Resident Evil 6 trailer is out!

Gargantou

Companion Cube
Reaction score
http://youtu.be/BmC1lZeQad4

- Four player co-op, players can choose to play as Chris, Leon, Jill or Claire.
- At the start of the game the characters get infected, during gameplay they can the temporarily utilise 'G-Virus Powers' such as the ability to slow down time or super strength.
- Experience gained during gameplay can be used to increase attributes and buy perks.

PC version to follow at a later date*
CONFIRMED SH1TTY PC PORT

I think they were just learning to in the last installment. Slowly. No running. That would be ABSURDLY STUPID IN A GAME. Just a brisk walk.

At the start of the game the characters get infected, during gameplay they can the temporarily utilise 'G-Virus Powers' such as the ability to slow down time or super strength.

And that's all I needed to hear. I don't think I even care to watch the trailer.

I wish I could care about this, but I can't help but feel I have been there done that. Sad, but I think 4 will forever be the high point for me.

Well, Resident Evil: Revelations on the 3DS looks like it might be a new high-point for me, if I end up getting a 3DS and it.

It seems to go back to the RE essentials, more focus on exploration, ammo scarcity and puzzle solving whilst still maintaining the basic viewpoint, movement system and such from RE4/5.

another franchise that needs to die.
it should have ended with RE2

That's the most un-RE thing I've ever seen buuuuuut it looks like it could be fun? Not gonna get my hopes up or anything.

I think all the numbered Resi games are great. Hope I'm able to get some people together to play this with at some point.

Completely lost interest after RE5. Mostly because of it either forcing you to play co-op or be stuck with the worst AI partner in gaming history. The action-heavy, cover-based levels were another low point for the series as well.

Well, Resident Evil: Revelations on the 3DS looks like it might be a new high-point for me, if I end up getting a 3DS and it.

It seems to go back to the RE essentials, more focus on exploration, ammo scarcity and puzzle solving whilst still maintaining the basic viewpoint, movement system and such from RE4/5.
Yeah, that's a very good point. I forgot about that one since I don't have a 3ds...yet. :)

I enjoyed 5, if only because I bought it with full intent to play coop. It was a lot of fun that way, even though I much preferred 4 as, like, an EXPERIENCE or whatever.

But yeah I tried playing solo afterwards and what a load of garbage haha.

Resident Evil was always about desolation and being alone to me.

I don't much care for survival-horror co-op. Ugh.

TEN PLAYER CO-OP NOW AVAILABLE W/PREDATOR MISSILE KILLSTREAKS AND THE ABILITY TO PLAY AS COACH

Never played an RE game. But I spent the day listening to my housemate watch the movies in another room. Sound kinda shitty, like a cheap horror film that relies on long quiet scene's then a bit of loud screaming.

If the games are anything like that I'll probs give this a miss.

I tried 4, supposedly the best, and the controls just ****ed me off so I stopped. Gave it to a friend and watched him play through pretty much the whole thing, I
didnt see what was so special.

I tried 4, supposedly the best, and the controls just ****ed me off so I stopped. Gave it to a friend and watched him play through pretty much the whole thing, I
didnt see what was so special.

It was considered one of the pioneers of the camera-over-the-shoulder thing. It was also a major improvement over the awkward controls and camera that had been apart of every Resident Evil before it. But yes, looking back it played a little clumsy especially when you compare it to modern games.

RE2 is the only RE game I like (it's basically RE1 done right). I also like RE3 for its puzzles.

RE2 is the only RE game I like (it's basically RE1 done right). I also like RE3 for it's puzzles.

REmake is great, Code Veronica is good once you get passed Steve Burnside and RE4 is fantastic once you realize it's not a real Resident Evil game.

RE6 looks pretty terrible though.

Sort of lost interest in the franchise after how much of 5 was a basic action shooter. There was hardly any tension or atmosphere compared to RE 4, which I consider one of my all time favorite games. From the looks of this footage, it looks like it is still going in the direction of RE 5, but I am interested because Leon is one of the main characters. I will be on the look out for this, but I am not going to be over eager to get it right away.

Never played an RE game. But I spent the day listening to my housemate watch the movies in another room. Sound kinda shitty, like a cheap horror film that relies on long quiet scene's then a bit of loud screaming.

If the games are anything like that I'll probs give this a miss.
The games are not like the films.

Did anyone here play Resident Evil: Outbreak 1 and 2?

I thought those were quite fun, despite the craptacular AI.

Is everyone really deciding whether or not to buy a game based on a teaser trailer? You guys are some of the most enormous tight-asses.

Is everyone really deciding whether or not to buy a game based on a teaser trailer? You guys are some of the most enormous tight-asses.

No, I am quite open to the concept of purchasing this game, if it turns out to be fun.

Did anyone here play Resident Evil: Outbreak 1 and 2?

I thought those were quite fun, despite the craptacular AI.

Played the shit out of those on PS2. Might pick this up if the co-op turns out to be fun and the singleplayer is decent, but if it's like RE5 with zombies then I don't know.

Controls are being overhauled for RE6.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mi...-control-scheme-overhauled-in-latest-details/

6 player co-op?

wEBXh.png

Also, this doesn't look quite right to me.

E7Bhw.png

Oh shit, I thought RE6 and Raccoon City were the same thing. I have no opinion on RE6. Ignore me...

It looks like they're also bringing Las Plagas back, or whatever that plant like mutation is, which is something I was dreading.

Las Plagas is the worst thing to happen to RE, I thought the umbrella viruses were way better and more interesting. I'm not really scared of squid head guys, more like annoyed that I have to keep shooting them in the head to kill them, then a giant shitbeanstalk plant pops out of their head and I have to shoot THAT too.

I'm not really scared of squid head guys, more like annoyed that I have to keep shooting them in the head to kill them, then a giant shitbeanstalk plant pops out of their head and I have to shoot THAT too.

This, it's more of a grind than anything.

Back