Small Source Engine Update

Reaction score
Valve have recently released a small bugfix for the Source Engine over Steam. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. Here's the changelog as posted by Valve:

[br]Source Engine
  • Fixed "steamclient.dll not found" error when running a listen server with LAN mode disabled

To view the update, Click here.

Finally. I seriously thought my computer had gone up the spout when this happened. Glad I didn't go and do anything rash to my mod.

-Angry Lawyer

/me jumps in happiness!

Finally, it's fixed! :E

Not fast enough. :angry:

They shouldn't even NEED to release fixes like this. I mean, c'mon. They're a god damn corporation! Don't tell me they don't have testers.

On the brighter side of things, YAY! ONLINE GMOD ONCE AGAIN!

They're ****ing infallable though!

and I never even had this problem so they obviously didn't know it was going to happen!

sinkoman said:
Not fast enough. :angry:

They shouldn't even NEED to release fixes like this. I mean, c'mon. They're a god damn corporation! Don't tell me they don't have testers.

On the brighter side of things, YAY! ONLINE GMOD ONCE AGAIN!
bugs happen, get over it. Be happy that Steam lets them send out small updates like this instead of waiting for another month to package in alot of other things ALONG WITH THAT fix.

some people are so ungratefull.

Time and time again, Steam proves its vast usefulness. Microupdates are the way to go for sure.

Go try some advanced programming; you'd understand then. You can test forever, you can't try every combination of hardware, software and user input that happens in the real world. When they release a patch, you're the one testing it. If you then encounter a bug, you contact them and let them know.

If you want almost weekly patches and updates, you can't expect them all to be perfect, there's simply not enough time.

Yeh, sometimes stuff can slip out which causes an issue in something you never expected. It happens, look at how spectacularly wrong the last Garry's Mod release went, for one.

It's really annoying when they don't tell you what they fixed in the Update list. I always have to find out the changes from this website.

bigdeezy23 said:
It's really annoying when they don't tell you what they fixed in the Update list. I always have to find out the changes from this website.

Well i suppose that that is least of they worries. ;)

Back