Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yawn...you guys give it a rest now and let other people use this thread? We've done this debate too many times no one seems to care any more. I'll keep an eye on this thread now...lets use it properly.

The Hangover - 6/10

Mildly funny, interesting cameo from Mike Tyson. The 4 main characters all have diverse enough personalities to make their interactions throughout the film humourous but still very safe in terms of comedy. Some great one liners (doesn't hold a candle to Anchorman though), worth a watch on a boozy night with some mates if you're not fussy.

NO. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS WAS WRONG.

WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH.

The Italian Job - 7/10

Would get an 8 but it loses a lot of momentum in the middle. Incredible driving, and an awesome cliffhanger ending. A classic!

What, because I enjoyed this more than the ones listed? It was a better film than the humourless attempts that I gave. IMO of course.

Or maybe you'd like to explain your comment.

Role Models is just about as run of the mill as any comedy I've seen, it's just a compilation of the humor that's made up standard American comedies for the past couple years. Zach and Miri was much better, at the very least it tried new things. It was fairly believeable and fairly charming and I cared about the characters and it was pretty damn funny throughout. I haven't seen Sarah Marshall, to be fair, but I heard it was pretty brilliant.

Children of Men : 8.5/10

Man, watching it in HD made me realize how badass Sid's uniform is.

Sid.jpg

sid2.jpg

Pretty cool.

Don't make me come over there.

The CGI was fine, but wtf it takes more than CGI to make a good movie. Like it takes more than pretty graphics to make a good game.

The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane -- 9/10

Old movie (1976) with Jodie Foster as a kid. If you've read and liked the Ronald Dahl story "The Landlady", this movie has a similar mood and elements although considerably less creepy since

even though the little girl kills a bunch of people, it only happens unintentionally or to protect herself. So in the end she's a pretty likeable character.

Reno 911!: Miami 7/10

I loled at many times, and I also ended up text messaging at many times. the boobies were nice in this unrated version. also i never really watched much of the show but i imagine its pretty similar

Reno 911!: Miami 7/10

I loled at many times, and I also ended up text messaging at many times. the boobies were nice in this unrated version. also i never really watched much of the show but i imagine its pretty similar

Favorite part of watching unrated movies. Some have boobies. Its not like its that special, but it just catches you by surprise. Wait, theres a Reno 911 movie? Wow. I like the show so...

Favorite part of watching unrated movies. Some have boobies. Its not like its that special, but it just catches you by surprise. Wait, theres a Reno 911 movie? Wow. I like the show so...

its a really short movie, like 80 mins, rent it

Role Models is just about as run of the mill as any comedy I've seen, it's just a compilation of the humor that's made up standard American comedies for the past couple years. Zach and Miri was much better, at the very least it tried new things. It was fairly believeable and fairly charming and I cared about the characters and it was pretty damn funny throughout. I haven't seen Sarah Marshall, to be fair, but I heard it was pretty brilliant.

I guess we have to disagree. I still don't see how this makes my opinion backwards though. I found Zack and Miri completely boring, lacking any actual moments that made me laugh. A little smile maybe, but when I watch a comedy I like to laugh and I did with Rolemodels. Sarah Marshall did have moments that made me laugh but it may as well have been called the "Russel Brand Show" as he's the only one that was funny.

Glory 9/10

with it being almost the 4th of July I just had to watch a war movie. this one i remember watching as a child and i liked it back then and i still like it to this day. morgan freeman, matthew broderick, and denzel washington are just a few of the known actors i can list that stood out in this movie. its about the runaway slaves being turned into soldiers during the American Civil war and its an excellent movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back