RedLetter: Attack of the Clones Review

Jumping the gun aren't you...

Loving it so far.

Aye, its great, hard not to disagree with him.

And jumping the gun? Maybe, someone was going to post it sooner or later, there no doubting that.

How about, post it when all the parts are out?

I could argue the point that the last star wars review post on this forum was posted incomplete too.

hahaha i love these. But where is part 7??? i cant find it

hasnt come out yet I guess

dave.jpg

Edit: part 3 is out.

Watched all nine, ****ing loved it. He makes some really good points, but the cut-scenes with the creepy stuff are getting boring.

I thought he was trying way too hard with his cutscenes this time around.

They were good before because they were so spontaneous.

Man, tons of good points in this.

Especially the ones about the lightsabers and young jedi.

Man, tons of good points in this.

Especially the ones about the lightsabers and young jedi.

Basically these reviews made me ashamed of ever liking those movies. Not that I really loved them, but I accepted them wholeheartedly.

I actually thought that Lucas' idea of replacing actors with CGI was based on the notion that he succeeded with the storytelling in the Star Wars prequels. But I can't remember a single ****ing plot point in any of the movies except the very ending of Episode 3.

I think this was better than the Episode 1 review tbh. I haven't seen Episode 2 in years so I completely forgot about the total shameless Blade Runner ripoff.

I think this was better than the Episode 1 review tbh. I haven't seen Episode 2 in years so I completely forgot about the total shameless Blade Runner ripoff.

In my opinion the first one does mildly better, particularly without all the ridiculous "i'm a murderer" cuts. Far fewer anyway, less obnoxious. None of that stupid shit like the girls with "that's what he said!".

I hadn't seen it before, i was just inspired to go back and look at it... and it was just as scathing. Quite good.

Basically these reviews made me ashamed of ever liking those movies. Not that I really loved them, but I accepted them wholeheartedly.

I actually thought that Lucas' idea of replacing actors with CGI was based on the notion that he succeeded with the storytelling in the Star Wars prequels. But I can't remember a single ****ing plot point in any of the movies except the very ending of Episode 3.

I was so wanting to like them when they came out. I knew they weren't that great, certainly not as good as the old ones... but my god... if only I gave it in depth analysis like these videos provide.

Bullllshit, Cartoon Network took down part one. I bet it was because there was some clone wars shit in it.

Thats some bull shit on Cartoon Network... but why would CN take down a video that just had a couple bits of a tv show, while Fox wont take down the entire you tube reviews that contain nothing but scenes from their movies?

There was like ****ing 3 seconds from the cartoon in the review.

I hope all his abrupt cuts to butchering girls etc. actually goes somewhere.

He can easily upload the first video again and just cut those three seconds.

Oh yeah, I thought I was forgetting to post something.

Great review. Kind of surprised his shtick didn't wear thin (for me) in 3 whole hour+ long videos.

They really need to drop the stupid chick thing. I thought that review was good, but by far the least funny. He had some really, really valid points though, like the editing and the couch set dialogue.

I found the last one to be much less funny than the previous installments and even his other movie reviews. He just nitpicked for 90 minutes. Which was still good, it's still fun to listen to.

I thought he was still pretty funny, but yeah the revenge stuff is dumb.

He was still funny at times but I like how he picked at the technical aspects of the movie instead of just being ridiculous all the time. the revenge hooker stuff just seems dumb at this point.

Not as funny, no, but that's ok. My favorite part was when he was talking about how unmemorable the prequels were compared to the classics. It's so true. I'm a nerd and I have nerdy friends. We make jokes and use star wars quotes all the time, but they're basically always from the originals. The originals are just so iconic and the prequels are just so bland, clean, unreal.

I liked it, personally. I just skipped through the boring revenge parts. He makes a lot of good points.

Really liked part 3.

He could just skip the cut scenes altogether and only keep to doing the review, I would still enjoy the hell out of it. Seriously, that was one of the most thorough reviews on the Star Wars prequel saga I've seen (this and the previous ones).

I liked this quote:

"Movies sometimes use special effects to tell a story, Lucas uses a story to tell special effects."

Pretty much.

Back