Seeing Episode 3 in 3 hours

I was completely amazed at the final battle. It was by far the greatest lightsaber, or sword-like-object for that matter, fight i have ever seen.

Adidajs said:
i felt anakin's turn to the dark side after Windu's death was just not believable. In one breath he laments his attack on windu and then bows in front of Palpatine? no way

The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

I thought it was awsome. The negatives:

Horrendously cheesy. One woman BURST into laughter at the scene where they were telling each other how beautiful and how much they loved each other. The rest of the theater followed. "Noooo" doesnt sound right either.

Some of the humor was great, such as yoda raping the two guards (the theater got a chuckle out of that), but in the beginning it just seems forced and trivial. "Another happy landing" was pretty good though.

In all, there were lots of scenes with people cheering, I found myself doing the same. It was really well done, and I think nearly makes up for the first two movies. Well worth the 8 bucks, especially given that the battle scenes alone had so much in them that to see everything going on you' dhave to see it several times. The familiar faces were awesome, and I admit that I felt rather sad at the end... lessened by the "no".

How does Mace Windu die? Hes to cool ;(

KagePrototype said:
Like toad did in X-men, but with dignity intact

Isnt toad the guy who turns to water? Sry havent seen X-men in ages, cant remember it :dozey:
At least he gets dignity :dozey:

You all seem to forget, skywalker didnt just go "click" darkside. He had a long path to it that started in episode two. You are also forgeting the darkside is like a drug, you give ita try and soon its the one pulling you into it. Skywalker couldnt help it.

In episode two, when he lost his mom that was the first time he lost somthing, and it was all to clear he couldnt handle loseing people, he also states in the 2nd film to padme (Im not going to bother to try to spell her name right) that he thinks a system when one man desides whats right for the people would be better, it would get things done, is the way to go about things. This inforced what he sees in episode 3, when the Jedis didnt "Get things done" and spent alot of time messing around as he saw it. The sith lord not helping the matter by lieing to him about everything, telling him he could save his wife from death, and saying how the jedi want to kill him and take over.

Thus him going towards to dark side was a very long path, the point when he attacks Mace was the breaking point, just as people have in real life with a drug, they give it a try, and it takes hold of them. Once Skywalker had started useing the darkside, it took hold of him more and more, untill he couldnt help it, even if he wanted to stop.

In episode 6 luke is able to get the part of anakin that was still good, to regect the dark side... Like you would a drug, a friend or whatever would need to get you to stop, few people can stop by themselves.

Thus, the darkside acts like a drug, and I school you all in the ways of star wars, can I have a medal?

meh I cant belive its over.....Lucas said 7,8,9 exist in his head but he wont make another movie..I hope he will

Tight-ass Llama said:
Isnt toad the guy who turns to water? Sry havent seen X-men in ages, cant remember it :dozey:
At least he gets dignity :dozey:

No...toad is the one thats like a toad

Ritz said:
You all seem to forget, skywalker didnt just go "click" darkside. He had a long path to it that started in episode two. You are also forgeting the darkside is like a drug, you give ita try and soon its the one pulling you into it. Skywalker couldnt help it.

In episode two, when he lost his mom that was the first time he lost somthing, and it was all to clear he couldnt handle loseing people, he also states in the 2nd film to padme (Im not going to bother to try to spell her name right) that he thinks a system when one man desides whats right for the people would be better, it would get things done, is the way to go about things. This inforced what he sees in episode 3, when the Jedis didnt "Get things done" and spent alot of time messing around as he saw it. The sith lord not helping the matter by lieing to him about everything, telling him he could save his wife from death, and saying how the jedi want to kill him and take over.

Thus him going towards to dark side was a very long path, the point when he attacks Mace was the breaking point, just as people have in real life with a drug, they give it a try, and it takes hold of them. Once Skywalker had started useing the darkside, it took hold of him more and more, untill he couldnt help it, even if he wanted to stop.

In episode 6 luke is able to get the part of anakin that was still good, to regect the dark side... Like you would a drug, a friend or whatever would need to get you to stop, few people can stop by themselves.

Thus, the darkside acts like a drug, and I school you all in the ways of star wars, can I have a medal?

*awards medal for great explanation*
*bows*

I just remembered this. It was kinda random and I don't know if it was just a starship just like it (Corellian?) but near the beginning when the camera was panning towards a spaceport (on land) you see a ship that looks JUST like the Millenium Falcon flying in for a landing. It's really short and in the lower right hand corner of the screen. I was just probing the entire screen trying to take in as much detail as I could and managed to spot it. Anyone else spot this?

I didnt spot that, but theres good reason to think it was, the Falcon would of been built by then, as by episode 6 the ships very old. Wouldnt of been han at the pilots seat though ;)

Thats a really common ship (the yt1300 or whatever) in star wars.

AmishSlayer said:
I just remembered this. It was kinda random and I don't know if it was just a starship just like it (Corellian?) but near the beginning when the camera was panning towards a spaceport (on land) you see a ship that looks JUST like the Millenium Falcon flying in for a landing. It's really short and in the lower right hand corner of the screen. I was just probing the entire screen trying to take in as much detail as I could and managed to spot it. Anyone else spot this?

