Small bug in polls

Woa, weird. I always just thought it was broken. Its been like that for me for as long as I can remember. I never type www in my urls, so I never realized it did actually work.

Use www. then. Sorted!

Seeing as you guys actually do read this section it seems can I get an answer on the "forum policy" thread two threads down?

Woa, weird. I always just thought it was broken. Its been like that for me for as long as I can remember. I never type www in my urls, so I never realized it did actually work.

This is exactly the situation I was in, but when they front-page'd the current poll I figured, it must be working for someone, and worked out why it wasn't working for me.

This might be the first time www. actually matters.

You appear to be running Apache, so have some codes: :p

Code:
RewriteEngine on
rewritecond %{http_host} ^halflife2.net [nc]
rewriterule ^(.*)$ http://www.halflife2.net/$1 [r=301,nc]

* Of course a better solution would be to debug the javascript, but this is easier...

I still prefer the option of you adding www. to your bookmark :)

I, for one don't usually use my bookmark. I just type "H" in the omni bar and Chrome handles it from there.

I still prefer the option of you adding www. to your bookmark :)

Personally I type URLs. Anyway, if you want some motivation, it's a best practice for content to only be available at a single canonical URL (or to use the link rel=canonical tag to indicate what the authoritative URL is). You may be penalised by search engines if this is not the case. What I'm saying is, adding those three lines to your Apache config will make your website rank higher in Google.

Makes a lot of sense ZoFrex, seems very logical and sensible indeed. However, that is not how we operate here. Think of something random, then think of something else random. Put them together and that is how we roll!

Are the poll background colors white for anyone else? It's jarring compared to the nice colors of the rest of the site and hard to read the text.

Are the poll background colors white for anyone else? It's jarring compared to the nice colors of the rest of the site and hard to read the text.

Yeah, this has been like this since the new theme. Same with the code blocks in posts.

Back