone today (yesterday since it's 3:43 am here).

I'm sure it'll taper off after the election scandal is over.

Raziaar said:
qck is a friend of mine, or at least I consider him one, so he knows I won't ban him. Still is a bit insulting coming from him though. :(

LOLOLOLOL

Really can't believe people believed this freak! I read about 30 pages of the thread and then left - but why did these people send him money!? Did they think they were gonna get favours in return? Good god this is sad...

The guy was an idiot sure, but I fail to see how anyone can do anything about it besides ban him. Harassing people on an internet site is hardly against the law.

As for fraud, I don't see how you could get that to stick. I suppose it's possible that what he did was technically a form of fraud in the strictest sense, but I doubt anything could be done about it.

Essentially if I say right now:

"Hey I'm a girl, please send me money."

I just did the same thing.

Also, he never offered anything in return. All he did was pretend to be a girl. Yes, that was a deception, but not one that had any reasonable causal relationship with the transfer of money. So basically if any legal action was taken against him, in my opinion you'd be laughed out of court.

For an analogy, we're talking about trying to convict a transvestite beggar of fraud for dressing like a women. As far as I know, pretending to be the opposite gender does not constitute fraud, in and of itself.

I think its good what Icarus is doing. People need to realise that just because it is the internet and you cannot see the other person, does not mean its OK to commit crimes. Whether the person who donated money to them was dum or not is not a defense in a legal argument. You cannot simply say 'if they were dumb enough to donate to me they deserve to loose money!' It is still taking advantage of someone else, and is still wrong, and should still be punished.

InsaneCow said:
I think its good what Icarus is doing. People need to realise that just because it is the internet and you cannot see the other person, does not mean its OK to commit crimes. Whether the person who donated money to them was dum or not is not a defense in a legal argument. You cannot simply say 'if they were dumb enough to donate to me they deserve to loose money!' It is still taking advantage of someone else, and is still wrong, and should still be punished.

Ok, perhaps I'm missing something here.

Explain to me exactly what law he broke please.

Neutrino said:
Ok, perhaps I'm missing something here.

Explain to me exactly what law he broke please.
Icarus I think goes to law school or something that has to do with the law...so ask him.I think he knows what he is doing.

Shuzer said:
This site has gone downhill. I think it's dead, and time for me to move on. Too much drama, too much ego; this site is no longer what it was. It's something different.. something.. that's no longer a fun place to be. It's too congested now, and is taken far too seriously.

Yes, aka QFE.

What an immature imbecile. I fully support the mods in whatever action they chose to take in regards to DeathSeeker or whatever other name he wishes to use.
Good job Icarus :thumbs:

haha! i see it all now

"halflife2.net scandal - the movie!"

o.k... First things first the money. Did people donate it to him without him asking for it or did someone say "hello im an idiot!!!oMG! Girls take your top off and send a picture !!1..I'll give you money!!!"
If this is so then they should be banned as well :\. And unforunatly evidence is a little bit low here to send it to courts. I mean this guy could had send pictures back to the person and the person is too afraid to say therefore it was a legal transaction. You have to make sure and find out exactly how much money this is, if it barely any it clearly isnt worth it

i applaud you, james/icarus. would that more people could be as responsible and mature as you.

btw, if any of you think i'm kissing ass, then F UCK OFF. not only is this fraud serious, but more importantly all the harrassment that's gone on ... since whenever it started tonight/today is very grave.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who saw this trainwreck coming from a mile off. People stupid enough to give that creature money deserve what they get, but on the other hand, if you can put a thorn in the side of that same steaming turd, then go for it.

I love the internet.

i wish to re-enact the scene - using stickmen!
can i have rights to the movie?
and i need some witnesses to help perform a reconstruction. :D

be prepareed for hl2.net : the making of
and the soundtrack!

People actually gave money? You have to be atleast a little sceptical on things like this...

Hmph. Wow! I can't believe this. How was Jen involved?
Who would send him money anyway?

who need girlfriends... this is exactly the reason why they CANT get girls....

people actually gave mon.. oh wait.. that questions been asked 4,000 times already. come on people, seriously, can't you read? :|

anyway, i would like icarus or another mod to let us know a little more on the specifics of the legal infringement that took place here (if possible). it does sound like the onus is on the retarded donators, not the recipient, but i'm no lawyer (yet), so a little background info would be appreciated. or is it that the level of site harrasment is sufficient to file a lawsuit (and the donations are completely peripheral)?

it's just out of raw curiosity for me. :)

Icarus said:
qck is a friend of mine, or at least I consider him one, so he knows I won't ban him. Still is a bit insulting coming from him though. :(
Whoa hold on there. You won't ban him simply because he's your friend? Well that's nice and cuddly and all but isn't that a little strange? Hey come on. Let's all be Icarus' friends & he won't ban us ;)

Sorry. I think this you're doing is good. I remember a few weeks ago when I got into a argument with some people here that imbeciles who do this sort of things just by simply breaking the forum laws (and in this case even The Law) can be banned for life & that talks with the ISP could very well be the ultimate outcome (as in him getting his connection closed).

I was being called an asshole & a stupid 'tard practically. When I bloody knew this was certainly the case. It has happened before (maybe not here though). This proves it. I hope those people sees this & know that I was right.

Good job :thumbs:

MadHatter said:
Whoa, some people actually sent him money? You gotta be kidding me... I have to doubt this or else I'll lose hope in humanity... Well, atleast the 'man' part of humanity.

So Princess_Jen was actually a guy? Who the hell was he posting pics of?

Death.Trap said:
So Princess_Jen was actually a guy? Who the hell was he posting pics of?

Someone who apparently didn't say he could...

Just something else to add to the bit pot of why he wasn't really a nice human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back