Self esteem?

How does your expected self esteem compare to your actual self esteem

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Tony!

Reaction score
First, rate your self esteem on a scale of 0 to 100 and post what you think it is, then edit your post after going to :

http://www.queendom.com/tests/personality/self_esteem_r_access.html
Click, "non members take the test".
Ok its a really standard internet test, if you dont like it go and find a better one but it doesn't matter the point is you probably dont have a clue about what you think of yourself, I thought I semi hated myself but well after taking this shit test I realised that the inaccurate results were telling me that this isnt quite true.

Learn about yourself! Now think about your looks, your personality, your inteligence and your general qualities. You are better then you may think but not if you think negatively. Just trying to give the hl2.netter a bunch of random crap to disagree with :D

According to this test, you have a reasonably high level of self-esteem. There is, however, still some room for improvement -- 63

True enough, probably scored lower than I would cause of depression. But not a bad result really, but I'm fairly indifferent to it cause I don't care either way, im happy being me so meh :).

Besides, people with really high self esteem come across as arrogant individuals anyway :p so I'm glad im not right at the top :)

What sort of score did you expect? Oh and i got around 63 ish too, was expecting around 40 :O

I got 46.. "According to this test, you have a reasonably high level of self-esteem. There is, however, still some room for improvement. "

I thought I would be fairly high. I got 70. Thats:

"According to this test, you have a reasonably high level of self-esteem. There is, however, still some room for improvement."

Not too shabby. :)

And I tend to agree, some questions that make you think there. For example when in conversation with people I know fairly well but not very well I tend not to talk a whole lot unless I have something important/relevent to say...

I'm thinking I should just go ahead and talk to people more. I'm quite quiet when I think about it....

marksmanHL2 :) said:
I thought I would be fairly high. I got 70. Thats:

"According to this test, you have a reasonably high level of self-esteem. There is, however, still some room for improvement."

Not too shabby. :)

And I tend to agree, some questions that make you think there. For example when in conversation with people I know fairly well but not very well I tend not to talk a whole lot unless I have something important/relevent to say...

I'm thinking I should just go ahead and talk to people more. I'm quite quiet when I think about it....

That sounds like your just gonna do it for the sake of how other people consider you. Doesn't matter what other people think, unless their your closest friends, and i mean close, not just people you hang out with. If your happy with yourself then why change?

Oh and im beginning to wonder if the above comment from the site is standard whatever the result heh.

The Dark Elf said:
That sounds like your just gonna do it for the sake of how other people consider you. Doesn't matter what other people think, unless their your closest friends, and i mean close, not just people you hang out with. If your happy with yourself then why change?

Oh and im beginning to wonder if the above comment from the site is standard whatever the result heh.

Yeah, I know I shouldnt really care about what they think of me. But thats kinda the reason why I want to get in and talk more. Because I am sort of hesitant about saying things that might come out wrong or displease people... I dont like upsetting people..

And yeah, I agree about it being a complete and utter scam lol.... just some of the questions made me think. :)

I thought (cautiously) that I would be quite high, and I got 64.
I'm generally happy with myself.

I did click "sometimes" a lot though, because I hadn't really thought about it, and I was inclined to swing either way in different situations.

According to this test, you have a reasonably high level of self-esteem. There is, however, still some room for improvement.

68 :)

I can't actually be arsed to do the test. I'm constantly just 'meh' about everything.

CBA. DGAF. etc.

They should have something to belittle you and make you feel small above a certain score :LOL:

According to this test, you have a reasonably high level of self-esteem. There is, however, still some room for improvement and 70.

I was expecting 30.

I got 75, but I re-did it thinking like I would have a few years back and got 42, so yeah, guess I've improved :)

bliink said:
I got 75, but I re-did it thinking like I would have a few years back and got 42, so yeah, guess I've improved :)

Aye same for me really...

:)

All good. :thumbs:

62 -
i have just one problem with things - when meeting new people im usually quiet - if i get to know someone im funny, quick witted, etc...
Curse that damn traumatising experience when i was younger (proper ****** me)

Cool, I guessed 70 and got a 68...

Sabre- I am the EXACT SAME WAY!! I can't believe somebody has finally put it into words... You are just like me in that aspect...

And it seems I am not shy to any one anymore when close friends are around... It's really an amazing feeling to feel easy about it.. When you live most of your life in shyness...

vegeta897 said:
Cool, I guessed 70 and got a 68...

Sabre- I am the EXACT SAME WAY!! I can't believe somebody has finally put it into words... You are just like me in that aspect...

And it seems I am not shy to any one anymore when close friends are around... It's really an amazing feeling to feel easy about it.. When you live most of your life in shyness...
A good way to get over shyness like that is to just jump into the deep end. I took a stint teaching 3D at a local Uni, was bloody awful at first and im still not super keen on doing it, but it helped me get over the whole fear of public speaking thing back then.

My guess: 100

Score: 73

According to this test, you have a reasonably high level of self-esteem. There is, however, still some room for improvement.

This is odd, as I never doubt myself

I expected 45-50, and got a 66. This seems to be inline with most here, as if people think they have less self-esteem than they actually do.

DoctorGordon said:
My guess: 100

Score: 73

This is odd, as I never doubt myself

Self-esteem and self-doubt are two different things

I got 36.

"This likely comes as no surprise to you, but you have relatively low self-esteem. Your answers on the test showed a lot of doubt about your own abilities, lack of self-love and some attitudes and beliefs that are contributing to your confidence problem."

According to this test, you have high self-esteem. You recognize your inner value and it shows in your personal life, relationships and career/school success.

Hmm, I do have a lot of self esteem but I wouldn't say it necessarily shows through in my education ;) Or for that matter relationships, depending on what kind we are talking about.

Edit: thinking about it, the answer to this is probably that up until not so long ago I was painfully shy. I'd probably have scored about 30 if I'd have done this a couple of years ago.

63... those questions didn't quite hit it on the spot, though...

I got 40 something, i've always thought i had low self-esteem. I'm rubbish when someone challenges me, say in confrontation or even challenging me at being social... i cant do group discussions face to face, but im fine with just one person. I see myself as quiet because of that.
Anyway, good test, made me think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back