RainBow Six:Vegas 2

C

Cavalry

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/842/842180p1.html

tom-clancys-rainbow-six-vegas-2-200.jpg

:bounce::bounce::bounce::D:cheese:

Cool. I haven't heard of it yet.

The only thought I can have while looking at that picture is "Damn, COD4 wins."

CoD4 does win,but RS games are always worth checking out,and this is probably no different

Sigh, most recent RS games have been mediocre IMO, far too action-focused..

The best R6 is still Rogue Spear, and it's over 8 years old..

The last game the R6 series did right was with Ravenshield. After that, it went down the shithole.

The best R6 is still Rogue Spear, and it's over 8 years old..

+1. The only R6 games I REALLY played were Rogue Spear and the original R6 on N64. I've played many of them since then but not really enjoyed them. Vegas was good but... there are a lot of better games.

I personally loved Rainbow Vegas, can't wait for another one.

Vegas kind of sucked. Raven Shield was the last truly good one. If they make it more like Raven Shield or Rogue Spear then I'll be much happier.

not really, he's just a software development manager so he works with coding types

.. Tom Clancy games every 5 seconds. Tom Clancy's Terrorist Orgy is next.

no,actually,it supposed be Tom Clancy's Airborn
originally,it was to be-
GRAW 2
Airborn
EndWar

now its-
Airborn
Vegas 2
GRAW 3?
new Splinter Cell?
EndWar

The only good RS games were the original, the expansion, Rogue Spear, and Covert Operations.

They actually had, like, tactics n shit.

rs07.jpg

Rainbow.gif

rs_shot9_big.gif

ahhh,I don't check for splinter cell games,I hate sneaking around n shit
but I figured there would be a new SC if theres a new R6 and GRAW 2 was released

agreed to an extent,I enjoyed jumping through windows,and the peek-around-corners thing was pure win

ahhh,I don't check for splinter cell games,I hate sneaking around n shit
but I figured there would be a new SC if theres a new R6 and GRAW 2 was released
I guess that means that you didnt like the true Rainbow Six games seeing as they relied heavily on stealth and covert operations.:)

The only good RS games were the original, the expansion, Rogue Spear, and Covert Operations.

They actually had, like, tactics n shit.

rs07.jpg

Rainbow.gif

rs_shot9_big.gif

Not to mention an intro that was seven different flavours of awesome.

I guess that means that you didnt like the true Rainbow Six games seeing as they relied heavily on stealth and covert operations.:)

nope,I ran out,all guns blazin,I didn't care who got shot or not because they all died eventually

**** me I loved Rogue Spear.

*tracks it down in bargain bin*

Rogue Spear had one of the most atmospheric missions i have arguably ever played, it was one mission that was pure stealth, you had to sneak into a mountainside lodge(the default soldier for this mission was Asian afair) and plant a few bugs, behind a painting, in a telephone etc. Jeez you could cut the tension with a knife in that mission.

I loved spending hours upon hours perfecting my pre-planning thing. I would have it so perfect that I could put it on the hardest level difficulty with the most terrorists, achieve every objective flawlessly without any casualties (including civilian) and within a really short time frame.

Man that game was sweet.

Rogue Spear had one of the most atmospheric missions i have arguably ever played, it was one mission that was pure stealth, you had to sneak into a mountainside lodge(the default soldier for this mission was Asian afair) and plant a few bugs, behind a painting, in a telephone etc. Jeez you could cut the tension with a knife in that mission.

Sounds awesome, I've unfortunately only ever played Ghost Recon.

If R6 is anything like SWAT 4 though, it must be awesome.

I loved spending hours upon hours perfecting my pre-planning thing. I would have it so perfect that I could put it on the hardest level difficulty with the most terrorists, achieve every objective flawlessly without any casualties (including civilian) and within a really short time frame.

Man that game was sweet.

