Revisiting..

soulslicer

Tank
Reaction score
I always thought it would be absolutely fantastic if we could revisit any of the areas from either hl2 or ep1. Why even getting to see some scene in hl1 in mexico via some monitor (such as some resistance member from that area talking to eli via a monitor). Is there even the slightest possibility that this could happen?

There are a few probable places that we may just visit. In perspective, the coast and nova prospekt or ravenholm very far from the citadel. These are possible places we may visit if they survived. Any thoughts on whether this is possible or any other places we may visit?

Valve always bombs the places where they don't want to use in their future titles. It's their way to say "no won't be using them, again".

Black Mesa, Nova Prospekt, the Citadel (along with the City-17), etc.

Yeah I want new places. The Citadel is no more along with City 17 so if you want to run around a smoldering crater then be my guest. Nova Prospect was also blown sky high, Id say there would be nothing wrong with say passing it ruins one time to see the actuall damage we made, that would be pretty cool. There is no reason I can see for us to go back to Ravenholm, it was merely a detour that Freeman had to make to get out of Black Mesa East. It would be pointless to go back there.

New places please. ^^

I agree but at the same time it's always, if done right, fun to revisit old areas from previous games. Like in Opposing Force with the dam from the original game, that was a unforgettable moment.

With that said I strongly believe though that we won't see any previously visited areas in Episode Two from the two other games.
I really don't want to go back to City 17 at the moment especially given the fact that Episode Two moves away from the claustrophobic areas from the older games to more open-ended places (apart from the Antlion nests :p ) and that's something I want to experience in Ep2 now.

I agree but at the same time it's always, if done right, fun to revisit old areas from previous games. Like in Opposing Force with the dam from the original game, that was a unforgettable moment.

I agree, I just loved revisiting old areas in Opposing Force and Blue Shift, especially the dam. I don't really know which areas from Half-Life 2 we could revisit though. And I also want to see new places.

So you want to revisit areas that have had everything in them annihilated and talk to a resistance member who's in a radioactive crater? What fun!

I'm pretty sure Doug hinted at going back to a devasated C17 in one of the older ep2 previews, amirite.

This is the internet and I can still tell you said that with zero conviction.

I want to revisit Residue Processing.
Would it not be the ultimate irony if the key to repelling the Combine invasion was there all along? Perhaps Humanity defeats their overlords with a giant conveyor belt and a giant lake of cartoony green goo?

Would it not be the ultimate irony if the key to repelling the Combine invasion was there all along? Perhaps Humanity defeats their overlords with a giant conveyor belt and a giant lake of cartoony green goo?
With this tune playing as the Combine slide along the conveyor belt towards their doom.

YES.

On-topic, I'd like to revisit only one place: Black Mesa East. Perhaps Eli forgot or lost something in all the excitement.

It's surely under Combine control, since it was being attacked when Gordon left. You can even witness a fake battle if you noclip in.

It's surely under Combine control, since it was being attacked when Gordon left. You can even witness a fake battle if you noclip in.

I love that fake battle. :D

Do you think the Combine stuck around? Since they had Eli, they may have just messed the place up (maybe ganked some teleport info, maybe demolished the whole complex) and reported back to the Citadel.

I like dropping Dog's ball in the rock pile that blocks you off - the Vortigaunts will stop what they're doing and just keep zapping the hell out of it, through the rocks, and to no effect whatsoever. :D

Also if you wait long enough the Combine Chopper starts shooting rockets apparently.

We're off topic now. I'd like to revisit Ravenholm.

I don't want to revist anything; not Xen, not Black Mesa, not City 17, and nor City 17's Citadel. I want to explore new places like Samon said. A Combine stronghold that has alot of Universal Union inspired architechure, but the game cannot be only that particular setting.

IIRC Doug didn't say we'd revisit the ruins of destroyed C17, he said we'd revisit C17. That could mean a prequel to HL2, a game taking place during the lost week or parallel to the events of HL2.

wow, i did not know he said that, i would like to revisit city 17 alright!

I want new locations. City 17 was great, but after half life 2 and episode 1, i think its time to move on.

I would like to see BME again and find it trapped with rollermines everywhere and collapsed tunnels and explosive damage, would be interesting

Wait, what? Nova Prospekt was destroyed? REALLY?

Yes, Ravenholm would be win, or maybe the ruins of Black Mesa.

nova had a reactor core similar to that of the citadel, thus the destruction of the teleporter overloaded the core and ripped it..

Valve always bombs the places where they don't want to use in their future titles. It's their way to say "no won't be using them, again".

Black Mesa, Nova Prospekt, the Citadel (along with the City-17), etc.

So, when there done with the half life series, will they blow up gordon?

Maybe someday we will explore the ruins of City 17, but the Citadel and Nova Prospekt are long gone.

Back