School lunch prices

Zeus

Tank
Reaction score
How much are the cafeteria lunches at your school? At mine the greedy bastards want 2 friggin dollars per "lunch" (which isn't even that much food). The halfway decent sandwiches they make they want $4 a pop for those. Not to mention the prices increase every year. When I was in elementary school it was $1 per lunch. :flame: I'm about to go back to school in about a month, and I can't wait to see what kind of bs they're gonna try to pull with us this year (luckly its my last year of high school)

An example of what $2 gets me

A hotdog
Like 6 tater tots
a little carton of milk

Are they trying to make us all lose weight or something? Damn. Sometimes I wonder how they can get away with charging us so much money for this crap. These things should be like 50 cents at the most! I remember once I was short 30 cents for a lunch and the lunch lady was being a bitch about it and wouldn't let me get lunch, so I got the head lunch lady to come over and she finally let me get it, but she wrote my name down and I had to pay the WHOLE 30 CENTS the next day.

Anyone else have similar...or maybe better experiences with school lunches and their prices

$1.75 gets me a small (hamburger-sized, sans bread) portion of meat, a spoonful of whatever potato product is available, a biscuit, and a half-pint of milk. It's enough to last the four hours until I get home and can have a real supper.

i remember once i was short 5 ****ing cents and the lady told me to "go bum a nickel from somebody".
Good thing my friends are generous

It more or less depends on where you live and how much your parents rake in per year as to how much you pay. Well, for the good portion of time when I was in school I only had to pay $.40(reduced). It was great, and the lunches weren't half-bad at all. My high school years were split between three different schools, and I hardly complained about the food.

Typical high school lunch:

Make your own salad from the salad bar
Depending on day: chicken nuggets, hamburger, macaroni-n-cheese, pizza, fish sticks, tacos, chicken and dumplings, etc.
Some side: tater tots, french fries, mashed potatoes, peas, etc.
Two juices and one milk/one juice and two milks
Soup w/ roll & butter: tomato, vegetable, chicken noodle
Chips
Fruit
Some dessert
Condiments

Reduced lunch: $.40
Full lunch: $1.50

i remember once i was short 5 ****ing cents and the lady told me to "go bum a nickel from somebody".
Good thing my friends are generous

Wow. That's pretty bad. If anything, the lady would know me and I'd say I'd have the five cents tomorrow.

I never got proper lunches (as in hot ones) from school, I really disliked them.

£1.50 (or something like that) got me a tuna sandwich and a can. Except at random points they changed it, for some reason they stopped doing normal sandwiches and did filled bagettes instead.

Then they took cans away and replaced them with caprisuns, apparently because of people piercing a hole in them and using the pressure to spray loads of people with coke. Yet they never stopped selling milk cartons which regularly got people covered in milk after being thrown.

But I always got a sandwich-type thing and a drink for under £2. And occasionally stole a biscuit.

This forum seems to have a rather high poor people percentage.

School lunch was $6 in high school.. Nobody cared or complained..

For the most part, stuff was about £1. A burger, a hotdog, a packet-thingy of chips, sandwhich, etc. But they were all really nice, if incredibly unhealthy. You got quite a bit, too, like a lot of chips, quite a large cheeseburger, etc, so I guess they were worth the money in that sence. I use to live off this stuff during Year 10, but then towards the end of the year and throughout Year 11 the only thigns I really really brought were was a can of Coke and a flapjack or shortbread at First Break. I just had food when I got home.

$1.75 normal, .40C reduced.

Pizza everyday along with the day meal (nachos, like, always... ****ing nasty) and your usual salad bar. That, and we have a sub bar which is like Subway-esque but they're ****ing nasty.

Free Lunch for me, since my family is poor! :D

Usually it costed me 2 bucks a day because I got some candy from teh machine and a Fruitopia drink for a dollar. So for 10 bucks a week, it wasn't bad... :p

GET MORE MONEY YOU BUM, POOR PEOPLE GET ALIEN CANCER

12283-4.jpg

All my senior year we had off-campus lunch and people easily dropped 5-10 dollars every day.

Good lesson why not to spam...speaking of spam....I'm getting hungry.

You could make yourself a decent lunch for less than $2 a day!

Where do you live? Because you can't (CAN'T) get that stuff for $2 where I'm from.

1$ gets you a cookie at my school. Yes 1$ for one damn cookie. A half of a sub costs $1.50, fries cost $1.50, egg salad sandwich costs 1$ (I'd never buy cafeteria egg salad, though.. eww). I usually go out for lunch.. pizza place near my school sells a quarter of a medium sized pizza and a coke for $2.50.

No lunch here. The only thing they'll do for you is heat up your water for your soup bags (free, of course) :p

Lunch at dorm cafeterias is over $3 now. This is for all you can eat though.

