Pyro Upgrade Dated and Meet The Sniper Released

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
<div align="center"></div>[br]Word reaches us from Rock, Paper, Shotgun regarding the release dates for the Pyro Upgrade and the latest 'Meet The' with Meet The Sniper.[br]Tuesday at 11am PDT/7pm GMT Meet The Sniper will be released to the waiting public. RELEASED - see video here: MEET THE SNIPER[br]Thursday will see the mega-Pyro changes occur whereby players will be able to procure 35 new Pyro-specific achievements and earn three new unlockables. We can also expect to see two new user-created TF2 maps appear in this update.[br]All this leads up to Friday which will see the launch of a new Free Team Fortress 2 Weekend. From 11am PDT/7pm GMT on Friday anyone and everyone will be able to play Team Fortress 2.[br]Picture and information from Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

LOL. I just posted this in the TF2 section because none of you editors were online.

I was on Steam (not our chat) and in the RPS Chat :arms:

I was on Steam (not our chat) and in the RPS Chat :arms:
I checked Steam, and I swear I didn't see your name unless I don't have you on Steam.

WTF is RPS Chat? :p

Sweet. Which two user-created maps? I'd guess, offhand, that at least one of them will be Redstone... but we'll see.

Oh. That makes sense now. Hahah.

I added you! YAY! :D

This week!? Wow, that was unexpected!!
Can't wait :D

Ugh. My steam won't allow me to connect. It keeps giving me connection error, and yet, not one thing changed in the 5 minutes it stopped working.

WTF? :(

Hmm. Might be working now.

I still can't wait for the update! I <3 the Pyro.

Somebody pinch me. I must be dreaming. Valve like released something fast, and kept their word. HOLY SH--! :eek::eek::eek:

Can't wait for Meet the Sniper

GOD ****ING DAMN YOU ****ING ORANGE ****ING BOX ON ****ING 360 I WANT SOME ****ING UPDATES ****!

Kick ****ing ass! This came out of nowhere and damn that was fast.

Alrighty, after having a pleasant few rounds on a great server.

I can say that I'm now a lot more optimistic about the update.
Playing as the Pyro is so fun.

*e-hugs toaster-chan*

What other weapon upgrades is the Pyro getting besides the Axetinguisher ?

Woah. That's like today, man.

Glad they picked the Sniper, he needs developement the most (as well as the Medic).

YES! The update! Finaly I can burn them cocky Soldiers with more then one method! WHOO!

Edit:

Damn, it's comming out in the evening for me. DAMN TIMEZONES!

I don't really need another excuse to play pyro, but this certainly won't discourage me. Maybe I'll play it on offense instead of just defense now.

This is likely a stupid question, but will you have to start over regarding the new pyro achievements or is it possible to have some of them as soon as the update is released? For example, if one of the new achievements is 'kill 20 medics with the axe', if I've killed 12 before, will I have to kill 20 more? I imagine it works the same as the medic, but I rarely played medic before the unlockables so I wasn't sure how it worked.

This is highly unlike Valve. Hmm.

I anticipated user-created maps coming out officially, but not this soon! I also anticipated the Pyro coming out soon, but not this soon! And by gum, it's dated! My hype has just hit the roof!!

Oh fuck, I have work to do this week.

Shitting hell.

Well I expected it to come out faster but not SO faster...

*hugs back*

*hugs......OHGODWHATISTHISPRESSINGUPAGAINSTMYLEG*

FURTHERMORE in addition to my extreme excitement over the Pyro, I'd like to point out that I have a crush on the Sniper. Which just makes everything BETTER.

*hugs the sniper*

*hugs everyone in this thread*

*hug hug hug GODDAMMIT*

GOD DAMNIT YOU'RE CRUSHING ME

*dies*

Just to clarify this information from RPS is taken from a press release Doug Lombardi sent out at the same time, so this news should have been taken from the original source rather than third party. To conclude this is legimate information still, and we will see Meet the Sniper later today.

I still have a raging hard on Stern, no matter what you do to keep it at bay.

i wonder what the general changes to the pyro will be...

Back