Shamrock Look At This Baby

Man i bet thats sweet playing games and movies on that. Looks awesome!

I WANT ONE NOW!

That is great, im on a nice flat screen 19" CRT here but now I'm jealous.

Yeah its AWSOME just played some CS:S And let me tell you its like nothing i've experienced before.

But for some reason i t wont let me play BF 2 . When i click the icon to play it just kicks me out to desktop.! What do i do?

Send the monitor to me :) I'll "fix" it ;)

Erm... you might have to run the game in different resolution or something... use some command to change it. I'm not sure what it is though and what resolution to use.

I would check out what resolutions battle field 2 supports. If I remember right it has a poor selection of screen resolutions.

Tweakguides has instructions on how to change battlefield into different resolutions. Try looking there.

EDIT:
By default the game tries to launch at 800x600@60Hz initially, so your system must be able to run that same resolution and refresh rate, otherwise the game will abort.

To set resolutions go here:

http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_7.html

What's the max resolution of it?

I am on a beautiful Dell 21" Widescreen LCD monitor 1680x1050.

Suddenly I notice the borders on the side of my 17" TFT

Damn you, damn you all with your uber screens

Oh, I sent off my college funding form a few days ago . . . . perhaps I shall get something nice with my bursary :D

DrDevin said:
I would check out what resolutions battle field 2 supports. If I remember right it has a poor selection of screen resolutions.

Tweakguides has instructions on how to change battlefield into different resolutions. Try looking there.

EDIT:

To set resolutions go here:

http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_7.html

hmm thanks i'll check it out. ill be right back

Alan Freeman said:

Oh wow, talk about digging yourself into a hole with credit cards and all that shit, man, you DON'T need that shit, Im serious I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything or call you dumb but I just really think that's a WASTE OF MONEY.
In other words, those 2 half life 2 wallpapers, both of them the orange and blue one, could you tell me where to get those? :|

Nice pictures. I want. I want. I want. :)
But to be honest, i wouldn't have paid that much for a monitor/tv. But to each his own.

Ren.182 said:
Nice pictures. I want. I want. I want. :)
But to be honest, i wouldn't have paid that much for a monitor/tv. But to each his own.

Alan would I guess, the monitor is very nice, but not worth my 1k moola, now come on Alan, those 2 monitor wallpapers with the Half Life 2 symbol please. :p

Haha. I like the title. :D

Anyway, I think that price tag was a little steep, but since I know how much money you rake in, thats a good buy. What is the contrast ratio on that thing? The one I told you to get was 1200:1 and was only $800. That saves you $500 for whatever you want though I don't think you need to save. :p Anyway, that looks hella sweet. Have you tried connecting it to regular TV? Try it and tell me how it looks. I want to know if 32" LCD TV is actually good as a TV or just strictly a monitor. Put something next to it like a smaller TV or such, I want to see a comparison.

All in all, I think you spent a little too much, but it does look awesome, and I think you made a decent call. Could have probably got it cheaper somewhere else although I am sure you didn't want to risk shipping from online retailers with such a high cost product.

You might want to change your siggy. :p

Freemanator89 said:
Oh wow, talk about digging yourself into a hole with credit cards and all that shit, man, you DON'T need that shit, Im serious I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything or call you dumb but I just really think that's a WASTE OF MONEY.
In other words, those 2 half life 2 wallpapers, both of them the orange and blue one, could you tell me where to get those? :|
Here theres soo many of them

http://wallpaper.hl2x.com/

Shamrock said:
Haha. I like the title. :D

Anyway, I think that price tag was a little steep, but since I know how much money you rake in, thats a good buy. What is the contrast ratio on that thing? The one I told you to get was 1200:1 and was only $800. That saves you $500 for whatever you want though I don't think you need to save. :p Anyway, that looks hella sweet. Have you tried connecting it to regular TV? Try it and tell me how it looks. I want to know if 32" LCD TV is actually good as a TV or just strictly a monitor. Put something next to it like a smaller TV or such, I want to see a comparison.

All in all, I think you spent a little too much, but it does look awesome, and I think you made a decent call. Could have probably got it cheaper somewhere else although I am sure you didn't want to risk shipping from online retailers with such a high cost product.