I was the only person who saw that too. I was wondering if that was the Millenium Falcon or not.

Ritz said:
I didnt spot that, but theres good reason to think it was, the Falcon would of been built by then, as by episode 6 the ships very old. Wouldnt of been han at the pilots seat though ;)

It was probally before even Lando won the ship

I didnt notice it. Ill have to check it out once the DVD comes out. Which will obviously be Christmas

Lemonking said:
It was probally before even Lando won the ship

Lando would of been a very young kid in episode III. Maybe a teenager..

Wow this movie absolutly owned. It cleaned up the mess that was episode 2 (I think episode 1 was decent).

I really loved the greavus fight with the 4 lightsabers, and the anakin vs obiwan/yoda vs. sideous fights. Order 66- well....it was emotional and powerful

I'm definitly going to see this again

Yeah, i spoted the Millenium Falcon, it was getting ready to land but it had a green jet color instead of blue.

operative x said:
Yeah, i spoted the Millenium Falcon, it was getting ready to land but it had a green jet color instead of blue.

Sorry for being a geek but that wasn't the Falcon, just an ordinary YT-1300.

Personally i think Anakin is special because he's the most gullible person in the entire universe. Chewbacca did jack all. I saw it with my entire school so more or less whenever Yoda did something everyone cheered. Whenever Artoo did anything they laughed. Everone got freaked when the little kid padawan goes 'what can we do mr Skywalker, sir? there's too many of them' and anakin just looks evil. They made his eyes look reptilian.

Obiwan is teh ub3r.

One day Lucas might make Star Wars: The Musical.

(Yes, yes, you can see the emotions driving him over the edge, blah, so on, so forth. But Hayden Christianson is such a crappy actor. Oh, did anyone spot Grand Moff Tarkin near the end?)

I thought the film was great, really enjoyed it, had such a deep, dark emotional base in it and, to me, it fitted in incredibly well with all the other films. Tiny additions like C-3PO having his mind wiped show why he's never heard of Obi Wan (His acting was great I thought and his character means so much more now, will be sad to lose him again in IV) in A New Hope.

Some of you have said about Anakin turning so quickly over to the darkside and how it was unbelievable. I think this worked out great, you could see it slowly eating away at him the whole time (He says something like 'I'm turning into a Jedi I shouldn't be' to Padme) and then you get to see the one moment when it just takes him over, I thought it was great)

The Younglings thing made me laugh too, sounded quite stupid.

And yes, we could have done without 'Noooooo'.

Great film, much better than AOTC, Saddest moment was when Aayla Secura died :(

I love her...

This film was surprisingly good. It truely got better as it went along.

And for those of you who were complaining about General Grievous' coughing, I direct you to the Clone Wars cartoons:

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76555&highlight=clone+wars

They take place between Episodes II and III (kinda like a Shadows of the Empire thing). Chapters 1-20 are avaliable on DVD, but 21-25 are online. Those may help to explain some of the oddities you guys are seeing.

I just got home from seeing it, and all I can say is wow. It almost held the standards of the old movies! One thing that bothers me though, is that...
...Padmé dies at her children's birth, even though Leia in ep. VI says that she remembers her mother as "beaultiful, but sad".

Reply to The_Monkey

Leia was given to that-guy and his wife (Names pass me..) so she was talking about her fake mother. Or you just found a loophole in Star Wars, weldone

I've been hearing stuff like "this is the best starwars ever!" and after watching it all I thought was that Lucas has actually succeeded in making everyone forget how good the originals really were. Sure its better then the last two, but so was Plan nine form outer space, Lucas has really got to get some people skills, instead of only hiring a few less then stellar actors and the rest being SGI.

Hayden Christensen is one of the worst actors in films today, he has no acting ability what so ever and much of the seens relied on his performance to bring it all together and he just wasn't up to the task. The only guy i apploud is Ewan McGregor and even he couldn't deliver those crappy lines convincingly.

The outline for the last 3 movies are brilliant, but Lucas failed in bringing them all together. Not to mention he goes way overboard on the sgi for no good reason whatsoever and I couldn't help but laugh at the volcano part, he seems to be thinking on a it's done if we can do it basis.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the movie( even though im cutting the hell out of it) but the only thing that separates this from the fast and the furious is 3great movies, more money and worse actors;)

Ritz said:
Reply to The_Monkey

Leia was given to that-guy and his wife (Names pass me..) so she was talking about her fake mother. Or you just found a loophole in Star Wars, weldone

Actually, I'm pretty sure that she was referring to her real mother. Although, you could argue that the force gave her those memories. It would've been better if Padme spent some time with her children, so she could actually remember stuff. The guy was Senator Bail Organa.

Im sick of everyone saying Hayden Christensen is a bad actor, I think he is a great, of course the film had better actors like Ewen and Lee, but that doesnt make Hayden suck.