The levels were also great for replaying, Terrorist patrol routes were changed on repeat plays meaning there was no '2 gaurds in this room' etc. While levels were fairly 'boxy' there was always a choice between routes to take.

There was also numerous gamemodes too, terrorist hunt, lone wolf etc. The amount of weapons and technology you could utilise was great too.

Sounds awesome, I've unfortunately only ever played Ghost Recon.

If R6 is anything like SWAT 4 though, it must be awesome.

Yeah, thing about this mission was is you had no weapons, you could only use 1 guy so had to pick a guy with high stealth skills, fast/quiet mover etc. AWESOME MISSION!

RAINBOW VEGAS had such bad graphics last year. Not the players or the weapons, but the enemies, and buildings, and especially buildings from a distance. And omse of the weapons had the same textures. Overall, it was great for some reason.

Vegas beats the hell out of the older rainbow six games in my opinion.

I understand that the first few R6 games until RS had the simulation aspect down in terms of the camouflage choice, arsenal selection, mission planning etc., but I just didn't have nearly as much fun as I did playing vegas. Some of you are talking about these stealth missions like they had great gameplay and were actually fun.

What the hell? You can't be seen, and you can't even shoot your weapon. You have to wait until the bad guys patrol cycle is at the right spot so you can then move to the next room and wait 5 minutes to continue. That isn't fun - that's horrible.

Personally I liked the action movie feeling of rainbow six - and they kept my favorite part of the whole series: one shot kills. That being said, I wish they would reintroduce the fine tuned planning aspects to the new rainbow six series.

Vegas beats the hell out of the older rainbow six games in my opinion.

I understand that the first few R6 games until RS had the simulation aspect down in terms of the camouflage choice, arsenal selection, mission planning etc., but I just didn't have nearly as much fun as I did playing vegas. Some of you are talking about these stealth missions like they had great gameplay and were actually fun.

What the hell? You can't be seen, and you can't even shoot your weapon. You have to wait until the bad guys patrol cycle is at the right spot so you can then move to the next room and wait 5 minutes to continue. That isn't fun - that's horrible.

Personally I liked the action movie feeling of rainbow six - and they kept my favorite part of the whole series: one shot kills. That being said, I wish they would reintroduce the fine tuned planning aspects to the new rainbow six series.
Some of us actually like a few little things called strategy and realism. Shocking, I know.

I love Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear unconditionally. They really were the pinnacle of the franchise in my opinion. Never before was I so worried about actually getting something right. I wanted all of my teammates to live, because if they were killed, that was it. There were no respawns, no magic hospital visits or mysterious needles. And those terrorists with the itchy trigger fingers would kill hostages quickly and without mercy. I found myself taking my time when necessary, but there were plenty of moments of action and sheer terror when actually taking down terrorists.

It sounds to me like you never really played the games. You had to fire your weapon quite a bit, though if you were good you could keep it to a minimum.

Vegas was fun for what it was, but it certainly wasn't a Rainbow Six game. The lack of planning, lack of more teammates, and Hollywood-style action thrills is NOT Rainbow Six. It's something else. It's GRAW in the Rainbow Six universe, keeping in mind, of course, that GRAW is not a Ghost Recon game. They're fast, flashy, and easy. It's not bad, but it's certainly not the same.

Having said all that, now I really want to fire up some Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon :E

The draw, for me, of the earlier R6 games was the challenge. And I mean real tactical challenge, not "holy shit I'd better hide behind this wall until I miraculously stop dying long enough to pop off another 600 baddies."

Edit - That said the AI did, admittedly, suck big frosty donkey bawls (arg, the snow levels).

rainbow six: vegas treads dangerously close to a generic squad based shooter ..the elements that made rainbow 6 memorable have been so watered down that there's nothing to differentiate it from any of the other squad shooters ...that said I paid $19 for a new copy just to play co-op so I'm not complaining all that much ..but to say the game is "great" is an overstatement

Back