Recomend your games (post games that very few people know)

<RJMC>

The Freeman
Reaction score
the point of this thread is to recomend some games that not everyone know (or mentined) and a reazon of why you like it

IMO this thread will be nice cuz some menber can get a litle review of a game and maybe hav a interest on it,also that are good games that will like to "share" whit everybody so this is a way to do it

but ofcourse post games that are not too famous and maybe old

my 2 first recomendation

Cronicles of Riddick: escape of butcher bay
in Xbox and PC(soon)

this is one of the best FPS ever cuz mix stealth, hand to hand combat, and shooter action and more elements and hav a deeply storyline

storyline: if you are a fan of Riddick movies or you just like it you will like this game(but if you never see the movies and you play the game first,you will want to see the movies)
is bassed before pitch black in the triple max security prison Butcher Bay, and you must escape of it, and will not be easy

I could say that is comparable to Half-Life for the deep feeling stuff and also hav original things like the hand-to-hand combat stile, also hav best graphics so far, the only game I know comparable in graphics is Doom3 and if you look the graphics of bot games you can say that is the same,but the graphics of this game has some cool effect that give a 3D apareace to the textures and for that you will see very detailed models and levels

the game is not so long that you may think but once you will complete it you will want to complet it again,for example to recolects the special stuff or complete mission you hav not completed,also is more liberal that you think(but you are inside a prision)

so the final veredict is that Cronicles of Riddick:escape of butcher bay is a very good FPS action game, too bad it dont hav a multiplayer,but still is a higly recomended game by me

(second)

the Suffering

for PS2 and Xbox and PC

this is a horror and scary game whit a intriguin and original storiline and very addictive

storiline: you are a prisioner called Torque that was send to the worst prision on earth (yea I know this is another prision game), the Abbot penitenciary island, your crime is that you killed your wife and your 2 kids,but the questiong is....they are dead?, but there is something else in this prision, something deadly, and soon you will discover that are something not-human that is killing everibody, and is turning you into a killer too

the storiline (of what I hav played so far) is one of the most original ever,when you will playing trough the game you will know more about the mistery of this island...and the montesr that are inside, so you will recollect information,talk to another humans or heard the misterious voices that talk to you
in graphics are not the best but the level and characters are soo good made that you will not care about graphics,also hav a nice gameplay and easy control,one thing is that this game is in 3rd person view but you can change to first person view wherever you want, and your enemies will be very cool designed monters that will make you shoot them like a crazy man whit a machinegun

I didnt complete the game yet but I know it hav 3 endings that will depend on the actions you made,the endings are: (1) a "good" ending that happens when you do things like help anothers persons or dont kill anothers persons (but some persons wwill try to kill you so dont be so nice), (2) a "neutral" ending that happens when you are "equilibrated" ( I am not exactly sure), (3) a "evil" ending that happens when you are evil and kill everyone (but will be people that will hel you) so you will hav many reason to play the game

so final veredict: is agood adventure-horror game that you will love

that are my 2 recomendations I hope you like the games

What about good old Startopia? Hilarous to play, with an amazing amount of detail that still surpass many "room-building" games. Dont know how "famed" it is, but I dont think I've ever heard anyone talk about it...

ok people there is a game called Continuum aka subspace, its one of the longest online playing games still alive today, this game does not die, it just goes on. Its completely free and im a long time player and moderator at extreme-games.net, nickname: Mars

come here and try it out, its only 6 megs, give it a shot, what do yu have to lose ?

http://www.download.com/Continuum/3000-7422-10261822.html?tag=lst-0-1

it was one of the top ten game you have not played yet in a magazine.

try out, join extreme games.

i thought everyone knew about this game but none of my friends had heard about it until i showed it to them, postal 2.

very fun to just runa round and kill people the entire time, why? ebcause usually they are just innocent bystanders. you can kick the dead bodies around and its really fun. take off their heads with a shovel. make a pile of grenades (right clicking turns them into trip-wire type bomb things) and then run a puddle of gasoline away from it, wait until someone walks by and light the gas. so many possibilities.

Grim Fandango

If you're a fan of great games, do yourself a favour and buy it. Its probably one of the greatest and most original games ever made. aahhh memories

System Shock 2

Whilst it doesnt have as much action as Doom 3, and its no where nears as pretty as Doom 3, it absolutely SHITS on Doom 3 in every other aspect. Truly THE scariest games i've ever played as well as one of the most polished games.

Zelda: Ocarina Of Time

Best Game Ever.

Sparta said:
Grim Fandango

If you're a fan of great games, do yourself a favour and buy it. Its probably one of the greatest and most original games ever made. aahhh memories

Personally, I think Grim Fandango is over-rated. It's a great game for sure, but I think most of LucasArts' earlier 2D adventure titles were overall stronger games.

Money Island 1-3
Sam and Max
Day of the Tentacle
and Full Throttle

were all better than Grim Fandango IMO.

