Some forums gone

Munro

ValveTime Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've done a bit of a spring clean around the forums and removed some of the under used ones. All the posts are still here, they've just been moved to other forums. I'm hoping by having fewer forums it will be easier to keep track of current discussions.

You could have sold that better if you said that it would improve the speed of the search function!

It helps the moderators protect our freedom.

Literature and music topics moved to the lounge? Looks like I'm never touching those again. :(

No, sir, I don't like it. Conform to my learned expectations!

Should have at least lumped them in with Films / TV / DVD and renamed it to, I don't know, Mixed Media, General Entertainment, whatever.

But that's just my opinion.

Literature and music topics moved to the lounge? Looks like I'm never touching those again. :(

No shit, because they're gone.

I for one welcome this. Those sections saw hardly any attention anyways because everyone just stuck to the lounge like me. Now I'll actually notice music threads.

Literature was pretty much dead. The biggest book thread we had in ages was the Song of Ice and Fire one and that was in the TV section.

Should have at least lumped them in with Films / TV / DVD and renamed it to, I don't know, Mixed Media, General Entertainment, whatever.

But that's just my opinion.
Actually yeah. I think this is a good idea. Rename the TV section Entertainment.

you forgot to remove the Biocock forum.

Presumably because there's another one in the works.
But Munro removed forums based on their use. Even the music forum had 20x more use than the Bioshock forum. Besides, just because a game is being made for it doesn't mean it deserves its own forum. I'm not sure why there was one in the first place. I don't see very many hl2.netters excited for this new one you speak of.

But Munro removed forums based on their use. Even the music forum had 20x more use than the Bioshock forum. Besides, just because a game is being made for it doesn't mean it deserves its own forum. I'm not sure why there was one in the first place. I don't see very many hl2.netters excited for this new one you speak of.

No, I completely agree with you, I just think that's why it wasn't removed. Or perhaps he didn't even look at the subforums. It looks like only music and literature were removed.

You could have sold that better if you said that it would improve the speed of the search function!

IIIIIII kind of like the fact that our prestigious website models the time it takes to search for an article in the library of congress.

Yeah well I don't like reading, and if I was a mod I'd have removed that sentence.

While you're changing things would you please undo the last revision of the home page so it doesn't look Smashed up?

I'm not sure where music fits in. The lounge might be an okay place if the music thread that's there now was stickied.

I like these changes. The fact it pisses off Yorick is an added bonus.

This also made me realize that I haven't visited anything outside the "Off-Topic Forums" in years.

Why was the GTA series forum locked, by the way? There's still quite a lively modding community for those games and people love to discuss them.

Back