So Obama is coming to my town....

FrostedxB

Tank
Reaction score
Driving to work today, there was unusually heavy traffic and there were some blacked out SUV's parked at a burger king parking lot.

I'm going home from work and most the traffic has been funneled into 2 lanes. There was a huge tent in the BK lot and a ton of guys in suits (I think its worth pointing out that they were white) with sunglasses and earpieces just chillin.

I get home and a half hour later, the phone rings. The mayor is sending a message about the President visiting a little sub shop called Tastees Subs (small business/ma and pa shop, been around since before I was born).

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/07/president_barack_obama_visits.html

Obama will lead a roundtable discussion at the Tastee Sub Shop on Plainfield Avenue, a local institution, to promote the Small Business Jobs Act, which he hopes the Senate will pass this week. The roundtable will include Dave Thornton, the sub shop’s co-owner, along with owners of three other small businesses from different parts of the state.

The legislation would eliminate capital gains taxes for some small business investments and create a $30 billion Small Business Lending Fund for community banks. It would also provide $2 billion in grants for state programs designed to encourage small business growth, some of which have been cut because of budget problems.

Really dunno what to make of this. Even if it helps small business, how badly would big business be hurt?

Maybe this will make it easier for me to start up my indie game studio.

How would this hurt big business? I don't really know much about the bill.

Rakurai, please explain this to us morans.

Reading up on the bill, it seems to be pretty good, actually. It offers tax breaks to banks that finance small businesses, and allows the owners write off more purchases to ease their tax burden.

You know, it makes me feel bad that you guys get the cool leader and we get boring ol' Stephen Harper.

You know, it makes me feel bad that you guys get the cool leader and we get boring ol' Stephen Harper.

yeeah...come to my part of the country and see how many of the retards around here (Tea Party) like him.

Not a big fan of the Celebrity in Chief, myself.

Country going to hell in a hand basket, and he goes on "The View"...

Better than a Retard in Chief.

bushflag.jpg

This country has been sitting in a basket on hell's doorstep long before Obama came in. Now we're finally at least trying to get out of it.

Was he really that dumb?

Why yes, yes he was.

And I find it funny you used 9/11 as the example when the idiot sat there reading a children's book as our country was attacked.

And our country is falling apart now, unemployment climbing, debt massively increasing every day, etc and O goes on The View?

"was george bush dumb?"

that sounds like a "how dumb was he" joke

I'd say pretty darn dumb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5xVRXLgLxw

Ridge said:
And our country is falling apart now, unemployment climbing, debt massively increasing every day, etc and O goes on The View?

:upstare:

The legislation would eliminate capital gains taxes for some small business investments

getting rid of the capital gains tax is pretty good for small business investors. for example if you buy an investment property and rent out for say a period of 20 years. when it comes time to sell that investment you have to pay tax on the money gained from the investment property over those 20 years. so if say you purchased it at say 20K and sell it for 80k you'd have to pay tax on the difference: 60k

I wish they'd get rid of captial gains tax in ontario. as it stands say you inherit a property from your family but you dont live there. you'll have to pay the captial gains tax on that property before you can legally own it. it really ****ing sucks for people in that situation as they can see their inheritance being chipped away by the tax man

So? The president isn't supposed to do interviews because the guy before him totally ****ed up the country?

You really need to get your head out of Bush's ass, you're embarrassing yourself.

So? The president isn't supposed to do interviews because the guy before him totally ****ed up the country?

You really need to get your head out of Bush's ass, you're embarrassing yourself.

I'm saying instead of fund raising and doing television interviews and going golfing, he should be working with his people and actually trying to fix the problem...

And, for you, Stern...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3_OWAs0aIU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr7zhnctF4c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

Was he really that dumb? He gave one of the best speeches in recent history on the rubble of the WTC, and didnt need 4 teleprompters to do it...
Bland jingoism. That's the best he's got?

I'm saying instead of fund raising and doing television interviews and going golfing, he should be working with his people and actually trying to fix the problem...

Yes, I know what you are saying. You are saying the president shouldn't do interviews during a campaign season because the guy before him ****ed up the country.

And that's ****ing retarded. It wouldn't be as retarded if you had brought any of this up during the Bush administration, you didn't. But now with the black guy in the white house...

Like I said, you're embarrassing yourself.

Yes, I know what you are saying. You are saying the president shouldn't do interviews during a campaign season because the guy before him ****ed up the country.

And that's ****ing retarded. It wouldn't be as retarded if you had brought any of this up during the Bush administration, you didn't. But now with the black guy in the white house...

Like I said, you're embarrassing yourself.

I'm suprised it took you your 2nd post to play the race card.

To suggest that Obama isn't doing anything to solve the problems we have, and is instead just doing interviews and playing golf all the time... really blows me away. How could you actually think that? You'd have to be blind (or, equivalently, a right-wing nutjob) to not see that he actually is working on all the issues.

And then to say that Bush was any better? Remember how he vacationing in Cali during Katrina? Jesus dude, you're really quite messed up.

You know what, I hated Obama at first. I thought he'd pull US troops out of Iraq, Afganistan, and all around the world including Korea just to appease the peacemongers. I'm very glad that he didn't, and I actually like him more that now he keeps sending Hilary Clinton over to Korea multiple times, and even his Secretary of Defense. He's almost as good as George Bush.

Still, as a rule of thumb, all politicians are malicious scheming bastards who don't deserve and aren't worth the taxes, much less political power. Obama (and all politicians before him) tried his best to attain political power. For that reason, I'm always going to be suspicious of his motives.

