Samon is going to hate this

Trailer was posted in the news section a while back. Dull, lots of running and bad voice-over. Visually impressive but that's it.

Did anyone else laugh when the girl came out of nowhere? Why are there headlights on everything? Some of the zombie sound effects don't suit at all (they used HL and L4D ones, they should have just stuck with the latter). The fight scene with the one soldier was laughable. The asian guy and the girl are running away, occasionally stopping, being shot at by soldiers with rifles who miss every shot. Girl stops, shoots once, headshot. Asian guy shoots over his goddamn soldier, headshot. There's willing suspension of disbelieve and there's goddamn retarded filmmaking. The soldiers knock out and drag the girl away and wait till she wakes up, so that they could execute her? That makes sense. The soldiers at the end don't notice the grenade that has a bright red LED on it and beeps constantly. Mustn't have been able to see it due to their being headlights covering their eyes. Not to mention how retarded they were. Ok run away and then stop in the middle of an open road, then look around to see if there are any soldiers around. Oh there are. I totally didn't notice these six soldiers here when I decided to stop in the middle of this open road. Hell, based on the rest of the video if they just kept running the soldiers wouldn't have been able to hit them anyway. They were far too attractive to be killed on screen.

I think it was established long ago that anyone who has any sort of taste hates it, not just Samon.

OMG Valve should hire those guys.

And then fire them immediately

Terrible storytelling + very cool VFX = bad movie.
It's some cool shots here and there, though.

And tomorrow, Purchase Brothers release Escape from City 17: part 2

wishful thinking

Good effort, some nice shots and effects, but the generally the whole thing was wrong and pointless. I don't know why Shephard is wearing a Lambada symbol, and as someone said, there is no way the rebels would have access to technology that good. The fight scene was hilariously cheesy and the zombies as someone else said, do not have headcrabs, and do not run that fast :/

- "That was ****ing stupid."

Can it, buckwheat.

That really did suck.

Nice visuals, but that's it.

Good effort, some nice shots and effects, but the generally the whole thing was wrong and pointless. I don't know why Shephard is wearing a Lambada symbol, and as someone said, there is no way the rebels would have access to technology that good. The fight scene was hilariously cheesy and the zombies as someone else said, do not have headcrabs, and do not run that fast :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AfTl5Vg73A

Ima have 2 agree with most of the people on this post. The fact that they couldnt have given us a little of info on what happened on that magical 5th year since black mesa, or did they really expect us to believe that things mentioned in beyond black mesa appeared magically in it?(I.E. ravenholm, city 17, the combine themselves, zombies) Very entertaining but not accurate what soever, in my opinion.

Well, looking at this as a media student, I have to say it's pretty good, for something made by amateurs, the CGI is amazing for a homemade film.
But yeah, if this was pitched as a full length feature hollywood dogshit blockbuster with the title Half-Life. Well, I'd puke.

Back