They usually switch out the main entree a lot (although the darn cheese-stuffed shells sure did come up frequently. Actually almost everything was covered with cheese...). Everything else was always the same though -- salad bar, hamburgers, pizza, pasta, cereal.

There was also a fresh fruit bar, always with the same fruit -- grapes, honeydew melon, and cantaloupe. Why? Probably because these fruits don't turn brown from sitting out, that way you don't know if it's been there for 5 minutes or 5 hours... so when you try it, it's like a fun fruity surprise in your mouth.

They also have desserts. Sometimes on Fridays they make this cake that has cereal on top. I think they take out all the old stale cereal from the one or two weeks before, and put it on the cake. We also have soft-serve ice cream. They used to have a guy that scooped real ice cream for you, but apparently girls were complaining that the ice cream was making them fat so they needed soft serve, and the machine cost so much to maintain that they couldn't afford the scooper guy. :|

Don't eat. Don't eat at all. Just ****ing starve for the whole day then come home and eat your mother in desparation.

I'm not in school anymore, but I generally spend 6-8 dollars on lunch every day.

Back in high school, $2 would get me a burrito. :|

Don't eat. Don't eat at all. Just ****ing starve for the whole day then come home and eat your mother in desparation.
Back in high school, $2 would get me a burrito. :|
These two posts in sucession made me laugh.

Anyways I'm going to college the coming fall semester and atleast we dont need cash straight up (you can if you want), gonna use ID cards and we pay in a final bill at the end of semester, a much better system IMO.

When i was in Singapore, i spent US $1 on lunch, which means it had rice, veggies and some meat. it lasted me for 5 hours....

Now it sucks, i cant even have a proper lunch in school... i hardly buy lunch, and if i do, i only spent $1.50 on fries or burgers... my friends spent $4 each day cuz they are freakin rich....

How much are the cafeteria lunches at your school? At mine the greedy bastards want 2 friggin dollars per "lunch" (which isn't even that much food). The halfway decent sandwiches they make they want $4 a pop for those. Not to mention the prices increase every year. When I was in elementary school it was $1 per lunch. :flame: I'm about to go back to school in about a month, and I can't wait to see what kind of bs they're gonna try to pull with us this year (luckly its my last year of high school)

An example of what $2 gets me

A hotdog
Like 6 tater tots
a little carton of milk

Are they trying to make us all lose weight or something? Damn. Sometimes I wonder how they can get away with charging us so much money for this crap. These things should be like 50 cents at the most! I remember once I was short 30 cents for a lunch and the lunch lady was being a bitch about it and wouldn't let me get lunch, so I got the head lunch lady to come over and she finally let me get it, but she wrote my name down and I had to pay the WHOLE 30 CENTS the next day.

Anyone else have similar...or maybe better experiences with school lunches and their prices

Milk at my school is 2.20, a Hotdog is like 2.60 and a thing of tots is like 2.50.

gg.

School lunches shouldn't cost money. Nothing to do with school should cost money. It's wrong.

So basicly, what you should do is shoot your school board.

They'll blame Video Games, and Jack Thompson will orgasm all over Fox News.

Nothing, high school lunches are free in my municipality.

Free lunches in Finland untill you get into uni. They consist of a warm meal ie lasagne, spaghetti and sauce or something else and sallad. Eat as much as you want. Sometimes we get bread. To drink we have water or milk.

When I start uni the fall, lunch will vary from 1€ to 2.35€ depending on where I eat.

Free lunches in Finland untill you get into uni. They consist of a warm meal ie lasagne, spaghetti and sauce or something else and sallad. Eat as much as you want. Sometimes we get bread. To drink we have water or milk.
Pretty much the same here, except that we always get bread (both soft and hard, and about 3 different kinds of each), and apple/lemon-juice.
Oh, and cheese etc to have on the bread.

Pretty much the same here, except that we always get bread (both soft and hard, and about 3 different kinds of each), and apple/lemon-juice.
Oh, and cheese etc to have on the bread.

It only free for the whole country up to High School. In High School, it's up to each of Sweden's 290 Municipalities to decide wheather the food should cost or not. I think it costs like 300 SEK (~$40) per year in the municipalities that charge monkey for the food.

Where do you live? Because you can't (CAN'T) get that stuff for $2 where I'm from.

I don't mean the whole lot will cost $2....you buy a loaf of bread, a cucumber, a lettuce, some tomatoes, a bunch of bananas and use it all daily, so about $10 over the school week. I thought that might have been obvious.....

School lunches shouldn't cost money. Nothing to do with school should cost money. It's wrong.

So basicly, what you should do is shoot your school board.

Well I go to public school so my family only pays school taxes. I guess that's not enough for my school (despite the fact that theres over 3000 kids enrolled). Unfortunatly both my parents work and I'm already rushing to get out the door as it is, so I don't really have time to prepare a lunch to bring to school. Thankfully I only have to put up with this shit for one more year. Then I go to college which hopefully will be better.

Back