Star Wars ep 3 teaser online!

Ecthe|ioN said:
Even though some of you think it looks like "Meh" it will be watched by millions anyway.

That's one of the things I reall don't like about this whole starwars franchise. It won't matter how good or bad the movie is it's guranteed that it will make millions.

The originals drew a big audience because they were great movies, especiallyfor their time. But now the new starwars movies draw big audiences just because they're starwars. I'm not saying that a lot of people don't like them, but I just wish they were held to a higher standard in general.

just watched it, this one may actually not suck, hopefully
PG13? finally!

OMFG. Pure ownage :E I want those eyes too. This will rock hard.

hah, whenever they cut to that shot where anakin looks at the camera with his orange eyes, I can't help but think of Lord of the Rings. It looks like frodo with the eyes of sauron

Neutrino said:
That's one of the things I reall don't like about this whole starwars franchise. It won't matter how good or bad the movie is it's guranteed that it will make millions.

The originals drew a big audience because they were great movies, especiallyfor their time. But now the new starwars movies draw big audiences just because they're starwars. I'm not saying that a lot of people don't like them, but I just wish they were held to a higher standard in general.

And, how exactly are the star war movies not of a higher standard?

Mattigus said:
I'm more excited about the new Knights of the Old Republic game. The last game had a story better than the 2 most recent movies. Hell, it was almost as good as the original trilogy.

All the star wars games have had terrible storylines...its always some super power in the galaxy about to fall into the wrong hands...which isnt the same formula in the SW movies.

OMG!

Bloody brilliant! Looks great! Far greater than ep 1 & 2...

...got a tingly feeling when he said 'Lord vadar....rise'

ahhh....wookiee wars!!!

:E :E :E :E

I can't wait!!

looks good :)

Although I still think 4,5, and 6 will remain the best.

4, 5, 6 will always be the best...

...doesn't mean this can't be great though :E

Dam...may seems to far away :x

...oh yeh...there is no 7,8,9

Nid Banikeri said:
4, 5, 6 will always be the best...

...doesn't mean this can't be great though :E

Dam...may seems to far away :x

...oh yeh...there is no 7,8,9

I know - I was only teasing. Besides, who would they use for it? They'd have to use characters from the New Jedi Order.

Heh, I see...yeh they'd have to have new characters.

Then the sith would have to rise ....again....

Just wouldn't work.

+ GL is too old...he just wants to finish off the SW movies now...unless he sells the rights :bounce:

From what I understand, the Star Wars license dies with Lucas.

This looks really good, I cant wait for them!!! It wont be as good as the original, but it looks good from just the bit we saw.

Yeh it will be a shame if he does die with the license...I mean its always nice to know theres a chance of another

I hope that the star wars universe is expanded into video games. Like a trilogy of video games for PC (screw the consoles) that take place after episode 6.

It'd be cool if George went and revolutionized video games like he did for movies.

As far as the teaser, it' exactly what a teaser should be.
Can't wait!!!!

I'm disappointed with the games that involve a lightsaber. Poor combat system. Not only is it poor, but it's annoying. Now Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and Ninja Gaiden, now there's two games with kick-ass combat system.
I also thought that the
part where the big ship is partly on fire and there is another ship spraying water at it was pretty cool. And Anakin Skywalker grabs Obi-Wan by the throat when they are fighting.

The Star Wars game I'm looking forward to the most is Republic Commando.

Finally a Star Wars FPS that does not involve Jedi :)

Ok, it was looking good until I saw that Darth Vader looked like a 12 year old in a Halloween costume. Really, he's a shrimp...

I don't think Anakin was in that suit. Palpatine was probably presenting Anakin with the suit. Something about it made it look empty.
Asides from that qckbeam, what about the rest of the trailer? What did you think of it?

Tredoslop said:
I don't think Anakin was in that suit. Palpatine was probably presenting Anakin with the suit. Something about it made it look empty.
Asides from that qckbeam, what about the rest of the trailer? What did you think of it?

I loved the darker look to things be sure, but something about it somehow strikes me as underwhelming. I think a lot of it has to do how it was cut; it just dosn't seem very dramatic.

Yeah, I think the suit was being presented too.

I don't know what makes it look empty, but it does.

Maybe it was the way the suit's arm was held up and chained to the rising platform.

yeah, why would palpatine or whoever bind him down?

Well, in Return of the Jedi, Luke reveals Anakin for the first time, and as you can see, Anakin is in pretty bad shape. Something painful obviously happened happened to Anakin for him to require such a suit to keep him alive. Many people think that Obi-Wan and Anakin fight in that planet with the lava shown in the trailer and that Anakin falls in. Palpatine manages to save him, but Anakin is in pretty bad shape. Now, Anakin would probably screaming and going out of control (he's turned to the dark side afterall) and probably needs to maintain him.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure in one of the books it says that he does fall in the lava.

However, if he is in the suit, that still doesn't explain anything :p

There have already been pics of what Anakin is supposed to look like after the lava duel they have been dubbed the Crispy Anakin Pics. Anyway I agree the way it was cut made it very underwhelming compared to the LOTR trailers. Maybe its just cause Lucas has not made the best prequels he could make, but that is merely my opinion and I respect that they are his films and his stories. Anyway I have said it all along I do believe that Episode 3 has been the one prequel Lucas has wanted to make he just had to do Ep. 1 and 2 for backstory purposes and to show off some killer CGI and Saber duels. People who have seen Rough Cuts of ROTS say it ranks below Empire in the best SW films list, though it is the darkest of the 6 films. Oh yea and I do love the new Anakin Eyes I was hoping we would see those again. Though that Firetruck starship sort of destroyed the whole darkness of the trailer, maybe it was just the bright blue sky in the background but I can;t wait to see the Coruscant Battle wonder if it will beat the ROTK as the best war scene of all time.

OMG. The chills down my back when I heard...

Lord Vader?
Yes, Master?
Rise.

And the subsequent image.

OMG

Words can't desccribe how it makes me feel to see one of my most cherished childhood stories come full circle like this.

The Vader suit looks wimpy and empty because it's actually Haydon in there and not the 7' tall (or whatever) David Prowse. I agree something looks a little off though. I think it's the lighting. Usually Vader was seen in much darker or high contrast environments. He looked grey instead of black.

jasonh1234 said:
OMG. The chills down my back when I heard...

Lord Vader?
Yes, Master?
Rise.

And the subsequent image.

OMG

Words can't desccribe how it makes me feel to see one of my most cherished childhood stories come full circle like this.

Yes, yes

I agree with you jasonh1234, I still get those chills after watching it the 20th time.

Funny thing is that I feel like the rest of the veteran star wars fans (~35 years old). I'm only 17 and saw the first one when I was about 10 (1996). I hadn't really seen any movies other than cartoons at that time so the special effects and all was really amazing to me.

Full circle indeed.

Speaking of video games, I plan on having my own video game company some day (www.2realstudios.com) and I definitely agree that the lightsaber fights could be rendered with much more realism and complexity on the computer. Imagine multiplayer on top of that... :O

jasonh1234 said:
The Vader suit looks wimpy and empty because it's actually Haydon in there and not the 7' tall (or whatever) David Prowse. I agree something looks a little off though. I think it's the lighting. Usually Vader was seen in much darker or high contrast environments. He looked grey instead of black.

believe it or not there's only in inch height difference between hayden chritensen and david prowse (who is not even close to 7 foot tall). Its just a shame that Hayden is so skinny... :(

Seen It and I love it! can't wait till its in the theater

Hopefully Ep3 will be so good we can totally forget that the horrible Ep1 and 2 were ever made.

Back