Seeing Episode 3 in 3 hours

someone answer my question plz. I dont want to know plot or anything.. Just if its even close to being on par with the original triology...

SenorDingDong said:
someone answer my question plz. I dont want to know plot or anything.. Just if its even close to being on par with the original triology...

You could try reading the thread. :thumbs:

Quick couple of questions to those that have seen it.I'm taking my son to see it this weekend, he's eight.

1. Will he be able to understand it ?(he's seen 1 and 2)
2. Will it frighten him ?

The plot is not as political and probably simpler than ep2 at least.
I could see how some parts could frighten a kid- dismemberment and burning etc, but nothing too gruesome. It is pretty heavy tho.

i know about the spoiler tags .. the reason i made that other thread was for the people who have seen it to not have to worry about silly little politics, ie, spoiler tags ;)

I saw the Australian midnight premiere session it was so much more action packed than the others.

It was more action packed, but was there a really memorable moment for you? Not for me there wasnt, at least not like the pod race, or hoth, or endor, or the death star, or luke vs vader....etc.

J_Tweedy said:
It was more action packed, but was there a really memorable moment for you? Not for me there wasnt, at least not like the pod race, or hoth, or endor, or the death star, or luke vs vader....etc.

You certainly have a grudge against the movie, huh?

nah, i was just disappointed. I am a star wars fan, and, well ive already explained what i thought- i guess ill just lay off a bit :)

I just wanted to get some feedback from the people that obviously weren't as disappointed as i was.

This movie kicked ass! This movie is just leaps beyond all of them except for 5. Even then, it rivalled 5 in some areas and even surpassed a bunch of em (graphics, special effects, sabre fights!!, action, etc). All in all, I am happy to say that Lucas did a mighty fine job with this movie and rounding it off to connect with episode 4

Quick couple of questions to those that have seen it.I'm taking my son to see it this weekend, he's eight.

I don't know... Anakin getting crippled and burnt doesn't look very nice... and I'm an adult saying this... :|

Fantastic movie, went to see the first showing (10.35am) today, wonderfull, perfect film. People clapped and cheered at the end, that does not happan in UK movies oftern :)

I just got back from the movies, and I have to say I loved it. Best episode out of this trilogy, well I have a few minor gripes (notably Natalie Portman & Hayden Christensen's acting) but other than that: great movie!

Very entertaining, and the transition to the next trilogy is perfect.

Ritz said:
Fantastic movie, went to see the first showing (10.35am) today, wonderfull, perfect film. People clapped and cheered at the end, that does not happan in UK movies oftern :)
Did they cheer because they liked the movie or because they were star wars nerds?

I saw the opening show at midnight. It was rokkin' like Dokken. Better than the first two prequels combined, IMO.

I saw it and I really liked it. I can't really rank it among the entire saga yet because I'm still just excited from getting back from the movie much like I was from Episode II (At the time I thought it was right behind Episode IV - Now I feel differently).

Unfortunately, pretty much anyone that's seeing Revenge of the Sith knows what has to happen during this movie. Just in case there are some people that haven't seen 4,5, and 6 I'll put some stuff in spoilers.

We already know how fights will turn out which takes away from the intensity of the fights. We know Vader is gonna get rocked because he's arrogant, we know Yoda won't beat Palpatine and will be forced to run, we know all kinds of things. This, of course, cannot be helped but it still does detract from the movie a little.

I'd have to say the line from Obi Wan, "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!!" felt like it should've been earlier in the fight when they were arguing or Obi Wan looked like he was going to die or something, not when Vader's laying there on the ground burning, beaten.

The negatives being said, during the last 20 minutes or so, I had chills running down my spine the entire time. It felt so epic. I definitely wanna see it again soon.

Side note: I went to a midnight showing, did anybody else have a bunch of dorks with lightsabers running around the front having a war? I'm not talking just kids either. I'm talking like 20-30 year olds in the mix.

JellyWorld said:
Did they cheer because they liked the movie or because they were star wars nerds?

Who cares? No one cheered on episode I or II...

baxter said:

1. Will he be able to understand it ?(he's seen 1 and 2)
2. Will it frighten him ?

I think he may be able to understand.

I have a 3 year old wanting to see this and there are 2 scenes in particular I am going to take her to get some candy so she won't see them because she is two young to understand.

That said... here is my power point review...

The Good

Yoda- Despite being CGI he is best actor in film. The sad expressions he makes made me feel sad too. And 2 scenes where he takes out some clones troopers and Imperial Gaurds are my fav from the whole movie. Too bad those scenes combines lasted about 2 seconds.