I really liked Maniac Mansion, even tho I never beat it. The graphics, interface, and gameplay were all piss-poor. It just had this charm to it...

Grim Fandango and System Shock 2 are indeed great.

Hmm, how about BattleZone (and its sequel, which was inferior in my opinion)? It pwned.

Discworld Noir
I've already made a thread explaining this games brillaince, do a search.

Dungeon Keeper
Greatest Stratergy game to grace the PC. Ever.

System Shock 2
What needs to be said? You should know how good this game is by now. It's Looking Glass!

Theif and Thief 2
What needs to be said? You should know how good this game is by now. It's Looking Glass!

Anyone with a PSX MUST invest in Suikoden and Suikoden 2, two of the best RPGs I've ever played. Damn Konami for not releasing Suikoden 3 or 4 in the UK. :(

I wouldn't call Japanese "RPGs" real RPGs... more like JRPGs.

Monkey Island Series - 4 is the newest.

Well, they simply rock.

Incredibly fun, funny, witty, alot of great memories from playing it. And it has monkeys and a main character called Guybrush Threepwood.

You play Guybrush Threepwood, a pirate and you go around, doing 'quests', solving puzzles etc.

Mechwarrior 4

Best Mech simulator. Enough said.

DarkStar said:
Personally, I think Grim Fandango is over-rated. It's a great game for sure, but I think most of LucasArts' earlier 2D adventure titles were overall stronger games.

Money Island 1-3
Sam and Max
Day of the Tentacle
and Full Throttle

were all better than Grim Fandango IMO.
Sam and Max, Day of The Tentacle and the first Monkey Island are in the same league as Grim Fandango, thats for sure. Full Throttle was fantastic but...i dunno it just lacked something that the others had.

I'm still sad that LucasArts cancelled Sam and Max Freelance Police :( Apparently it was 95% done when they cancelled it

Morrowind

For all 12 people who haven't played it. Best game ever.

Space Empires Gold (4X)

It ranks up there as one of the mothers-of-all-strategy. Complicated, long, fun. :)

I'd recommend trying to get Torrin's Passage, it's an awesome 2D medievalish adventure game, about Torrin and his journey after a darklord that killed his family, some trippy areas and alot of good effects and graphics.

It's probably hard to get it since it's pretty old and unknown, but it's published by Sierra and you could probably get a hold of it in some budgetgame area of a game/multimedia store.

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- This is equaly as good as OoT if you can get over the time limits, which tbh work out very well.

Discworld 2
- Probably the most funny of all the DW series and the easiest to get into.

Ultima 9: Ascension
- Once the patch came out and fixed nearly all of the major gameplay bugs this becomes an extreamly immersive and enjoyable game which runs rings around most RPGs even today.

:)

Sparta said:
Grim Fandango

I love you. Everything about this game was superb: The style of its art was sumptuous (a glorious mixture of art deco/nouveau and Aztec/Inca); its characters were memorable with fantastic dialogue; its puzzles were clever and satisfying and it has one of the best soundtracks ever made for a game. In fact, it surpasses most originally-composed film soundtracks too. A great mixture of be-bop, jazz and Latin American folk music. You can't buy it anymore as far as I know, but you can download it here.

It's a shame that LucasArts don't want to make any more adventure games - they would sell. I can't believe the bastards canned Sam & Max - it makes no sense whatsoever and they should be ashamed of themselves. But instead they'll keep pumping out Star Wars drivel. C*nts.

Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Easily one of the most inventive, varied, peculiar and hilarious games ever made. Buy it. Buy it now.

There was this game released absolutely agaes ago that not many people heard of - it was called Half Life, I think. It got decent enough reviews but it didn't do too well. Worth checking out if you see it somewhere. Apparently they're making a sequel, but I can't see it doing too well, to be honest.

Ancient games here:

Ruff 'n' Tumble: You play a young lad, name of Ruff Rogers, who's had his marbles nicked by Doctor Destiny and his Tinhead army (Apparently they're magic or a power source or something). So what does lil' Ruff do? Cry? Moan? Go running to his Mummy?

Nope. He goes and gets his variable-munition machine pistol, combs his bright yellow hair, and starts kicking metallic Tinhead butt. Hard. One of the best platformers for the Amiga, full-stop.

AutoDuel: Crappy graphics, great game. Build a car to kill bad guys to get money to build a better car to kill badguys with... classic...

Daggerfall, for its sheer size and the amount of places to explore, never knowing just what the devs might have put in there. Being able to buy houses and ships, horse and cart. Hunt for treasure, rob banks, go thieving on a night. Seasonal weather. Great atmosphere. Was a brilliant game.

