PS4 or Xbox One

• PS4

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters
Having enjoyed my PS3 more than my Xbox, I actually preordered PS4 already. So, I guess, I'm going with that.

Edit: Why isn't there a "both" option? There are many people who enjoy consoles so they buy the lot of the generation. Not including the option in the poll, and including a "vs." in the title, suggests that its a competition.

I'll buy both probably after a couple years and model revisions.

I have already preordered the PS4. I have a PS Plus subscription till 2015, so I ought to put it to good use. This will be the first time I will own a console during its infancy.

Leaning toward PS4, but any decisions would be made later in time based on the library of games (launch lineups are too limited).

Preordered my PS4 about seven weeks ago. Mandatory Kinect = Mandatory Avoidance. Plus PS4 has OctoDad.

If anything it'll probably be a PS4 but I'm pretty happy to sit out this console generation until such time as there are a number of really great games on either platform that I can't just run on PC. Doubt I'll get one before the inevitable price drop, at least.

If anything it'll probably be a PS4 but I'm pretty happy to sit out this console generation until such time as there are a number of really great games on either platform that I can't just run on PC. Doubt I'll get one before the inevitable price drop, at least.
The way you did it this generation is probably the right way. Get in at the end, so you don't need to wait around for good games to come out for it.

Would have been if I hadn't bought a 360 really early on. Not that I didn't get plenty of enjoyment out of it, but I could have waited a while longer since the main deciding factor was that the PS3s was way overpriced here at the time. But yeah, I'm really eager to catch up on a few exclusives I missed out on. Want to grab Demon's Souls and Heavy Rain at some point, a few things off PSN (Tokyo Jungle heck yes), and then further down the track the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection, as well as maybe Beyond, Dragon's Crown looks neat too. Another motivating factor for getting it sooner rather than later was to have something to play GTA V on, since it doesn't seem like PC is happening at launch and I'm an impatient mother****er when it comes to certain games.

The Xbox One is so unappealing to me, and before I get a PS4, I'll stick with the master race

Adam Sessler thinks there isn't any difference between 1080p and 720p, "gaming journalism integrity"

I guess COD: Ghosts will have an install of 49GB on the PS4. Are developers just saying "**** it" and making cross-platform games have mandatory installs because the Xbone requires it?

yeah the master race of poop LEL
icDAk.gif

Well, I missed the preorder window. However, there's a Best Buy across from the San Antonio airport I'll be flying into tomorrow. I called up a few buddies and we're gonna give it a try for their midnight launch thing.

Update: Out of like 80 people at the store, I was one of 10-15 people who didn't get a ticket. They ran out with the person right in front of me. I was pissed. However, when I got home, I went on the PS4 subreddit and found a post indicating Amazon had opened up sales again. Sealed an order just before they ran out again (it was like 30 minute window apparently). It's being delivered later today. :happy:

I'm slightly worried about what to expect. Apparently many have been receiving DOA consoles. At this time it can't really be determined whether these cases fall within the expected manufacturer error or if people just have easier access to speaking out about DOAs via the internet since the launch of last generation. Here's a list of cases thus far for those interested. There's probably even more on Reddit somewhere.

I haven't even been following the release (didn't even know it was to be released this week), but have heard that the PS4 is having serious problems already. We fix PS3s at the shop I work at, I wonder how long until we have someone asking us to fix one of these.

Jesus ****ing christ. So, UPS apparently delivered my PS4 today. However, I AM NOT HOME. I'm stuck in San Antonio because of the shitstorm that raged through the Midwest last night. I have no idea how they delivered it. I did not buzz them into my apartment building remotely and I do not have a door man. I live in the middle of Chicago (as urban as it gets), so I have no idea where they left the package. It could be outside of the front entry exposed to any of the 3 million people who walk by or whatever rain is still remaining up there. I received a call from the delivery guy around 2:00PM because he buzzed my apartment (my door buzzer is connected to my phone, so I use my phone as the intercom). I denied the call so he'd just leave the UPS missed delivery notice so that they could deliver it the next day. Somehow the guy still dropped it off..

What the ****. How could they even deliver it without a signature?!?! With three games, that's like a $500 package? What the...

Well, I guess I'll find out if it's still there when I get home from my flight tonight. I need to find a friend to stop by and see if it's even there/collect it if it is. Jesus. This is ridiculous.

so i found some dude's PS4 on the sidewalk the other day and it has FIVE ****ING GAMES. #midwest#play#station

Back