I fail to see what you mean, brink, when you say "Lucas has actually secceeded in making everyone forget how good the originals really were". I hate to say this and be the barer of bad news, but lucus you know.. owns all of the films, not just this one, so he was not trying to make people forget about the first 3 he made... And so what if people like these better then the old ones? Episode 3 is really, really cool, I like it more then episode 4 and 5, but personaly like six the best.

edit:

I think its become to cool thing to do nowadays to diss the new episodes and say "Oh yeah im totally old school, I love the old episodes even though I was not even born when they came out."

And Feath, good point.

some people need to STFU
SWIII was great some people always complain

I thought it was dead good, i don't really have any complaints about it, in my opinion i would much rather watch the new ones than the old ones.

I just saw the original trilogy recently and my some of my 'friends' were calling me sad for not seeing them, thats my only problem with the series- it produced/es so many fanatics.

Ritz said:
Im sick of everyone saying Hayden Christensen is a bad actor, I think he is a great, of course the film had better actors like Ewen and Lee, but that doesnt make Hayden suck.

I fail to see what you mean, brink, when you say "Lucas has actually secceeded in making everyone forget how good the originals really were". I hate to say this and be the barer of bad news, but lucus you know.. owns all of the films, not just this one, so he was not trying to make people forget about the first 3 he made... And so what if people like these better then the old ones? Episode 3 is really, really cool, I like it more then episode 4 and 5, but personaly like six the best.

edit:

I think its become to cool thing to do nowadays to diss the new episodes and say "Oh yeah im totally old school, I love the old episodes even though I was not even born when they came out."

And Feath, good point.
First off, I'm not saying Hayden Christensen is a bad actor compared to Ewan and Lee, I'm saying he's a bad actor in general. He was alright in some parts but the ones where he had to display any emotion were laughable and its hard not to see that.

I'm well aware that Lucas owns all the films, I'm saying he's set a much lower standard for for these films then the original 3 and maybe thats why everyone liked this one so much.

Also, all of my friends loved this movie, I was the exception. I'm not following any trend in disliking a film, its my opinion and from the looks of this thread it seems im in the minority. And, you're right, I do love the old films even though I wasn't alive when they came out. So what? Am I only allowed to like movies made in the last 17 years? Well, I guess I can't like Blade Runner, the Godfather, apocalypse now or Midnight express because I wasn't around at the exact time of their creation.

Hayden is a good actor except awkward when it comes to dialogue. Which is understandable, since Lucas is definitely not the best dialogue writer around.

And, Portman and McGregor are both way better.

I saw the movie a few hours ago, and I f*cking loved it. First 45 minutes were only decent, but the rest of the movie was excellent. I got the feel of the older movies back. I loved the original 3, but I also liked 1 and 3. Attack of the Clones was a bit silly IMO, but I really enjoyed this latest one.

when the Jedi were being betrayed, that was touching. brought a tear to my eye. also, the whole anakin thing where he lost everything for what he was trying to do for padme and in the end failed was moving.

oh and in reply to monkey:

Probably hologram/pictures or an imprint of the force. Could be an inconsistency though. Generally Lucas did very well with that, for instance I was suprised he managed to find a way for Kenobi to have Anakin's lightsaber to give to Luke in A New Hope

All I have to say is
http://darthno.ytmnd.com/

Ennui said:
Hayden is a good actor except awkward when it comes to dialogue. Which is understandable, since Lucas is definitely not the best dialogue writer around.
He's good at looking angry, but the delivery of some of those lines felt so unnatural and phony.

I was cringing a lot of the time he spoke. And when Vader goes "NOoooooo at the end, Haydns stupid body language just made it even more corny.

Anyway..pretty average film for another "person who loved the original trilogy but can't connect in the same way with the new trilogy".

Visually it's a CG orgy, most of it was pretty good.

In conclusion, I just wish the acting and dialogue was better.

brink's said:
First off, I'm not saying Hayden Christensen is a bad actor compared to Ewan and Lee, I'm saying he's a bad actor in general.
I thought so too but then i saw Life As A House. He's quite good in that.

Its really just Lucas' directing thats the problem. For some reason i just dont think he could be ****ed getting the actors to...well...act. I mean, take Natalie Portman, awesome actress, and incredibly hot too ( ;) ) but in Attack of the Clones she was terrible.

Anyway i thought Revenge of the Sith was pretty good, best of the first 3 thats for sure, but some parts just made me laugh.

Like that bit at the end where Darth breaks loose of the operating table, funny stuff, felt more like the Hulk then Darth Vader.

Ennui said:
oh and in reply to monkey:

Probably hologram/pictures or an imprint of the force. Could be an inconsistency though. Generally Lucas did very well with that, for instance I was suprised he managed to find a way for Kenobi to have Anakin's lightsaber to give to Luke in A New Hope

How did he do that? I seem to have missed that part.

Was anyone else bothered that Windu could beat Paplatine, but Yoda couldn't? Although he might have let himself been beaten so that Anakin could kill Windu himself.

Back