So, Orange Box on Xbox 360 got updated yesterday...

calboy07

Reaction score
Eargerly awaiting a new update for the ending of Portal, I went through the entire game as fast as my portal sills could go. One GLaDOS missile-hit later and one flying-into-heaven moment, then BAM!

It froze.

If you have the orange box on xbox, please tell me if you find the update, Im very interested in finding it out. I should of got the PC version, but I got Orange Box a few month ago because I didnt know portal exsisted.

That's surprising. I wasn't expecting a move like that from Valve. Perhaps, it's a marketing move to get more people buy the upcoming Portal 2 on Xbox 360. Better late than never.

UPDATE:

I've recently played through Portal again looking for a new ending update, but to no avail. Must of been a normal bug update, maybe?

I don't think the Xbox version got the update, only the PC and Mac version. Valve own Steam so they can just update the PC version as they please. Updating on the Xbox is much more of a hassle for them because Microsoft have to approve everything and it takes a while (and they don't allow you to add achievements unless it's a paid-for DLC). The Portal 2 ARG (alternate reality game, which the update was part of) required Valve to be able to be able to time and control when the updates were released, and it also added a new achievement. For these reasons it wasn't really feasible for them to do the release the update to the Xbox at the same time and seeing as the ARG is over added it now would really not be worth it.

By the way, I would recommend not getting the 360 version of Portal 2 if you have a PS3 or a gaming PC. This isn't elitism or anything, the 360 version is just going to have fewer features.

Back