****spoiler*** Half Life 2 : Ep 2 Trailer

G

GotMilk

SSSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPOOOOOIIIIILLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEERRRRSSSSSSS.

HUGE ASS SPOILERS THAT WILL MAKE YOU CRY - SERIOUSLY.

This is from a TRAILER.

CONTAINS i HUGE ! INFORMATION

LAST CHANCE TO LOOK AWAY. THIS IS HUGE. I WONT FEEL SORRY FOR YOU.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=11174&type=mov

Alyx Dies.

By the looks of it, Combine + Houndeye = Combeye? Or are they simply ministriders?

I dont think she's gonna die...Paladins are gonna rezz her.

Aylx will die in one of the eps i bet, but in ep2 it will be something like trying to save her. Thats just what i think.

Sparda said:
Aylx will die in one of the eps i bet, but in ep2 it will be something like trying to save her. Thats just what i think.

Did you see the trailer?

She dies...

Or thats what they want us to think...

But she is clearly comatose / dead / dying.

Note

- Teaser to ep2 *TEASER*
- Alyx was not very pale just limp (Sign for lack of deadness)

it may just be making our minds run wild with speculation and when we see ep2 in a few months we think....oh never saw that coming

As for the houndeye theory I to thought so

P.S IN EPISODE THREE GORDON BECOMES A SITH LORD

When the vort is carrying Alyx, the voiceover says "This is too much to bear. But we will persevere"

That could apply to bloody anything, but im assuming they're trying to revive alyx (from coma, or whatever). Of course, valve are probably misleading us, we never see alyx fall.

To me it doesn't make a whole let of sense in a narrative sense to spend an entire episode getting to know one character then making us that connection the next.

Unless its a motivation thing. someone dies you got ape shit on there ass :p

Alyx AIN'T dead. She probally got knocked out after the fall, but not dead.
The Vorts will make sure she doesn't die. They got her and you out of the Citadel, didn't they?

cueball said:
P.S IN EPISODE THREE GORDON BECOMES A SITH LORD
Haha. :D

cabbs said:
When the vort is carrying Alyx, the voiceover says "This is too much to bear. But we will persevere"

That could apply to bloody anything, but im assuming they're trying to revive alyx (from coma, or whatever). Of course, valve are probably misleading us, we never see alyx fall.

Yeah, like in one of the Episode 1 teaser (Think the last one, 4th) where she says, "D0g! NO! D0G!!!"..It sounded like he got crushed, but he doesn't. They took two totally different scenes to make it look dramatic.

She's probably well alive..Or maybe the entire episode is based on chasing a cure for her? Chasing her assailant?

TST_Devgru Seal said:
Or maybe the entire episode is based on chasing a cure for her? Chasing her assailant?
Now THAT would be awesome. It would show how much Gordon cares about Alyx.

Alix ain't dead, she just passed out or went into a state of coma. Vortigaunts save her once, I bet they can save her again.

PS: best scene of the teaser is that HUGE panoramic view of City 17

In Epi 1 - was Alyx invincible? She took some direct hits throughout and she never slowed.

Alyx will be resurected as a Vortigaunt :naughty:

She doesn't die. She doesn't evan fall, I bet.

Think of Episode 1 Teaser 4. Valve made it look like Dog was crushed, but was he? No.

In the Episode 2 trailer, she loses one arm's grip. Though she clearly hangs on with the other hand. Dog probaly grabs her at the last minute or something.

fatrabbit said:
In Epi 1 - was Alyx invincible? She took some direct hits throughout and she never slowed.

Yeah I let her died a couple of times :p You have to reload (saved game not weapon) when she does.

Yeeeeah, remember when you used to say : OMG! the combine are gonna be on our side! , just because of that stupid ant lion guard picture.
Now they'll make you believe this crap.

Gordon Yells "Give me your hand" and then uses eli's gravity gun on alyx to pull her out of that mess, end of rant.

Yea... Gordon "yells"? Why do I doubt that somehow?

Besides, if Gordon pulled someone out of a hoel like that, he'd definitely use his crowbar, and not some wimpy-ass "zero-point energy manipulator", or what have you.

Do you honestly think Valve would expose such a crucial and important part of the plot in a ****ing trailer?

If you think she dies, you're a sucker.

Ludah said:
Do you honestly think Valve would expose such a crucial and important part of the plot in a ****ing trailer?

If you think she dies, you're a sucker.
Oh, like the Vortigaunt returing?

Alyx: Quickly! give me your hand!!!
Freeman: auch auch.....pfff....auch auch
Alyx: what's that? the train is gonna fall?
Freeman: pff pff!!
Alyx: I'm gonna f........~~~~~~*time slows down*
G-man: Fall, dr Freeman?
Freeman: pfff pfff pfff!!!!! pfffuuuuck!!! hey i can finally talk!!
G-man: We'll seee....about THAT! Mwuahahahaha....

to be continued

ríomhaire said:
Oh, like the Vortigaunt returing?

Any significant information regarding the vortigaunts was exposed to the player in-game. Not in a trailer.

If Alyx bites the dust, I can guarantee you it's going to be in another context.

Actually in ep2 Alyx IS alive, How you ask. Well in a HL2:ep2 edition of PC Gamer magazine Valve said "She's at gordon's side for most in ep1, though she's seen less in ep2, her Role remains important, and her character continue's to enjoy a deeper level of development Than any other in the game-including Gordon himself" thats a quote from vlave themselves, so no worries here :) .

Here's proof of that alyx is indeed alive in ep2, check it out====================> http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6303/pagefive5yk.jpg

Back