Pyro Upgrade Dated and Meet The Sniper Released

But, wait. They promised a Pyro update website..where is it?

That's been moved to tomorrow. Probably because of huge strain been put on their servers at the moment. :p

Shacknews said:
Though Meet the Sniper was originally slated to debut alongside the details of Thursday's update, including a list of Pyro achievements and weapon details, Valve informed Shacknews that those details are now slated to arrive tomorrow, June 18.

Source.

new pyro gun is in the video as well as a hint that Valve may bring back the citizen for VIP (bobblehead)

I won't say it's the best 'Meet The' video, but damn if it wasn't AWESOME.

Awesome. The music did it for me, as well as the psuedo-britishness of the Sniper (yes, I know he's australian, but he acts like a brit).

Awesome. The music did it for me, as well as the psuedo-britishness of the Sniper (yes, I know he's australian, but he acts like a brit).

Australians are exiled Brits.

And yes, it was mofuggin' awesome, best one in my book. Some really good jokes in there.

"Dad, uh, I'm a... not a crazed gunman dad, I'm an assassin!"
"Well the difference bein', one's a job, the other mental sickness!"

Also, noticed the jars of piss when he's waiting for his prey?

Grizzly mentioned the jars of urine, so I'm gonna skip that and point out that the new pyro (primary/secondary...I'm thinking shotgun replacement...mainly because I don't think they will change the flamethrower that drastically(although I wouldn't mind really))weapon is showcased in this video... looks like we'll get an incendiary launcher of some sort.

prynewweapon.jpg

Be polite.
Be efficient.
Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I like how Valve are opening up to the fact that maybe the Team are not just killing machines, just doing their job. Although the Sniper really seems like the only class so far who understands his actions.

Anyone know which map the video is centred in? I don't recognise it.

Looks like a flaregun.

yup.

I'm thinking it might be the shotty replacement... a single shot(then reload) version of the scouts scatter gun, and it lights anyone it hits on fire. or maybe a normal kinda shotty where crits will set people on fire instead of double damage.

"I think his mate saw me."
*BANG*
"YUP, he did"

I think the part were he snipers the pyro is the beggining of goldrush, 3rd stage. The demoman bit is probably not from a map.

Best one so far, and i absolutely loved the music.
Can wait for the next one, whatever that will be.
Lol, i just realised the sniper drives a camper, figures he would

Harhar! They keep getting better. Give us an animated movie, Valve.

Yeah, this is Pixar quality all the way. Also: WOOT FLAREGUN!

Also: in the beginning level with the Demo, is that, by any chance, a custom map?

They get better all the time. Won't bother repeating what everyone else has said, but there's only 3 left now! :(

new pyro gun is in the video as well as a hint that Valve may bring back the citizen for VIP (bobblehead)

Pretty sure they've said that the "Payload" maps are the replacement for Hunted, as it doesn't rely on a single player for the attacking team to win. I think the bobblehead was simply a nod to the citizen character.

With the "I think his mate saw me" part, I liked the camera movement -- ie, handheld-style, as if a cameraman from a documentary series had to move QUICK.

They get better all the time. Won't bother repeating what everyone else has said, but there's only 3 left now! :(

I don't see them stopping their.

They'll probably do a Red vs Blue type series.

I thought I couldn't love Valve more than I already did, but my God they've done it again. If they were a woman I would not tell them how I feel every damn day.

I can't decide which is funnier- the demoman getting the bottle in one eye, and that's where the eyepatch comes from, or him getting it in his one good eye.

I guess that's what leads to him uh, blindly shooting grenades off and falling into an explosion.

I can't decide which is funnier- the demoman getting the bottle in one eye, and that's where the eyepatch comes from, or him getting it in his one good eye.

His good eye. He lost the first one when he was 6.

How? 4 words.

Loch Ness Monster. Explosives.

His good eye. He lost the first one when he was 6.

How? 4 words.

Loch Ness Monster. Explosives.

Actually, he lost it sometime after he went to university or something. He lost his adoptive parents when he was six.

edit, checkit- A fierce temper, a fascination with all things explosive, and a terrible plan to kill the Loch Ness Monster cost the six year old Demoman his original set of adoptive parents. Later, back at the Crypt Grammar School for Orphans near Ullapool in the Scottish Highlands, the boy's bomb-making skills improved dramatically. His disposition and total number of intact eyeballs, however, did not.

"Oh i think his mate saw me..."

*rifle fire, ricochet*

"Yes he did!"

Good vid. Except the accents...especially the Sniper

Back