Sleep and Lucid Dreams

Geogaddi

Reaction score
I've been awake for well over 24 hours now and I am soon to retire to bed.

I plan to see if I can induce a lucid dream by waking myself in the middle of a deep sleep cycle and try to jump back into the dream aware of the dream this time.

I have had only one partial Lucid dream in the past. It kicked ass.

I need to stay up for at least another hour though. Entertain me pinions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

Do anything to exhaust yourself and don't sleep for a long time, when you finally do get rest, i'm pretty sure you'd get a lucid dream or sleep paralysis.

Lucid Dreaming...I could never do it. :(

*walks into thread* Oh hi.
*walks out*

I experienced sleep paralysis a few weeks back when staying at a mate's house. Such a weird feeling, it felt as if I was consciously awake yet still dreaming, couldn't move any of my limbs until I somehow conjured up the ability to extend my right arm straight out and point it out horizontally from my body. When I woke up properly, lo and behold, my arm was where I had moved it.

Seems pretty lame explaining it now, but at the time it absolutely boggled my mind. Very intriguing experience.

Sleep paralysis happens EVERY night during your REM cycle.

It's an explanation for those people who say they wake up and are being abducted by aliens but can't move.

best lucid dreaming website: http://www.dreamviews.com/

I had a few lucid dreams... a long time ago ;/

Sleep paralysis heh - watch out for surprise buttsechs when you can't do anything about it (lucid buttsechs, you are aware it's happening). D:

I've been awake for well over 24 hours now and I am soon to retire to bed.

I plan to see if I can induce a lucid dream by waking myself in the middle of a deep sleep cycle and try to jump back into the dream aware of the dream this time.

I have had only one partial Lucid dream in the past. It kicked ass.

I need to stay up for at least another hour though. Entertain me pinions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

Suggestions: Write about it. Just start writing in a journal what you hope to achieve in your dream.

Do reality checks! Before you go to sleep, in this next hour or so, check your reality every few minutes.

Sleep near a light. I find that it helps to have light on my retina to make vivid, lucid dreams.

Don't become too excited. If you find you are dreaming, relax, calm down, look around you and enjoy it. Don't try to do anything too serious or you will wake up, at least until you get used to it.

Try eating chocolate (it helps, I swear).

I've gotten to a point now where just about all of my dreams are lucid. I have done this through a constant use of writing things down, and just in general learning what a dream "feels like".

I wish you the best of luck!

I had a lucid dream a few nights ago. I did some of my best flirting in that dream. Then I went to Europe (Switzertand I believe I can't really remember)

"When you dream, there are no rules. People can fly, anything can happen. Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking when you become aware of the real world around you, but you're still dreaming. You may think you can fly, but you'd better not try it."

Interpret it as you will.

Lucid dreams can really make you over emotional in real life, I don't know about anyone else but if I have a dream about someone I know I can't stop thinking about them!

Lucid dreaming works more when you get a lot of sleep, you will have more lucid dreams that way. I think.... actually nevermind, don't trust me, I don't know what I am talking about, I only remember my dreams about twice a week because i get no sleep.

Does anyone ever half-wake up, but cant move their body or breath or scream? -That happens to me every once in a while, its really horrible

Does anyone ever half-wake up, but cant move their body or breath or scream? -That happens to me every once in a while, its really horrible
Every now and then I wake up but my body is asleep. I will wake up, and it's always my legs. I'll start thinking "ok move your leg".... but nothing happens. Sometimes my feet will cross when i'm sleeping and i'll immediately wake up. However my body is asleep and I can't seperate my feet. Then some time will pass, my body wakes up and I fix my feet.

You're awake and you can think, but you can't make a sound, can't move any part of your body, can't open your eyes. I have feeling. I can feel that my legs are touching and are crossed.

I think some people(like me) will actually wake up during the REM stage of sleep, when they are transitioning out of a dream.

Lucid dreams can really make you over emotional in real life, I don't know about anyone else but if I have a dream about someone I know I can't stop thinking about them!

Exactley. I kept dreaming about this girl that I barely even knew. She was my dream sign because I so very rarely ever saw her (like maybe once a month), that every time I did I knew I had to be in a dream. It was weird.

Also I'll have a dream about cockroaches and be afraid for weeks that a cockroach is crawling under my pillow.

Halen, your probably just stessing out about something. Dreams are weird.

Never mind... It's too weird.

i can top that, that really isn't that weird, I once had a dream that my mother tried to have sex with me, that was much more terrifying

I just woke up after a decent amount of sleep with no dream recall. I've been up for an hour and I'm about to go back to sleep to see if I can't induce a lucid dream.

EDIT: I'm not going to try I AM going to achieve a lucid dream.

I think I used to lucid dream, I'm not sure though.

I've had two or three lucid dreams, each of them probably lasted no more than like five seconds though. All of them ended in some dramatic fashion (the image shattering like a piece of glass), leading to blackness, and more annoyingly - sleep paralysis. Haven't had one in ages now though.

Coincidentally, I had two the last couple of nights. I think it's because my wife braided my hair (which keeps it out of my face, which otherwise wakes me up, I think). Just this morning, I rose out of REM sleep to find my heart racing and my eyes moving back and forth - the weird part is I always thought I'd be looking left and right, but I noticed that my 'focus' was pointing downward, like I was looking from one foot to the other. The dream was fairly interesting, so I stayed with it and told my 'self' to calm down. It didn't help - the axle on one wheel of my truck was a glass thermometer, and it was too short to get the nut on with the wheel in place, even though the tire was about as big as that of a lawnmower.

