Screen 'scratchy' in darkness

Sly

Reaction score
Some background information.

1 This started after I installed the Orange Box
2 Only happens in dark areas (When it is happening, if I shine my flashlight at a wall, for example, it gets better/goes away until I turn the flashlight off
3 Happens not only in game, but also on website or my bottom bar (also requires darkness)
4 Don't think it is from over heating, my laptop shows only 37C under stress. Also, when I was at a LAN recently, computer on for 12 hours, and this never happen. When I turn it on sometimes it will happen also immediately when I play HL. (also rolls over to TF2 or portal. Haven't played any other games, but I assume this will also happen to those also)
5 'Scratches' don't show up when I use print screen
6 I'm using a gateway FX with Vista in 64bit (HL is also running is 64bit mode\

I've looked around for a few weeks to see if this has happen to anyone else, and to see if there was a remedy- though I couldn't find one.

I'm sure by now you have no idea what I'm talking about, so I have a picture I took of it.
Had to take a picture using a camera since when I use print screen, the screen cap show up normal.

img0133hv0.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Sounds like problem with monitor, have you tried contacting customer service?

My father told me the same thing. It seems to random to just be a monitor problem. Like I stated, it doesn't always happen. For example, right now it's fine- earlier it like a baby on crack. I haven't called customer service since I despise talking to them, its not the peoples fault I just never find it helpful. I always set out on the internet to try and find a solution for the problem, and I usually do.

Had to take a picture using a camera since when I use print screen, the screen cap show up normal.

Since screencaps are clean, it's monitor related.

Ok, thanks for the help :)
I'm taking it up to BB today to get it replaced/sent it.

Back