R2-D2 - Comic genius. This droid is teh funnay (sic)

Obiwan- I really, really like this character. Now I have seen EP 1,2,and 3 it's all the more sad to see him die in EP4.

Order 66- This was a really sad point in the movie for me. I think the last time I felt emotion like this in a Star Wars film was when I was a little kid seeing Han Solo frozen in carbonite in ESB. It was so sad it was good.

Padme- All the gansta on Tatooine pour out their blue tinted 40's for you

The Bad

General Grevious- No, he was a great villian. I liked him.. but sheesh man he was coughing the whole time like he had a cold. I don't want to see a coughing villian.. it makes him look... silly.

Darth Vader- Hearing Vader breath that first breath was awesome... seeing him walk like Frankenstein was goofy.

Sidious- I think Sidious voice was eggareratted a wee bit too much in some scenes. It kind of made me chuckle to myself.

Scenes taken out- Hopefully some scenes taken out will be put back in in a special DVD presentation. I will only mention one since it really isn't a spoiler and that is Yoda arriving on Dagobah in exile.

alehm said:
Scenes taken out- Hopefully some scenes taken out will be put back in in a special DVD presentation. I will only mention one since it really isn't a spoiler and that is Yoda arriving on Dagobah in exile.

Also there's a scene they cut out with Qui-gon teaching Yoda how to be a force ghost. That's why Yoda mentions to Obi-wan about that. Also Padme seems kinda... well weak in this movie. It's because all the scenes of her and Bail talking about creating a Rebellion were cut. Hopefully these scenes will come back.

Palps did kinda ham it up in the beginning, but I don't mind. Frankenvader made me cringe with his weak "NOOOOOOOOO!" Mace seemed lifeless. I don't seen the problem with Portman and Haydens acting in this one. They were terrible AOTC, but all their scenes on Mustafar were like... emotional.

Speaking of emotional, my favorite scene in any Star Wars movie from this moment on is Order 66. That was powerful...

AmishSlayer said:
Side note: I went to a midnight showing, did anybody else have a bunch of dorks with lightsabers running around the front having a war? I'm not talking just kids either. I'm talking like 20-30 year olds in the mix.

Haha! Yup. I dont think ive ever judged so many people in all my life.

I had to concentrate so hard not to cry....when Beru and Owen stood there in front of the twin suns...man my eyes never hurt so much.It may be geeky but Star Wars is more then just a movie for me

We didnt get dorks (Well afew..but..I was one of them). But sitting in front of my friends seat, who was next to me, was this very large, very loud women. If theres one thing I cant stand its people who talk in movies, I paid to see the film, not to here a stupid women bleet on about shit to her boyfriend/brother or whatever who was next to her. Lucky she shut up when the film started or I would of broke her neck.. But that didnt stop her moving around alot, sitting up alot so my friend had to sit up (He felt sorry for people behind him), and punching the person next to her playfully.

Lemonking said:
I had to concentrate so hard not to cry....when Beru and Owen stood there in front of the twin suns...man my eyes never hurt so much.It may be geeky but Star Wars is more then just a movie for me

That part always bugged me. I mean I know it had to happen, but hiding Anakins kid with the only family he has left... well duh, that makes sense. Oh and the fact that you got emotional during an emotionally shallow movie is somewhat strange. If you cried during The Green Mile I could understand, but Episode III? C'mon!

Pressure said:
I don't like how they made Grievous out to be weak.

Grevious was a shitty 2d charachter that was invented simply to get from point A in the movie to point B. He was totally stolen from a bugs life or something similar to that too (yes I know the design of his head was some spray can top or something stupid, but I'm refering to his body).

I wouldnt mind the CG charachters in the Star Wars prequels so much if they actually looked real, but man, as technically cool as Grevious was he sure looked shit... you think with all the technology they have in that galaxy far far away they could have come up with a cure for the common cold/a nasty cough too.

It annoys me how Lucas has this back catalogue of cool Aliens to use in his films and always creates new ones for each fracking film. Because of that every film feels totally disjointed from the others in some way.

craig, its a droid- the movements are supposed to be jerky and machinelike. I thought he looked pretty good.
Also the new characters, and huge variety of types of people/things, is what Star Wars is about- for me it was the most appealing aspect of the film. I like more than anything the designs and concepts put into these films- the inspiration for them is always so obvious (things that exist in the world today- for example those droid carriers in ep1 look like elephants, the naboo 'vip' ships look like chrome blackbird jet fighters.etc)

I just saw it.