I've been messing around with trying to achieve lucid dream states fairly recently. Writing down my dreams the moment I wake up, identifying cues while dreaming, et cetera...

Had a few minor ones. I hope to get better with time.

Last night I dreamed I killed somebody. :|

I dreamt that I had set up Sterilizers (the turrets from HL2, of all things) in front of my house, expecting some sort of trouble. I was going to bed and I heard the alarm that they sound before they start firing. I grabbed my MP5 and went outside, waiting for whoever it was. It turned out to be my neighbor, holding a pistol and trying to get inside window. He saw me and started to raise his pistol, but I was faster and put a three-round-burst into his head.

I remember going to school the next feeling absolutely miserable.

Damn, dreams are wierd.

its much more fun to have an OBE. It is one of the coolest experiences I have ever had

Well I failed pretty hard, both times I was asleep when my head hit the pillow.

In the mean time though, I'm training myself to stop what I'm doing and ask myself if I'm dreaming or not.

As for OBE's, I figured it would be much easier to shoot for lucid dreams since they're so much more common.

You can get an OBE pretty easily... with drugs. :|

As for OBE's, I figured it would be much easier to shoot for lucid dreams since they're so much more common.
OBE's and lucid dreams tend to go hand in hand in my experience. But I think you're on the right track, because LD's have less of a percieved difficulty and usually are achieved easier because of that.

I'm getting some occasional lucid dreams/OBE's lately, they've just occured spontaneously. First one, a week or so ago, I was semi-waking up in the middle of the night, and for some reason I kept imagining an indian drum beating next to my bed (to help me have an OBE, somehow), and suddenly something came in with full force on my stomach, and basically pushed me out of my body. Next thing I know I'm above the roofs with some people, and I gather that the thing that pushed me out was a woman. We talked a little bit and I did what I usually do when OBE/lucid, fondle the living shit out of the nearest woman in sight. It didn't last much longer after that, heh.

Another one was happening just a few days ago in the early morning, it was more of a lucid dream because it was more abstract, basically I was flying around on a green field with lots of other people, doing different things for enjoyment, all involving what you can do without the restraints of gravity. I tried to get a little bit of spiritual information with no success (I hardly believe my 'spirit' name is Swatch, if that is true could I get somehow sued by the trademark company? ). I still love the feeling of flying, the sense of freedom coupled with it is easily the greatest part of OBEs.

Ugh, i've had annoying ones where i would wake up, but not be completley concious, so like I would see something (a pillow) and i thought it was a ventalation shaft, and whatnot. It's annoying cause i can't really sleep but at the same time i cant get up.

Also, i've had this for the past 2 days. When i'm close to waking up, i begin to hear the dramatic starcraft 2 music that it plays in the concept art trailer, and have this urge to play starcraft 2. Or i'll hear the terran music from starcraft 1 and then have this overwhelming feeling of memories/missing playing starcraft

I think i need help :|

The most recent, significant memories I have are these two: One where I was, for some reason, armed with an IMI Galil, and I had to storm a hill with some other guys.

Then later, another one where I shot a guy an AK47. It was pretty cool and I felt awesome when I awoke! I guess I like weapons, and when I'm in control of the dream, I get them.

Does anyone know of any ways to remember dreams? Cause I never remember anything about any of my dreams.
Possibly cause Im quite a light sleeper, Ill end up waking up after about 5/6 hours sleep then just lying in bed day-dreaming for hours.
Id love to be able to remember dreams though, you get all these people with awesome stories about their dream last night and Im just there like... yea...

i had one this morning were i bit a whole in my finger and grabbed a rubber band and put it around and it was driving to the hospital

I think I tried lucid dreaming for about a month a while back. Little success. I gave up.

Apparently there are some things to look out for in dreams. Text is supposed to spaz out and mutate. Machines, even stuff like light switches don't work. Your short-term memory will be short or missing. And... your hands will look wierd.

Here's a website. The FAQ is pretty good. There used to be a forum, but I can't find it anymore.

And for those interested, I dreamt about running through windows at school last night.

That is all.

I think I tried lucid dreaming for about a month a while back. Little success. I gave up.

Apparently there are some things to look out for in dreams. Text is supposed to spaz out and mutate. Machines, even stuff like light switches don't work. Your short-term memory will be short or missing. And... your hands will look wierd.

Here's a website. The FAQ is pretty good. There used to be a forum, but I can't find it anymore.

And for those interested, I dreamt about running through windows at school last night.

That is all.

I remember that when I realised that I might be dreaming, I checked my watch to confirm this. The display made no sense and/or changed when I looked somewhere else and then back at it.

Would like to experience a lucid dream again, but I heard it's good to go to sleep early to get clear dreams. And I tend to go between 1-2 AM.

i tried it a few times, it's really hard for me to stay lucid even if i actually achieve it, which has only happened once or twice. the dream really becomes unstable when i do achieve it anyway, because i statr to just wake up.

I remember that when I realised that I might be dreaming, I checked my watch to confirm this. The display made no sense and/or changed when I looked somewhere else and then back at it.

Would like to experience a lucid dream again, but I heard it's good to go to sleep early to get clear dreams. And I tend to go between 1-2 AM.

I think you're just meant get lots of sleep so that you wake naturally out of a dream, so it's easier to recall. I think insomnia is supposed to be good too, though I can't think why.

There's nothing more boring a conversation piece than other peoples dreams.

Back