You might want to change your siggy. :p
yeah i really didnt want to worry about the shipping and all that mess. Thanks for good comments. The only reason i have money is because i dont have a girlfriend lol.

And about the comparison thingy i dont have a nearby tv to show you the difference but it looks good when i watch tv. i dont have cable or sattalite soo Sorry.

Can you tell me if using it as your main TV would be fine? Because I was thinking about purchasing that Soyo one I showed you since its only $800. I bet that looks awesome with HDR and all of those newer better games.

Yeah I have no girlfriend and no job. I am getting one soon though. I need to talk to my friend about it.

Do you still have your old monitor? Want to send it to me? :D /me being serious.

By the way, CHANGE THE PICS IN YOUR SIGGY! :D

Shamrock said:
Can you tell me if using it as your main TV would be fine? Because I was thinking about purchasing that Soyo one I showed you since its only $800. I bet that looks awesome with HDR and all of those newer better games.

Yeah I have no girlfriend and no job. I am getting one soon though. I need to talk to my friend about it.

Do you still have your old monitor? Want to send it to me? :D /me being serious.

By the way, CHANGE THE PICS IN YOUR SIGGY! :D

Where do you live and how do i send it i've never done this before.?:D

Alan Freeman said:
Where do you live and how do i send it i've never done this before.?:D
If you are being serious, I will touch your body. PM me if you are. :D

Dumb Dude said:
A link to the $800 one would be really nice.
Here you go. I am thinking of purchasing it, and I have seen some great reviews on it as of late, but I also saw some bad reviews. Also, I am skeptical about buying it online. Plus, there is another merchant that is selling it that I heard is very trustworthy. I will try to find that link, too.
Shamrock said:
If I were you, I'd get a 32 inch TV from eCost.com or TigerDirect.com for $795 after a $50 rebate.

The brand is Soyo.. I don't know how well they are with TVs, but this ones stats are amazing for the price.
This could be a good buy, but I haven't seen too many reviews on it.

Linky 1
Linky 2

Here is the other site: MacMall.
Linky 3

Nice screen. A little expensive but it's probably worth it.
Now you need to upgrade your sound! :p

/me hugs Z-5500s :D

You bastards, oh well my 24" is serving me well lol, thanks for pics link alan :D

I want a free monitor... :(

xD

I really want to see all my games on a big screen, especially with my new overclock and SLi.

Ren.182 said:
I want a free monitor... :(

xD

I really want to see all my games on a big screen, especially with my new overclock and SLi.
Yeah this thing is INSANE it really brings out the vibrant colors the game especially BF2 . It was worth every penny. If you have the dough get one. If you dont steal one.

Nice alan, good/big monitors FTW !!!! I remember getting mine, was a good moment, although now it seems small lol...

/wanders off to check bank balance

xD

Alan Freeman said:
Yeah this thing is INSANE it really brings out the vibrant colors the game especially BF2 . It was worth every penny. If you have the dough get one. If you dont steal one.

You could send me one :D :rolleyes:

I do indeed :)
Still want a huge monitor. I don't span my games across both screens 1) because SLi doesn't support that, and 2) the crosshair will be in the middle of the two monitors ;)

:p

Yay for my 17'' crt I bought like 3 yrs ago!

I just upgraded my comp, but my monitor is really lame in comparision now. Unfortunately I spent like 600 bucks on my upgrade, and have no money for a real monitor. Especially since Im transfering to a expensive ass school next yr.

Alan Freeman... I personally hate you. And everyone else, everyone I know atleast has a plasma screen that is huge, but I have an old crt, that is small.

Not sure if this was mentioned already but HOLY SHIT ALAN YOU GOTS A BIG MOUSE PAD!

Oh and a big monitor too, I guess...

Idonotbelonghere said:
Not sure if this was mentioned already but HOLY SHIT ALAN YOU GOTS A BIG MOUSE PAD!

Oh and a big monitor too, I guess...

Wow, your right! His mouse pad is as big as my crt screen.

I want to see what Counterstrike looks like with that baby. Post an ingame picture...

D€vIL² said:
I want to see what Counterstrike looks like with that baby. Post an ingame picture...
I'll do it in the future. I had some problems with my account. I'm on my old one now.

Back