Better then first 2, but original triolgy is still superior (Mainly in terms of acting and overall atmosphere).

Although this did have a lot of good points, and did have some atmosphere. (code 66 part). They should have made it code 666 though, that woulda been sweet.

Fighting sequences were awesome, espeically when they showed the shells ejecting from the big guns on ships, I was like Hell yea WW2 style.

A lot of the dialogue was crap, espeically between Natalie Portman and Hayden or w/e. Also When Vader yelled NOOOOO, that was the worst thing ever. I dont know why someone on production crew just didnt say, "George.. you cant put that in the movie, its so unbelivably bad its not funny". It was fine with him just destroying shit, that ruined the whole scene. Also the suit looked a little weird, and he walked like an idiot in it.

SenorDingDong said:
I just saw it.

Better then first 2, but original triolgy is still superior (Mainly in terms of acting and overall atmosphere).

Although this did have a lot of good points, and did have some atmosphere. (code 66 part). They should have made it code 666 though, that woulda been sweet.

Fighting sequences were awesome, espeically when they showed the shells ejecting from the big guns on ships, I was like Hell yea WW2 style.

A lot of the dialogue was crap, espeically between Natalie Portman and Hayden or w/e. Also When Vader yelled NOOOOO, that was the worst thing ever. I dont know why someone on production crew just didnt say, "George.. you cant put that in the movie, its so unbelivably bad its not funny". It was fine with him just destroying shit, that ruined the whole scene. Also the suit looked a little weird, and he walked like an idiot in it.

Agreed about Order 66. When that bit happened I was at least hoping some kind of subliminal shit would take place with the clones (maybe something programmed into them at birth) to make them un-willingly turn on the Jedi, but they just seemed to accept it as a normal order. After all it was Sifo Dyas (sp?) who ordered the clones and we're never really sure who he actually ordered them for.

Also agreed about the 'Nooooo' bit... it was cheesy as ****, but if you'd just had prosthetic legs fitted I'm sure you'd be a bit shakey on your feet too lol.

craig said:
Agreed about Order 66. When that bit happened I was at least hoping some kind of subliminal shit would take place with the clones (maybe something programmed into them at birth) to make them un-willingly turn on the Jedi, but they just seemed to accept it as a normal order. After all it was Sifo Dyas (sp?) who ordered the clones and we're never really sure who he actually ordered them for.

There clones, there not people. They live for war, to take orders, no matter how good or evil.

I thought Order 66 was the best bit in the film, it was just so powerfull. Having it code 666 would of been dumb.

Did anyone notice GL's camio? I know he had one, but I didnt spot him, I think his kid was the female twilek(Sp?) who was killed at order 66. As apartently she was in the film, as a jedi.

I also loved the small bit where the young jedi trys to take out some of the clones to protect the ship.

alehm said:
Sidious- I think Sidious voice was eggareratted a wee bit too much in some scenes. It kind of made me chuckle to myself.

Absolutely, especially when Windu was fighting him... Sidious turned into a drunken hobo in a matter of seconds! Yeah that bit was ridiculous hehe. I was expecting Jackson to be like "In the name of the galactic empire, yo under arrest... motha ****er!" :LOL:

I think the movie was good. Not quite "A new hope", but both very entertaining and satisfying for the fans. The thing I loved most about it was that it FELT like Star Wars.

i felt anakin's turn to the dark side after Windu's death was just not believable. In one breath he laments his attack on windu and then bows in front of Palpatine? no way.

That said, i enjoyed the movie very much. i felt some of the acting was not that great. I just felt sad that Anakin had to turn - he was such a badass.

Adidajs said:
i felt anakin's turn to the dark side after Windu's death was just not believable. In one breath he laments his attack on windu and then bows in front of Palpatine? no way.

That said, i enjoyed the movie very much. i felt some of the acting was not that great. I just felt sad that Anakin had to turn - he was such a badass.

agreed totally... good to bad in the space of 2 minutes... yeah right!

It was an 140 minute movie and they should have at least spread the transition out over an hour. His reasons for turning also left me thinking "pfft!" and I think it should have been a cumulative thing.. something like:

1. Jedi Order finds out he's married and he gets expelled.

2. The dreams about Padme should have happened more often and been more intense (possibly with some lies seen in his visions, such as a high ranking Jedi Master doing the actual killing of her or something that could at least give him the ability to use all the things a Jedi shouldn't such as hate, anger, etc).

3. The pressue of Palpatine as was seen in the movie should have been more frequent and the bond between them should have been more evident.

Yak Yak Yak...

Back