Seeing Episode 3 in 3 hours

J_Tweedy

Reaction score
Going to the midnight screening here in Wellington, NZ. Im pretty amped- its a Star Wars movie- and it's getting GOOD reviews! Should be awesome. Just thought i'd vent...

Cool! Give us a spoiler free review after you have seen it....

cool, I might see it as well.

What's with the post²??

edit: now look at mine: a saucy puppet show???? LMAO!!!

Dunno- there's nothing on site feedback. Wierd names. Everyone else is still a 'member'- guess it changes when you post

This move is WAY too overhyped, imo.
But I'll still see it.

At least in NZ ive noticed most of the hype hasn't been advertisements and such, but just a general buzz among fans. I guess they know they really don't have to spend too much on ads when they know it'll pull regardless.

I guess I can kinda've see why there's all the hype...
It is the last Star Wars film after all...

"We understand in 2002 that 2.6 million workers called in sick for IT staffs on the day that Episode 2 came out," LMAO that's funny, and sad at the same time.

I saw it yesterday.

It's the best of the new flicks, however the old ones still pwn.

I said i was going to be biased towards it, but just got back, and omg... this movie pretty much bombed on me. The fight scenes were lacking in any depth and originality. The humour is the first half is godamm awful.
Don't get me wrong, i expected bad acting, script and direction (like any of the latest episodes) but the redeeming factors that were in those two just werent there for me.
In terms of concept and design- awesome, and great visuals- probably the best ive seen, but even the storyline that people have been saying was well rounded off was in my opinion not. You'll see what I mean....maybe.
Haha, everyone will still go see it- this is Star Wars afterall!

Did they make Grievous look like a pansy or did he kick some major ass? I MUST KNOW!

He kicks ASS! He MUST! No other way.

Seeing in 3 hours also.

Recoil said:
He kicks ASS! He MUST! No other way.

Seeing in 3 hours also.

I know he kicks ass but what if they just put in the part where he dies. That would suck.

I know he kicks ass but what if they just put in the part where he dies. That would suck.

I don't think they'd just show him in those cartoons... he'll probably do some serious jedi-slaughtering.

I JUST SAW IT, WOOT :D:D:D:D

i'm going to make a 'spoiler' thread : )

well, if someone complaisn about spoilers it's their own fault : D

/*** SPOILERS FROM HERE ON DOWN ***/

grevious looked pretty awesome and the 4 arm thing was quite awesome, other than that, he sucked a bit. the heart thing was weird/cool.

ok ok, first of all, why the hell were there so many joks in the beginning .. i mean, they were funny, but why : /

overall, it was good, a few things here and there that annoy me (like that kid @ the end of the jedi temple scene, he had like boots of force speed +4) and mace windu not stopping screaming.

the jedi's let me down .. they were so incredibly blind when it came to 'order 66.'

what the hell was with the 'don't try it annie, i'm on high ground' .. since when has high ground mattered in a damn jedi duel ?

the immortality part was the best, for the story. it explained alot.

destrukt, just use [ spoiler] and [/ spoiler]. Like so:

omg Anakin is teh robot

is it better then the first 2? cause they sucked? Is it in any way even close to on par with the original trilogy?

J_Tweedy said:
I said i was going to be biased towards it, but just got back, and omg... this movie pretty much bombed on me. The fight scenes were lacking in any depth and originality. The humour is the first half is godamm awful.
Don't get me wrong, i expected bad acting, script and direction (like any of the latest episodes) but the redeeming factors that were in those two just werent there for me.
In terms of concept and design- awesome, and great visuals- probably the best ive seen, but even the storyline that people have been saying was well rounded off was in my opinion not. You'll see what I mean....maybe.

I agree, but imo the overall story was good.

J_Tweedy said:

That's disappointing... :(
Would you say it's worth a watch?

I just got back. Here's how I feel, if you like Star Wars... WELL YES YOU SHOULD SEE IT! I think it's the best of the Star Wars films that George has Directed himself. (Yes I am saying it's better than I, II, and IV) It's probably even better than VI, blasted Ewoks. I won't say it's better than V, because, well... that would be blasphemy of some type to Star Wars fans.

Yoda: Awesome, and sad
Palpatine: Ian shows why he is the best actor in Star Wars
Obi-wan: Ewan stepped it up BIG time with his acting.
Anakin: At times he was whiney Ani again, but his best moments were when he was slaughtering silently.

OH! JUST GO SEE IT! I promise to any hardcore Star Wars fans out there, it'll give you a lump in your throat at some moments. I'm just trying to calm down, I'm still so hyped, and I still ahve to go to another showing today! AHHH!

Im interested to know what you guys who liked it have to say- i mean, in terms of visuals and concepts it was great, but everything else pretty much sucked. (worse than the other two imo)
They didn't even do a good job of the story, i thought they botched up (!!!SPOILERS IF YOU ARE UTTERLY UNINFORMED!!!) the speed of Anakin's turn to the dark side, and the jedi's not noticing order 66.

Woohoo! 400th post..:) dont i feel special

Imo:

Story was what it had to be. The film was long enough as it was! Anything was better than in the previous two. And Jedi's may be powerful, but not almighty. They do not posses ultimate knowledge.

SPOILER:

tbh: I was almost close to tears at the end! When Lars and Beru stood there with Luke. And the music... ;(

I can't see it tonight because I am f***ing working! I will go by myself and see it Friday afternoon while the little shits are still in school. Maybe I will take my pants off too if the theatre is empty.

chu said:
I can't see it tonight because I am f***ing working! I will go by myself and see it Friday afternoon while the little shits are still in school. Maybe I will take my pants off too if the theatre is empty.

If there's one person in the theatre sit right next to him.

Pressure said:
If there's one person in the theatre sit right next to him.

I'll do like the guy from Trigger Happy. I will get a huge afro wig and sit in front of someone.

Back