There are no good politicians. There are the competent, and there are the normal.

To be honest, it's not actually Bush's or Obama's fault when something goes awry. He's just the president. You can't blame the president for everything that happens, rather its better to blame yourselves, since you're the ones who put the institutions, ect, ect, in place before him.

I don't like the Bush slagging and it has made me uncomfortable for quite a while now. Lets stop making a big deal of mis-pronunciations and instead focus on serious issues like policies, wars and tax-cuts.

To suggest that Obama isn't doing anything to solve the problems we have, and is instead just doing interviews and playing golf all the time... really blows me away. How could you actually think that? You'd have to be blind (or, equivalently, a right-wing nutjob) to not see that he actually is working on all the issues.

And then to say that Bush was any better? Remember how he vacationing in Cali during Katrina? Jesus dude, you're really quite messed up.

How many times did Bush go golfing during his presidency? Not just during a crisis, but in total. Barack has hit the links 17 TIMES since the oil rig exploded. He tells us how we have to tighten our belt, then takes Air Force 1 to New York so he and Michelle can go to the theater and a fine dining restaurant. He preaches about using less electricty, but keeps the Oval Office hovering at nearly 80 degrees all winter long.

He seems really good at telling us to do as he says, not as he does.

How many times did Bush go golfing during his presidency? Not just during a crisis, but in total. Barack has hit the links 17 TIMES since the oil rig exploded. He tells us how we have to tighten our belt, then takes Air Force 1 to New York so he and Michelle can go to the theater and a fine dining restaurant. He preaches about using less electricty, but keeps the Oval Office hovering at nearly 80 degrees all winter long.

He seems really good at telling us to do as he says, not as he does.

are you ****ing kidding me? should he go back to hanging his laundry out the white house window or maybe he can hire some of the nation's unemployed to fan him all day. you're being ridiculous

are you ****ing kidding me? should he go back to hanging his laundry out the white house window or maybe he can hire some of the nation's unemployed to fan him all day. you're being ridiculous

I'm saying that maybe he shouldnt be using Air Force 1 to fly his holidays...like Michelle's recent trip to Spain....it was labeled as a diplomatic trip, even though the only diplomacy she performed was to the shopping malls...

You stupid sonofabitch, its not because of ****ing race. She's not President, and I dont live in Alaska. It has no effect on me what she does in/to that state, so it makes no ****ing point what I say about that.

He's plenty fine to fly on Air Force 1, when he is doing things related to running a country. Using it as a charter plane so his wife can go shopping in Europe is NOT why that plane exists.

Well that came out during the election. You never mentioned it. You never mentioned anything bad about Palin during that time. You said you would gladly vote for her over Obama.

Nor did you ever bitch about Bush when he was using air force one to go on vacation.

Now the black guy dares to fly on Air Force one and you got a problem. Nobody here believes your irrational and frankly comical hate of Obama isn't racist, I know that it is based on your prior statements. Protest all you want, but you might as well just get the N word off your chest, I know it must be killing you.

When Obama isn't aboard, technically it isn't Air Force One. Just saying ...

You're unbelievable ridge... Why does it matter what the color of his skin is?

Well that came out during the election. You never mentioned it. You never mentioned anything bad about Palin during that time. You said you would gladly vote for her over Obama.

Nor did you ever bitch about Bush when he was using air force one to go on vacation.

Now the black guy dares to fly on Air Force one and you got a problem. Nobody here believes your irrational and frankly comical hate of Obama isn't racist, I know that it is based on your prior statements. Protest all you want, but you might as well just get the N word off your chest, I know it must be killing you.

Well I'm sorry I dont keep up to date on the movements of every politician at all times. I'll bet you that Obama gets paid the same whether he is in the Oval Office or on the 18th hole, too...

Bush didnt go on vacation every other week, either. YOU AND YOU ALONE are the one always bringing race into these threads.

And from another recent thread, it sounds like you might be from Toronto, which makes me wonder why you even give a **** what people in a different country think of their leader. What's your opinion on Felipe Calderon? Is he just a poor brown person stuck in a shitty country because of Bush's very strict immigration and trade policies? How about Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? Nice guy, gets a bum rap because his country still lives in the 18th century? Maybe they could update if we'd just lift all those racist embargos?

You're unbelievable ridge... Why does it matter what the color of his skin is?

I SAID BEFORE, I DONT GIVE A **** WHAT COLOR HIS SKIN IS, I GIVE A **** ABOUT HOW HIS ACTIONS DIFFER FROM HIS PREACHING!

I don't know where in the world you got the idea I was from Toronto. I live in the good olde USA, originally I'm from Poland.

And there you go again. Bush spent an absolutely absurd amount of time on vacation, I think it was something close to half of the time as president. More than any other president. And you are here trying to say Obama takes far more vacations. Now why would you make something like that up then try to defend Bush in the process? It's totally irrational. Now unless you got another explaination for why you are so irrational when it comes to Obama I don't know what it could be aside from race.

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/president-obamas-vacation-days/

So again Ridge, for what reason do you constantly lie about Obama if its not about race?

Leave it to halflife2.net to take a thread about Obama visiting a member's hometown to a debate about race and presidential vacations.

0-retarded arguing in only 36 posts! That might be a new record! Pathetic.

No Limit and Ridge, keep your childish bickering to Steam chat or private messaging. It seems like every damn thread in politics leads to you two arguing over stupid stuff.

You didn't answer the question Ridge, why do you constantly lie about this president? It's not that you disagree with the guy, it's that you personally hate him to the point where you constantly make up shit or criticize him for things you don't criticize anyone else for. Why?

Back