Seeing Episode 3 in 3 hours

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't R4 die in Revenge of the Sith and Clone Wars?

Edit: Note of disapointment. Grevous seriously lacked. I say Clone Wars and I was thinking the whole time that he would own, but he was very disapointing.

Bad

Grievous - should be a lot meaner and shouldn't have been portrayed as a COWARD. He was the ultimate TOUGH ASS in CW.

CGI - First movie ever I thought there was too much CG

Acting by everyone in the damn thing - sucked. As most people said, Yoda was the most expressive caratcher...

Darth Sidious fighting - looked very slow when they panned to his face ... Not nearly as fast enough as a Jedi. And he takes out a bunch of Jedis in secs... Can't they see the future, damn it ? Ooooh, maybe "the Dark Side clowded their view...."

"Noooooo" - almost walked out of the movie theater

Anakin's turn - found it totally surreal

Good

Darth Vader's first breath - AWESOME SHOT. If the film had two or three more of those it would be TEH WIN

Order 66 - Very nice, could be even longer if they asked me.

Hold on, people have complaints about the CGI in this one, but not in Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones? Wha?

At least I'm not the only one disappointed in how they made Grievous look.

Direwolf said:
Hold on, people have complaints about the CGI in this one, but not in Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones? Wha?
There's been enough complaining about those ones;)

Am I right in saying that Anikin in CW followed that white Sith guy with the 2 curved light-sabres to a planet with a bunch of clone troops. The Sith masacered them and blew up Anikin's ship with R4 still on it.
But in III then Obi-Wan has R4 on his ship who gets blown up again?

well considering there's 6 movies, there has to be one where there's a shit load of action

Episode III was awesome. The lightsaber fights were awesome and fast paced, but Episode I's lightsaber style was the best. Episode III had a lot less style but was still awesome.

I just watched EP1's lightsader fiights and I have to say that thats probably the best sword action we'll ever see in a film(IMO)

xLostx said:
well considering there's 6 movies, there has to be one where there's a shit load of action

True, episode I and II had little to no big fights, episode III has the clone wars, going to have big space fights, episode IV - VI have smaller fights, as there is no jedi order anymore and the republic is now just a small group of people.

ríomhaire said:
Am I right in saying that Anikin in CW followed that white Sith guy with the 2 curved light-sabres to a planet with a bunch of clone troops. The Sith masacered them and blew up Anikin's ship with R4 still on it.
But in III then Obi-Wan has R4 on his ship who gets blown up again?

Well I'm sure there's more than one R4.

There's an R2-D2, so there could very well be an R2-D3 or R2-D1. The same could be said for the R4 units.

Also, when Obi-wan goes to Utapau R4 is in his ship again. Remember? He flies the ship away to make it look like Obi-wan left.

Sn4tcH said:
Also, when Obi-wan goes to Utapau R4 is in his ship again. Remember? He flies the ship away to make it look like Obi-wan left.

I don't think those are the droids actual names, it's just the type of robot.

Reall really great movie. Just have to love Vader's first breath. Best shot ever :D
The only thing that could have been improved were the lightsaber fights, there nowhere near as fast as in episode 1, but then again, this one is much closer to the old movies and the slower fighting style does acutally have a much more ''old'' feel to it.

Mevoki said:
The only thing that could have been improved were the lightsaber fights, there nowhere near as fast as in episode 1, but then again, this one is much closer to the old movies and the slower fighting style does acutally have a much more ''old'' feel to it.

Are you crazy? :O

The lightsaber battle between Obi-Wan and Anikan was the fastest sword fight I've ever seen.

A True Canadian said:
Are you crazy? :O

The lightsaber battle between Obi-Wan and Anikan was the fastest sword fight I've ever seen.

Yes indeed.

Ok, Anakin vs Obi-Wan was really good, but Palpatine vs Yoda wasn't. I'm not saying it was bad, not at all, but it could have been better. I think. But I don't think I should complain. Or maybe. But.. ARH what am I talking about :x I'm confused!
I love the movie anyway!

The fights were crap compared to Darth Mull's dual light saber in episode 1.
And the Nooooo is going to be a clasis, I mean the the dude is suposed to be evil.

Obi Wan Kenobi is a sith.

Anakin says "If your not my friend, your my enemy"

Obiwan replies "Only with think in absolutes"

Which is an absolute statement.

The worst fight was easily Palpatine versus Mace windu.. when the four Jedi went to arrest Palp 3 of them were like statues that just let Palp slowly lunge at them with his saber slashing them down. All the close ups seemed way too slow too.. plus in half the scenes you could totally tell it wasnt even Ian Mc Diarmid fighting... see attached pic

Attachments

• not-mc-diarmid.jpg
    not-mc-diarmid.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 239
Greatest scene in history of Star Wars franchise:
*Children hiding behind chairs*

*Anakin enters*

*Child walks up t Anakin*

Child: "Master Skywalker, there are too many of them, what are we going to do?"

*Anakin gives him an evil glare*

*Lightsabre comes out*

Child: :eek:

Hahaha, class.

Just seen with my kids, they loved it, especially General Grievous.
A movie not to be taken too seriously, forget political undertones and enjoy.
A classis? No .
Groundbreaking? ...no.
Enjoyable? yes... It’s Star wars.

I'd definitely bring this movie up to Classic status.
I loved every second of it.

There's a whole lotta crap in it (Darth Vader: "NOOOOOOOO") and cheesiness, but overall its a lot better than the first of the 2 new films.

Back