The original No One Lives Forever. Okay so this isn't exactly "no-one knows about it" but it didn't sell too well which is a shame because it is an absolutely exemplary game and huge, too. A friend and I were playing at at about the same time and we both kept going: "Is there still more to go!?" Great stuff. NOLF 2 was far more limited and the story was a bit too silly. Still good though.

el Chi said:
The original No One Lives Forever. Okay so this isn't exactly "no-one knows about it" but it didn't sell too well which is a shame because it is an absolutely exemplary game and huge, too. A friend and I were playing at at about the same time and we both kept going: "Is there still more to go!?" Great stuff. NOLF 2 was far more limited and the story was a bit too silly. Still good though.

Amen, brother.

NOLF and NOLF 2 are among of the greatest games ever made in my opinion.

CrazyHarij said:
Amen, brother.

NOLF and NOLF 2 are among of the greatest games ever made in my opinion.
Well you would say that Harij! Even so, they're both intensely superb games... I preferred NOLF1 - what about you?
I wish they'd make a third - maybe after they release FEAR?

X-com: Apocalypse- best X-com title ever in my opinion. The originals were horribly buggy on my machine and they just failed to maintain my interest. There's just something great about slowly building up your knowledge of alien biology and technology, gradually turning your troops into fully-equipped alien killing badasses :sniper:

Oh, and anything from Spiderweb Software, they're just great. Very retro graphics (i.e., compared to even fairly aged games they look awful) but the games are epic and thoroughly enjoyable.

Attic Attack on the spectrum along with Sabre Wulf and Kokotini Wulf (sp). Bizarre games but ah the memories!

Then there was Army Moves on the speccy 128 (I think). Spy Hunter on the speccy was good also. As well as the Mony Mole games :).

Edcrab said:
X-com: Apocalypse- best X-com title ever in my opinion. The originals were horribly buggy on my machine and they just failed to maintain my interest. There's just something great about slowly building up your knowledge of alien biology and technology, gradually turning your troops into fully-equipped alien killing badasses :sniper:

Oh, and anything from Spiderweb Software, they're just great. Very retro graphics (i.e., compared to even fairly aged games they look awful) but the games are epic and thoroughly enjoyable.

Massive agreements on both counts. Did you notice how similar the Brainsuckers in XCom were to the Headcrabs in HL?

And Geneforge just rocks full-stop...

Sparta said:
Sam and Max, Day of The Tentacle and the first Monkey Island are in the same league as Grim Fandango, thats for sure. Full Throttle was fantastic but...i dunno it just lacked something that the others had.

I'm still sad that LucasArts cancelled Sam and Max Freelance Police :( Apparently it was 95% done when they cancelled it

The guy (Tim Shafer) behind Grim Fandango (One of the best games ever created... better than HL) also wrote Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle and the monkey island games.

My vote goes to Grim... Ah the memories... i love that game.

Viewtiful Joe. If you were ever a fan of the old-school beatem ups you wont be able to put it down.

el Chi said:
Well you would say that Harij! Even so, they're both intensely superb games... I preferred NOLF1 - what about you?
I wish they'd make a third - maybe after they release FEAR?

It's hard deciding which of the two was better, but I probably have to admit that I preferred NOLF1.
It started the whole thing after all, while the other games available were Delta Force: Land Warrior and various mindless shooters.
There were so many memorable areas.. The dialouge was superb aswell. :D

The second one was very well made though,
Monolith really proved they still got it with missions like the Evil Alliance and characters like Crazy Harij and the whole ninja business. :D

Contract:Jack however was a big disappointment.
They just scrapped everything that made the previous games so wonderful.

Yeah, I really hope they attempt doing a worthy 3rd part of NOLF, it'd probably be amazing. :)

Anyone remember:

Crusader - no regret
Crusader - no remorse
The dig
Sanitarium

:cheese:

Final Fantasy 7 (who didnt see this coming)
Final Fantasy 8
Chrono Trigger for SNES

Cybernoid said:
Grim Fandango and System Shock 2 are indeed great.

Hmm, how about BattleZone (and its sequel, which was inferior in my opinion)? It pwned.

I love blattlezone but I cant find the sequel :(

This game called Half life, anyone played it?

Escape Velocity, Escape Velocity: Override and Escape Velocity: Nova.

Greatest. Series. Ever.
Not sure if the first two are available for Windows though :(

Lunar Silver Star Story for ps and lunar 2 for ps, both great rpgs with excellent storylines, anime FMVs, extras, and MUSIC (ahh the music). Its one of the only ps games Ive kept after all these years, Ive sold every game except lunar 1 (never got lunar 2) :).

Cant wait for Cronicles of Riddick: escape of butcher bay to come out on pc. Im a big fan of the movies.

i've spent most of my gaming hours on baldur's gate1 and the sequal, and pretty much most any blackisle/bioware games

Baldurs Gate 2... great game, but Morrowinds beauty makes me load up that instead ... i dont have any non mainstream games that i play too often.
one which is great for lans...Armagetron ... superb game and addictive.

Dark Forces
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Alpha Centauri

Most of you know about most of thoes but they're my favorites next to HL of course. :)

Back