Shoot with your keyboard

Got to about 36 before being overcome. Pretty cool game.

xuKFH.png

OoqiS.png

Rather fun game but **** it took so long to get to that damn point that I'm really not keen to try again.

EDIT: Also, did anyone's sound cut out? My last few levels had none and I couldn't tell that I'd missed the last letter of one of the words until it was too late, resulting in my defeat :(

acepilotf14_1317762518.png

Not game over yet, got to wave 51 and then got bored. They rarely get past the first inch of the top of the screen and I'm wondering when the difficulty starts to scale.

I'm leaving it on pause I might go back and try to hit 100.

Pretty fun typing game. Only got to round 32 my first try though.

I left due to boredom, yeah I don't think it gets much harder, or not soon enough anyways.

Excellent typing game with awesome ambient soundtrack. Thanks much for this!

Don't like how you're locked into a word once you start it. I was trying to shoot those projectile ones, and it locked me into a word and I couldn't tell what was happening and ended up losing because I couldn't type the word that was about to kill me. Dumb. Also, I typed a word before it even started coming on screen and it disallowed it, counting all the keys as misses, ruining my perfect accuracy.

Sound turned off around level 38. I think it may be intentional, because the "clicks" were automatic cues to recognize you've forgot a few letters or accidentally locked into an off-target word.

Got to level 49, was going smooth, then all of a sudden my keyboard wasn't responding due to a glitch. I didn't see any orange letters, so I didn't think I wasn't locked in. Then I see a black square next to the word I had already begun to type (apparently)... but I was going at so fast a pace, I had no idea what word it was and what letters were needed to complete it. After mashing my keyboard in, I finally got it. But, I was too late and had already been overcome by a bagillion other words.

I get paid to type... I don't think I'd find this fun. :eek:

Got to 53 and blew it. It's a fun game, but I'd rather not try to achieve a higher score.

final score: 8767

accurace: 92.2%

I was on level 54 I think.

whYSo.png

Uhh.... maybe it's just that flash starting wigging out and slowing my laptop down, but this game seemed really slow. Around Level 45, I started practicing typing with only one hand.

[edit] nvm this is with actual trying and no slowdown as far as I could tell. Seems the trick is just to prioritize and type all the big words when they show up, then clean up the normal ones in the interim. On other typing tests I tend to be just average. The worst I played was a typewriter one where you actually had to align things (e.g. tab/space over to where the word was falling down the page).
0lhFr.png

Ugh, this game sucks. too slow... not challenging at all unless youlet people get close. And that's what I did after the 50th level... I just waited for them to come and see what happens and then it becomes a crap shoot.

Also I hate that all typing test things count a mistyped character as inaccurate which can easily cause a string of mistypes, because it ruins the flow of what you're trying to type. I make mistakes all the freaking time, but I physically feel whenever I've hit the wrong key and i quickly backspace and correct my mistake. It's a really dynamic approach in the way people who type for a living or who just type fast actually type... but none of the tests/games etc simulate that really.

I make mistakes all the freaking time, but I physically feel whenever I've hit the wrong key and i quickly backspace and correct my mistake.
If you did that in the game it wouldn't result in a 'string of mistypes'.

If you did that in the game it wouldn't result in a 'string of mistypes'.

Not really... not in the environment this game has set up.

But really though, I'm not expecting this game to be any sort of representation of an actual serious typing environment.

I've always wanted to play a game that simulates typing closed captions. I know in real life they probably have some shortcuts and not just straight typing, but still it'd be more interesting. I suppose I could just turn on my tv and start typing though.

Back